Sign in to follow this  
PurpleDawg

Happy Thanksgiving, TFH!

We are thankful for our members and all they bring that helps make The Frog Horn a sports board with an extended family vibe. Enjoy whatever you're doing today and be ready to Riff Ram the Frogs to a bowl tomorrow! 

Where is everyone celebrating/what are you eating/what are you doing today?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Thank you PD!  Happy Thanksgiving to all my FH brethren! 

Our annual tradition is having my daughter and her family come over and get the Christmas lights on the house, eat, watch Dallas game.  Too cold today, just eating and watching football.

They just showed Bobby Layne on the Chicago-Detroit game.  Bobby had a son that played for the Frogs from about 71-75.  He was a wild man.  When TCU was at A&M in the late 70's, Aggie was ranked in the Top 5.   Aggie had a big assed RB that mowed down defenses every week.  Bobby Layne  (Sweet Bobby) and his two sons and some of their friends were at the Las Vegas Hilton for the weekend  and Bobby bet $55k on A&M -38.  The Frogs played their best game of the season that day and Aggie didn't even score 38 points (but won).  Sweet Bobby was watching the game in his suite with his young entourage and half way through the 4th quarter, he picked up the TV (a BIG television mind you) and shoved it through the window where it landed on the roof of the kitchen 30 floors down.  The LV Hilton management asked him not to return after that.  That had to be a tough decision for the LVH mgt team, he'd go out there, drink and lose a lot of money quite often.

Thought I'd share a memory  🙂 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha  (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Happy Thanksgiving all!

The traditional bird is in the oven now and the asiago and spinach stuffed turkey breast has been wrapped with bacon and ready to go in when there is room. The plan is simply to be a glutton and then slip into a tryptophan coma.

• Like (+1) 2

Wife is still asleep.  I have baked our pumpkin pie and am watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade.  Soon wife will awaken and the serious cooking will begin. 

• Like (+1) 3

Second year in a row I have had to be out of down due to game assignment. For those of you lucky enough to be with your family and friends, be thankful.  For me, I’m lonely, but have to remember, I signed up for this gig.

Go Froga!  Beat West Virginia!

• Like (+1) 3

55 minutes ago, AlohaFrog said:

Wife is still asleep.  I have baked our pumpkin pie and am watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade.  Soon wife will awaken and the serious cooking will begin. 

If you can believe it, Aloha, there are people, some even on this very board (cough, @Newbomb Turk, cough) who don't like pumpkin pie! Scandalous!

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, PurpleDawg said:

If you can believe it, Aloha, there are people, some even on this very board (cough, @Newbomb Turk, cough) who don't like pumpkin pie! Scandalous!

giphy.webp

• Haha  (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, PurpleDawg said:

I'm with Newbomb ...

• Upvote (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Duquesne Frog said:

I'm with Newbomb ...

What say you to the TX state nut, the humble puh-con?

Dallas offense was strong out of the gate today, but they’re fading around the turn.

• Like (+1) 1

Well finished my 2nd family Thanksgiving for the year. Once in Canada in Oct, once today. Pretty Thanksgivinged out.

Made a buttermillk cornbread stuffing w/jalapenos for 12 people which I found after some internet research. It is close to a recipe--which I have sadly lost somewhere--which my wife used to make. One of the guests brought a few homegrown habaneros one of which had been damaged a bit near the tip and I added its undamaged portion--about half--as well. Only dish that was totally cleaned out. Several asked for the recipe.

Recommended as it is not a standard stuffing. No meat or giblets for one so pure corn+jalapeno flavor. Oh...used some smoked turkey bone homemade stock that was available instead of chicken.

https://12tomatoes.com/side-dish-recipe-spicy-jalapeo-buttermilk-cornbread-stuffing/  For 12 I made a 2.5x recipe. Should have made at least 3x.

Ran across a Mi Casa store just around the corner from the senior's home on Dessau and am returning to the frozen North tomorrow morn with half a suitcase of my favorite dried peppers!

Hope my day mirrored everyone else's!

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, PurpleDawg said:

What say you to the TX state nut, the humble puh-con?

I'm okay with pecan pie.  I'll go with a fruit pie if given a choice, but pecan will do in a pinch ...

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Newbomb Turk said:

Dallas offense was strong out of the gate today, but they’re fading around the turn.

So much talent on that team. Hard to watch them implode. I was on the fence about Garrett's future, but I'm starting to lean toward them needing a fresh start.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Duquesne Frog said:

I'm okay with pecan pie.  I'll go with a fruit pie if given a choice, but pecan will do in a pinch ...

You may retain your native Texan card with that answer. 😆

BTW...Noticed here that the 9/11 Broadway musical about all the planes landing in Gander--Come From Away--is now on tour. In TX in Feb/Mar including FW and Austin.

Some of the people in the quite  successful Broadway and London shows I know or have seen. Excellent singers and fiddlers. Don't know who's in the touring company. Worth a look if you're a musical sort.

17 hours ago, Newbomb Turk said:

15 hours ago, PurpleDawg said:

So much talent on that team. Hard to watch them implode. I was on the fence about Garrett's future, but I'm starting to lean toward them needing a fresh start.

They need to send Garrett to the glue factory.

1813F627208D4CA1A41E.gif

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha  (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1