Sign in to follow this  
Lyle Lanley II

The 2020 football offseason thread

5 hours ago, Rothbardian said:

wE aRe AlL lOOkiNg fOrwArD tO tHe LaUncH oF tHe TrOjAn NeTWorK

Need to see who the broadcast crew is..... (wont look up potential pics)

1 minute ago, Endless Purple said:

Need to see who the broadcast crew is..... (wont look up potential pics)

Frank Gifford is not available...

33 minutes ago, Zebra Frog said:

My supervisor gets upset if we go over 1:30.

Nice!

So, about the new proposal that officials will need to be on the field 90 minutes before the game, rather than the 60 minutes required now. What do you think of that and do you also have to be down there as RO? I didn't know the officials were required to do that at all. Seems like it would be up to each team's staff to keep the peace before and after games.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I. In the booth way before the 60 minute mark.  The officials wouldn’t have to be on the field at 90 if the coaches would take care of the team/knuckleheads.  It’s all about discipline.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I think Coach Patterson has two or three years left on his contract. By then he probably will be in a sport where professional players transfer schools whenever they are offered more money. I don't think he likes that.

• Upvote (+1) 4

While trying to find Notre Dames TV deal info, I cam across this article that had this quote in it from Oct 2018:

"On a per-student basis, Notre Dame has no equal; it's $10,571 profit per student was 75 percent higher than second-ranked Texas Christian University's $6,042 and more than double what was recorded by big public schools such as the University of Oklahoma, the University of Alabama and Ohio State University."

https://www.bizjournals.com/bizjournals/news/2018/10/12/alabama-football-is-no-1-but-it-can-learn-a-thing.html

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

23 hours ago, angelosfrog said:

TCU was #22 among P5 football programs in gross revenue in 2018.  $20M more than Baylor.  At least we did something right that season.

https://www.pennlive.com/pennstatefootball/2020/03/which-are-richest-and-poorest-college-football-programs-new-revenue-figures-for-all-65-power-five-schools.html

Oh dear...that sure overwrites an old Baylor talking point!!!

On 3/23/2020 at 3:20 PM, Duquesne Frog said:

Jamie Plunkett doing a tournament of best TCU plays of all time: https://www.frogsowar.com/2020/3/22/21190373/best-tcu-moments-bracket-the-play-in-games

My candidate wouldn't be a play...it would be the whole defensive display in the 12-3 Tech game.

There used to be a great youtube of just the defensive plays from that game but it seems to now be gone.

1 hour ago, NewfoundlandFreeFrog said:

My candidate wouldn't be a play...it would be the whole defensive display in the 12-3 Tech game.

There used to be a great youtube of just the defensive plays from that game but it seems to now be gone.

GMFP's presser after that game was one of the players in the Patterson bracket.

On 3/25/2020 at 4:46 AM, Duquesne Frog said:

Patterson region.  Gen Xers and Boomers need to go in and vote for Basil Mitchell ... he's getting robbed.  Him blowing by Liz Claiborne may have been the single turning point that brought us the Patterson era ...

https://www.frogsowar.com/2020/3/24/21192595/best-tcu-moments-patterson-region-round-1

My Honey Butter Biscuit ™ won!

• Like (+1) 1