Sign in to follow this  
Senor Ballistico

The Official TCU Baseball Countdown Thread

Yes! We've got to start this up now!!

• Like (+1) 1

The 2004 Horned Frogs, led by 33 year-old (!) first year coach Jim Schlossnagle, won the Conference USA tournament to earn the NCAA Tournament berth that had unjustly eluded them a year before.  With one win over Youngstown State in the Austin Regional, they finished the season 39-26.  

Schlossnagle.gif

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 2

jasoncoats_display_image.jpg

Jason Coats delivering, what was at the time in 2009, the signature moment of the Schlossnagle era with a game-winning hit to beat Oregon State and send the Frogs to their first-ever Super Regional.  It is ,still, one of the fondest memories I have from a TCU sporting event that I witnessed first-hand.  It was a great, great day at Lupton.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

tcu-baseball.jpg

On the strength of his 20 home run junior season, Evan Skoug ended his Horned Frog career with 36 total round-trippers.

• Like (+1) 3

pitcher-russell-smith-works-during-the-f

Very excited to get Russell Smith back healthy this year.  At full strength, his is a big lefty arm that can power the Frogs through some crucial innings in 2020.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley II said:

Righty reliever, Heights grad and aspiring artist Dalton Brown is back for his 17th season at TCU this spring.

That's awesome! Not all of his stuff is to my taste, but he's really good, nonetheless. The bust he did is very cool! Thanks for the link.

D450391562054A6C9117.jpeg

Addy is ready for baseball.  Are you?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

rbz-ut-tcu-bb-18.jpg

Aaron Schultz crossing the plate after his 7th-inning, 2-run home run at Disch-Falk Field extended the Frogs' lead to 3-0 in their eventual 4-1 Game 3 road win over Texas that sent TCU to Omaha for the first time in 2010.

I couldn't find the video - but right before he hit it, the TV mic picked up a UT fan telling Schultz to "get back in the batter's box and shut up".  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha  (+1) 1