Sign in to follow this  
Senor Ballistico

W.Virgina + 12½ @ TCU

More important than the destination or opponent - and possibly even the result - of a bowl game...will be the extra practice time.  Got to earn that with a W over the Mountaineers.

Based on what I saw from this team against OU, IF we get the win over the ‘eers, I pity whoever plays us in a bowl.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 4

2 hours ago, Newbomb Turk said:

Based on what I saw from this team against OU, IF we get the win over the ‘eers, I pity whoever plays us in a bowl.

Agreed.

And I agree with that big 'if', as well. They have looked much improved on offense since they settled with Doege as quarterback, and their defense has looked much more sound than they were at the start of the season.

I expect a nailbiter this week.

• Like (+1) 1

It's a nailbiter every week. Doggy appears to be a good passer, but not as good a runner as all the other Big 12 teams have. That's very much to our advantage. If the Frogs don't give the ball away we should win.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I'll be VERY interested to see whether or not either Reagor or Blacklock take part in Senior Day festivities before the game...

• Upvote (+1) 2

This spread seems high based on how they’ve been playing and a high chance of rain. But with bowl eligibility out of the question, Vegas must be banking on some give up from WV. 

I expect a very physical effort from our Frogs, with GP letting the senior RBs shine on Senior Day. We break their will in the fourth and run away with a win. 

TCU 28

WV 14

• Like (+1) 1

I've been a pessimist most of the year, but I'm feeling pretty confident about this one...

5 hours ago, Vlade Divac said:

This spread seems high based on how they’ve been playing and a high chance of rain. But with bowl eligibility out of the question, Vegas must be banking on some give up from WV. 

I expect a very physical effort from our Frogs, with GP letting the senior RBs shine on Senior Day. We break their will in the fourth and run away with a win. 

TCU 28

WV 14

They probably have a whole slew of data on how teams perform games where one team can make a bowl by winning and the other doesn't have a shot.  Add in the Thanksgiving weekend and playing on the road and I'd have to say you have all the ingredients for WVU to play pretty poorly on Friday.

1 hour ago, angelosfrog said:

They probably have a whole slew of data on how teams perform games where one team can make a bowl by winning and the other doesn't have a shot.  Add in the Thanksgiving weekend and playing on the road and I'd have to say you have all the ingredients for WVU to play pretty poorly on Friday.

I should have those stats by tomorrow

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha  (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2

KNOCK, KNOCK
The fi nal full week of the college football season is fi lled with teams
getting ready to go bowling. It’s also laced with teams that will be home
for the holidays. And somewhere in between are teams that are sitting
on the bowl cusp.
With 40 bowl games on tap this season, it seems more 6-win teams than
ever will be heading to the alleys. That being the case, you can expect
5-win teams playing their final game of the season this week to be more
focused than ever in hopes of becoming 6-win bowl-eligible.
To conclude the season we find fifteen 5-win teams knocking on the
bowl-eligible door in do-or-die situations, with 6-win Liberty also in
need of a win to become bowl eligible. These teams includes: *Army,
*Boston College, +Colorado, +Kent State, Liberty, *Michigan State,
*Mississippi State, *Missouri, +Nebraska, +North Carolina, *Ohio U,
+Oregon State, *+TCU, *+Troy, and +UL Monroe.
(*) Designates teams that were bowlers last season, while (+) represents
teams seeking revenge from a loss last season against this week’s foes.
FYI: teams with double incentives (bowlers last year and with revenge)
have gone 8-3-1 ATS the past two seasons, including 2-0-1 ATS last year.
It appears there will be an abundance of 6-win teams to fi ll out this
year’s bowl docket. If, however, they fall short, the committee would
revert to 5-win teams and those squads with the best GPA’s will earn
the nods. There are no less than twenty-three 4-win teams awaiting their
chance. Sheesh.
There you have it. This year’s list of college football teams ” knocking on
heaven’s door” in their final games of the season.

• Like (+1) 1

Offense was atrocious that whole 2nd half.  Their Dline whipped our Oline, Duggan looked like a freshman, WRs continued dropping the ball.  I dont think the playcalling was the problem, but the execution was so bad that I suspect there will be big changes in coaching next year.  That was terrible.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Duquesne Frog said:

Offense was atrocious that whole 2nd half.  Their Dline whipped our Oline, Duggan looked like a freshman, WRs continued dropping the ball.  I dont think the playcalling was the problem, but the execution was so bad that I suspect there will be big changes in coaching next year.  That was terrible.

It was painful to watch that game.  Why didn't Max run the ball more? He was getting buried the entire game.  Throwing behind receivers  just crap

19 minutes ago, Senor Ballistico said:

It was painful to watch that game.  Why didn't Max run the ball more? He was getting buried the entire game.  Throwing behind receivers  just crap

I suspect Duggan was told not to run so he wouldn’t gat hurt when we don’t have anyone to replace him. 

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Duquesne Frog said:

Bad coaching and bad playing, all around pathetic. Everyone needs to be replaced except Barber, Duggan and Wells. Coaches better hit tha junior colleges for immediate help. 

Can I just throw something in here that I saw from Mrs. P? We're absolutely right to be upset, but remember these are STUDENT-athletes. Say what you want about the coaches, they're adults (they can handle it? 😉). Just remember calling out individual players on our board for poor play is not allowed.

• Like (+1) 2