Sign in to follow this  
Senor Ballistico

The Official TCU Baseball Countdown Thread

237433.jpeg?preset=large.socialmediaimag

Robbie Findlay ended his TCU career with 13 career saves.  Used to love how he was used, with 2, 3, 4-inning save opportunities on the reg.

• Like (+1) 2

hqdefault.jpg

Riley Ferrell, about to record a K that would send TCU to Omaha for a 2nd straight year.  This is also right about the time my cable cut out - it came back on as the Frogs were celebrating.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

usa_today_10126723.0.jpg

Across the 5 total trips the Frogs have taken to the College World Series  under Schlossnagle, they've won a total of 11 games in Omaha.

• Like (+1) 3

They’re testing the sound system at Lupton today.  They’re playing all the usual pre-recorded announcements and sound effects, including the horse racing first call.  Which means that they’ll be doing the Buffalo Bros buffalo race this season!  Woo-hoo!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Inside.jpg

Zach Humphreys spurned the Milwaukee Brewers, who selected him in last June's MLB Draft, to return for his senior season as a Horned Frog.  

• Like (+1) 3

Front.jpg

Conner Shepherd being mobbed at home plate last year after his walk-off bomb against Kansas.  We've got one more season of clapping along with Conner between pitches, and I hope he'll become the .300 hitter he was right on the verge of becoming last year.

• Like (+1) 3

@Lyle Lanley IIII I'm loving your additions to this thread and I bet I'm not the only one. Lots of great memories in here. Thanks for keeping this going every day! 😘

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

On 2/3/2020 at 8:12 PM, frogtwang said:

This was awesome. Equally incredible is Matt Purke's fabulous facial hair! 👌🧔

• Upvote (+1) 1

1963540.jpeg

Wade+TV.jpg

Two of my favorite Frogs.  Kyle Winkler was such a reliable warrior on the mound during his time at TCU, and I'll never forget the time we lost DH priveleges in a game and he laid down a perfect sac bunt.  Austen Wade must've driven opposing fans crazy with how patient he was at the plate.  I loved watching him drive up opponents' pitch counts and then drawing a walk after fouling off about a dozen 3-2 deliveries.

• Like (+1) 2

Inside_71.jpg

Josh Watson hit a home run against Oklahoma State his freshman season that must've gone 550 feet.  Just absolutely demolished that thing.  A minute or two later, I got a text from a friend that said "If Josh Watson played for Baylor, they've have already taken away the ball's scholarship" 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha  (+1) 1

Front.jpg

Hunter "Hungry Like The" Wolfe is back for his senior season after hitting .301 with 7 HR and a .933 OPS in his first season as a Frog a year ago.  He's slated to move from SS to CF, though reports have suggested he was hurt at some point in practice and may start the season DH'ing.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 3

5949b98fd88eb.image.jpg?resize=750,539

Ryan Merrill going deep during the 2017 College World Series was pretty cool - not only because it was agianst our old aggy punching bag, but because it was an emphatic homecoming statement for the Omaha native.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 2

1963547.jpeg

My favorite Steven Maxwell memory is from the 2010 Regionals, when the Frogs hosted - along with Arizona and Lamar - our old friends with Pappadeaux envy down in Waco.  Before Maxwell took the mound against the Bears, his season stats were shown on the screen of the scoreboard.  A few green & gold-clad fans sitting in front of me scoffed, stating very confidently that those stats were compiled against inferior opposition and that he couldn't hack it against a Big 12 batting order.  Maxwell then proceeded to toss 8 scoreless innings, striking out 10 batters along the way and allowing just three base hits.  At the end of each scoreless frame, I kept saying "The thing is, this Baylor lineup just can't hack it against Mountain West pitching"

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha  (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Lyle Lanley II said:

A few green & gold-clad fans sitting in front of me scoffed, stating very confidently that those stats were compiled against inferior opposition and that he couldn't hack it against a Big 12 batting order. 

What's that you said, @frogtwang? I can't quite remember...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha  (+1) 1

resized_250499-5c-tcu3colbw_68-26514_t80

Austin Henry returns for his senior season after having hit .288 with 7 HR and 43 RBI in his first year as a Frog.  He played 2B last year, could could be seen in a variety of roles this season - including 1B, 2B, 3B, DH and corner OF.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1