Sign in to follow this  
Senor Ballistico

Say what? Baylor- 2 @ TCU

SEC likes to promote itself as the #1 college football league in the country; “….it just means more.” was their slogan for a while, and while they may be mostly right, check out these two scores before crowning the SEC this year’s King of the Hill:

— Western Kentucky 45, Arkansas 19
— Appalachian State 20, South Carolina 15

• Haha  (+1) 1

10) Baylor 29, TCU 23 OT— There were no touchdowns scored in regulation time; Horned Frogs led 9-0 at halftime, but Baylor kicked a 51-yard FG with 0:36 left, then won the game in the third OT.

Fun game to watch; tough game to lose. Baylor is 9-0; four of the Bears’ six Big X wins were by 3 or fewer points, or in OT. TCU is 0-4 in games decided by 7 or fewer points.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I was at the game and just rewatched it on DVR this morning.  I thought the team played really hard.  Max is 10x the leader that Shawn was.  The defense was incredible.  Wilson, Wallow Mathis, Gladney, Ardarius W, and Bethley really stood out to me.  I thought Sonny called a good game under the circumstances with Duggan's injury and the quality of Baylor's defense.  If the players had executed better on offense, we would've won in regulation easily.  Pro dropped a sure TD, Reagor dropped another one (difficult catch but if he's going to be a first round pick it's one he needs to make), Sewo tipped one up that got intercepted and gave Baylor 3 pts, and Duggan had room to run for an easy 10-15 yd gain on his rollout and threw and interception instead.  I think Duggan's finger hurt his accuracy too.  It was disappointing to lose but it was one of most exciting, entertaining games I've ever been to.  The fans were really loud and caused Baylor to get 3-4 false start penalties.  I"m proud of the team and the fans.  This is one I won't ever forget.

• Like (+1) 4

Frogs could just as easily be at 8-1 right now...if a couple of plays in each game go our way. This team should compete for a Big XII title next year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2

That was a fun game to be at, atmosphere was amazing ,but man was that a physically draining game. Came home and took a nap and was still salty afterwards. Can't imagine what the coaches and players felt like. 

The more I read and see , the more frustrated I am about OT. don't think you can over turn that run by max. And even if you do over turn it (like it was), how do you not score from the 3 yard line with 4 plays?!?! Blehhh this one stings and now I gotta buy my baylol co-worker lunch this week. 😵

• Sad 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2

51 minutes ago, Rothbardian said:

Frogs could just as easily be at 8-1 right now...if a couple of plays in each game go our way. This team should compete for a Big XII title next year.

Aren't we losing quite a few of our big play makers after this season?

Blacklock (possible)

Reagor (possible)

Anderson

Sewo

Gladney

Gaines

That's who immediately comes to mind 

1 minute ago, TCaliU said:

Aren't we losing quite a few of our big play makers after this season?

Blacklock (possible)

Reagor (possible)

Anderson

Sewo

Gladney

Gaines

That's who immediately comes to mind 

Yeah but we only started one senior on defense yesterday and I thought Van Zandt and Ardarius played better than the seniors they replaced.  Same for Colt Ellison.  He and Workman (who's been out a few game with an injury) outplayed Blackshear.  We have two really good freshman running backs to replace the 2 seniors and we have 2 freshman corners plus Noah Daniels coming back from an injury so I have less concern about those positions.  Losing Blacklock, Reagor, Niang and Gladney will hurt but Max having a year of experience under his belt could be enough to offset that. Not having Niang yesterday probably hurt more than any of the other injuries.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm thinking Reagor realizes this year is not his best for the highlight reel and he comes back next year to play with an experienced Max Duggan and they light up the Big12. Blacklock, on the other hand, has had a great season and I see him moving on.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, angelosfrog said:

I was at the game and just rewatched it on DVR this morning.  I thought the team played really hard.  Max is 10x the leader that Shawn was.  The defense was incredible.  Wilson, Wallow Mathis, Gladney, Ardarius W, and Bethley really stood out to me.  I thought Sonny called a good game under the circumstances with Duggan's injury and the quality of Baylor's defense.  If the players had executed better on offense, we would've won in regulation easily.  Pro dropped a sure TD, Reagor dropped another one (difficult catch but if he's going to be a first round pick it's one he needs to make), Sewo tipped one up that got intercepted and gave Baylor 3 pts, and Duggan had room to run for an easy 10-15 yd gain on his rollout and threw and interception instead.  I think Duggan's finger hurt his accuracy too.  It was disappointing to lose but it was one of most exciting, entertaining games I've ever been to.  The fans were really loud and caused Baylor to get 3-4 false start penalties.  I"m proud of the team and the fans.  This is one I won't ever forget.

Excellent summary. I am also very proud of this team.  BTW, we'll win in Norman 

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, PurpleDawg said:

I'm thinking Reagor realizes this year is not his best for the highlight reel and he comes back next year to play with an experienced Max Duggan and they light up the Big12. Blacklock, on the other hand, has had a great season and I see him moving on.

You're right on re Reagor

3 hours ago, PurpleDawg said:

I agree.  Blacklock is coming off an injury and probably doesn’t want to risk another one too.  Reagor has been a major disappointment.  Dropping balls, getting knocked off his routes, showing a lack of effort at times.  He may have dropped to the third round.  

• Sad 2

11 hours ago, angelosfrog said:

I agree.  Blacklock is coming off an injury and probably doesn’t want to risk another one too.  Reagor has been a major disappointment.  Dropping balls, getting knocked off his routes, showing a lack of effort at times.  He may have dropped to the third round.  

Unfortunately this didn't age well for him either, has also since been deleted. I am really hoping he stays another year...

EoC19Gt.jpg

• Sad 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Frogfaninbedford said:

I'll have what you're smoking....

I'll give you my thoughts.  GMFP will pick apart the films from the OU/KSU and OU/ISU to no end.  If those two teams can do what they did to OU, GMFP can too!   OU will be coming off a thumping of Baylor (let down) while TCU will be coming off a win at Sand Aggie.  TCU wins 34-31.

Side Note: I love purple Kool Aid 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 3