Sign in to follow this  
PurpleDawg

2019 Bowl Mania Pick'em!

Back by popular demand is our post-season bowl pick'em! This is even more fun than the season-long pick'em because you've got 41 games to get right and it's anyone's guess what will happen with some of them (anyone watch the Cheez-INT Bowl last year, lol). The games begin early afternoon on Friday, December 20, and go right through the CFP National Championship game on the evening of Monday, January 13. You don't have to pick all of the games to start off, just be sure to get your picks done about five to ten minutes before the game starts and don't forget to click SUBMIT YOUR PICKS at the bottom of the page each time you make changes. We're using the same group that gofrogs152 made for us a few years ago. Link and password below.

@Newbomb Turk I expect to see you in our group again since you're retired and potentially not playing with your office now! @Black-it-out-Frog! you need to join us again, too! Looking for lots of new players this time. Lots of fun with the fabulous array of prizes we have every year (😉).

http://fantasy.espn.com/college-bowl-mania/2019/en/group?groupID=147329

Password: GMFP

Let us know here if you've got questions.

Let's get pickin'!

• Like (+1) 2

OK! We're getting going on a good group of TFHers in the Bowl Mania contest. Arrrgggh, The Scottish Ransacker, Newfoundland Frog, me, and GO FROGS! have all signed up so far. (Who is that last player???) The more, the merrier... so don't delay, sign up today! 😊🤞🏈

• Like (+1) 1

I'm in.  Sent the link to the troll in case he wants to join in.  Think he won it one of the last couple years.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Black-it-out-Frog! said:

Message received! I joined. I need to make my picks. 

Wooooo! How's the baby girl?

Hey! We've got 11 players in the bowl pick'em!! We need more to make it even more betterer and fantastical. @Newbomb Turk and @MercenaryLibrarian you guys were in it last year and you haven't signed up yet. You don't want to miss out on all the fun and the fabulous collection of prizes for the winner! Games start this Friday at 5:00pmEastern. You don't have to pick all 41 games to start with, just be sure to pick the ones for that day and don't forget to click *SUBMIT YOUR PICKS* at the bottom of the page anytime you make a change. Also, if you're lazy 😉 there's an auto fill feature that will automatically fill in the whole slate for you based on the popular vote or random picks. 

Happy pickin'! I hate that the Frogs aren't in it, but it's still a fun time for us CFB nerds!

• Upvote (+1) 1

I have zero feel for the games this year.  My expecations are low this year in terms of my performance....

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, gofrogs152 said:

I have zero feel for the games this year.  My expecations are low this year in terms of my performance....

That's where the beauty of the auto pick feature can help! 😆

3 hours ago, PurpleDawg said:

That's where the beauty of the auto pick feature can help! 😆

Now PD, you aren't telling me you are letting a darned computer inform your picks, are you????  😁

• Haha  (+1) 1

1 hour ago, gofrogs152 said:

Now PD, you aren't telling me you are letting a darned computer inform your picks, are you????  😁

At least not THAT damned computer! 🤣

• Haha  (+1) 1

DUSHEE didnt win the bowl pick em last year.  I think with so many kids sitting out and with the playoffs further deemphasizing the importance of even the "big 4" bowls, bowl performance is  more random and noisier than the regular season.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Duquesne Frog said:

DUSHEE didnt win the bowl pick em last year.

I DID! 😤💪🏻 ...completely thanks to the Frogs as pick #41 in the fabulous Cheez-INT Bowl. 😁

• Like (+1) 2

@Rana1 you're the only player who hasn't made all your picks yet, but I see you have made a few. Hopefully, you've got the games for Friday done, at least.

Let's go, Buffalo Bulls and UT State Aggies! 👏🏻

5 minutes ago, Black-it-out-Frog! said:

I only need 40 more wins to be a millionaire!

Everyone is off to a terrific start! (except for poor Senor B. ☹️)

16 hours ago, PurpleDawg said:

Everyone is off to a terrific start! (except for poor Senor B. ☹️)

There goes my million. Damn you Kent State I had 17 pts on that game.

1 hour ago, Black-it-out-Frog! said:

Could be worse. I decided I needed to do more than phone it in (because I really don't feel or have a feel for the bowl season this year) and actually move some of my picks around. Not because I was really that confident in it, but I did move Utah State to #41.

I think that I should have probably gone with a Kyle Whittingham coached Utah school at that spot instead, looking back at the choice.

1 hour ago, Black-it-out-Frog! said:

Join the crowd. The only one of us who even had ANY confidence the Golden Showers would win was Zebra, and he only gave them 1 point.

If anyone wants to win, just look at which teams I pick, and pick the other one!

I will take the basement spot!

• Haha  (+1) 1