Sign in to follow this  
Vlade Divac

Bowl Games Thread

6 minutes ago, Newbomb Turk said:

Did I hear that right?

Rhule said that Charlie Brewer has already had THREE concussions????  BEFORE this one???

What the hell is he doing playing football?

I guess it’s okay if it’s all for the greater glory of Jesus.

This concussion would be number four, if that lost, vacant look in his eyes is what everyone thinks it is.

I can't help you with the aswer to your other question.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, frogtwang said:

baylor coaches have a history of bowl related spit issues. Clip starts at 11:45 mark... 

Between the Peach Bowl and the last five minutes of that game, I wore out my DVR that year.

• Haha  (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Yes! Anybody still have their Teddy Ruxpin?

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, PurpleDawg said:

This concussion would be number four, if that lost, vacant look in his eyes is what everyone thinks it is.

I can't help you with the aswer to your other question.

I went back to the quote in the broadcast because I thought I must have heard it wrong.  Nope. “The number is three, Matt Rhule says, concussions for Brewer. We asked Brewer if he was worried about that and he said, ‘Nope.’”

And Charlie Brewer’s opinion is relevant, because in addition to being a quarterback, he’s a licensed effing NEUROLOGIST!

Jesus, with everything they’ve learned about concussions, it is criminal to let that kid put on a set of pads.

• Upvote (+1) 4

12 minutes ago, Newbomb Turk said:

Between the Peach Bowl and the last five minutes of that game, I wore out my DVR that year.

Same. 

I’ve watched the Peach Bowl on YouTube several times. 

4 minutes ago, Newbomb Turk said:

with everything they’ve learned about concussions, it is criminal to let that kid put on a set of pads.

Don't forget that Mike Defee had to tell Rhule to take Charlie out of the conference championship game because he was concerned the kid was concussed. Otherwise, Rhule would have left him in there to play with a banged up head.

Matt Rhule is trending on Twitter because he hasn't learned to properly spit without it landing on his clothing. Good thing he wears a waterproof smock, I guess.

• Haha  (+1) 2

The Big 12 showed the world what conference is the best!  

It's not the Big 12

WTG conference mates!

Now Rhule will haul ass from the shit hole in the middle of the great state of Texas for the NFL and Baylor will once again become irrelevant 

giphy.gif

Well I'm sure BU fans have been checking out our fan forums since we didn't make it to a bowl (and lose). 

I'm going to hop on over to Baylor fans and get my fill of satisfaction from their misery.

Schadenfreude 🙂

• Upvote (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Senor Ballistico said:

giphy.gif

almost certain that he’s still laying in that same place. 

• Haha  (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Senor Ballistico said:

There's a 168 hours in a week, sex takes 30-60 mins.  What are they selling the rest of the weeK?

3 minutes...tops...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Senor Ballistico said:

The Big 12 showed the world what conference is the best!  

It's not the Big 12

WTG conference mates!

Now Rhule will haul ass from the shit hole in the middle of the great state of Texas for the NFL and Baylor will once again become irrelevant 

OU was the Big 12's best team and it wasn't the best recent OU team. The rest of the conference was good but not great.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Feeling Froggy said:

I went into a rum slumber in the late 3rd quarter, but in case anyone else missed it...

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/28407723/baylor-qb-charlie-brewer-evaluated-neck-injury-sugar-bowl-exit

😮 But let's not keep him out of the game when he's clearly had too many head injuries. 

"He's a great player whose best football is ahead of him. We have to become better on offense quickly, and protecting him where he can stay upright is a major thing."

• Like (+1) 2

John Denton is in the booth for the Birmingham Bowl today.

• Like (+1) 2

End of the third quarter. Tennessee is down four scores...trail 19-9.

Can't wait for Tennessee fans next year thinking they can roll into Norman and get the W against the Sooners...lol

Good thing they don't play anyone else in non-con else they wouldn't make it to a bowl game.

34 minutes ago, Rothbardian said:

End of the third quarter. Tennessee is down four scores...trail 19-9.

About to give it away due to a perfect onside kick. 23-22 Tennessee 3:50-ish to go.

Indicative of how the game went, too. 😆

• Haha  (+1) 2

A year after scrapping the Coaches Film Room in favor of something more experimental, ESPN is bringing back the segment and we have a peek at who the four coaches are that will breaking down the national title game featuring Clemson and LSU live.

Oklahoma State’s Mike Gundy, Boston College’s Jeff Hafley, Vanderbilt’s Derek Mason, and TCU’s Gary Patterson will be the four coaches featured, according to Richard Deitsch.

https://footballscoop.com/news/the-coaches-film-room-for-national-title-game-is-back-featuring-four-coaches/

• Like (+1) 3