Sign in to follow this  
Senor Ballistico

TCU + 4½ @ Okla. St

I'm not feeling too good about this game - the Cowboys usually torch us in Stillwater.  And they're coming off a big upset over the Clones.  But if Duggan plays like he did against Texas and we actually have a passing offense again, maybe we have a chance.

• Upvote (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Jared said:

I'm not feeling too good about this game - the Cowboys usually torch us in Stillwater.  And they're coming off a big upset over the Clones.  But if Duggan plays like he did against Texas and we actually have a passing offense again, maybe we have a chance.

Having Barber back makes a big difference because it gives Duggan another significant receiving threat.  Hunt and Stephens are coming on and even Barkley played a snap or two.  I think our passing game is going to get better every week. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

One of the things I loved seeing last week was Duggan capitalizing on the shorter routes - 5 to 7 yard slants, curls and outs.  It really helped us avoid as many 3rd & longs as we've faced most of the year, and got a few guys (Lynn, Stephens, Hunt) more involved than they've typically been.  

• Upvote (+1) 3

OSU's stud WR Wallace is supposedly out for the year with a torn ACL in practice.  He has close to 1/2 of their receiving yards, if I understand correctly.  Line has already reacted and is down to +2.5

• Thanks (+1) 1

18 hours ago, PurpleDawg said:

So far this season, I'm disappointed in Cohen's performance.  Last year, at a key point, he personally intervened in a game and individually contributed to providing a tipping point to an ultimate W.  This year, he as yet has not personally contributed much in his on-the-field performance.  In fact, it seems to me at least that he has deliberately attempted to stay off the field rather than provide a direct impact upon our games.  Instead, he seems more focused on promoting the team through media rather than actual football play.  What's his deal?  If he actually wanted us to win, don't you think he should be on the field trying his best like he's done in the past?

• Haha  (+1) 3

The bad news became official for Oklahoma State receiver Tylan Wallace, with tests Friday morning revealing that he has a torn ACL, a source told The Oklahoman.

https://oklahoman.com/article/5645826/osu-football-source-says-tylan-wallace-has-torn-acl

This is bad news.  I hope the kid heals fast and makes a ton of money next year in the NFL.

Wallace has 47% of their receiving yds this season, 8 of their 15 receiving TD's and over a 1/3 of their total receptions.  He's basically the safety blanket for the RFr QB.  Stop the run in this game and we win. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Oklahoma St, TCU look to build on big wins

The Horned Frogs lead the Big 12 in total defense during league play and rank second in rushing defense, but TCU coach Gary Patterson said Oklahoma State running back Chuba Hubbard provides a major test. Hubbard leads the nation with 1,381 yards rushing and ranks second with 16 touchdowns.

''He's a track guy that plays football,'' Patterson said. ''He has a really good burst, especially an inside burst, in the inside holes. I think that it's probably underrated. When he takes off, one step, he can get going. You've got to be able to play the run with all 11.''

https://sports.yahoo.com/oklahoma-st-tcu-look-build-big-wins-060227986--ncaaf.html?src=rss

• Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NewfoundlandFreeFrog said:

Great coverage of Texas games here today. Even UTEP vs. UNT is on! TCU is on in regular and in HD. 

Now if they can just win...

Thinking positively today, mister!

I hate football.  Why do I do this to myself?  I should take up crochet.  

• Upvote (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, gofrogs152 said:

I hate football.  Why do I do this to myself?  I should take up crochet.  

It's hard to drink wine and crochet, though. You wind up with 3'x12' afghans.

• Haha  (+1) 2

Had a busy week and then company since Thursday so I wasn't able to log on much.  Hope to be around more this week with the hated Baylor Bears coming to town!  

Goooooo FROGS!!!!

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Senor Ballistico said:

Had a busy week and then company since Thursday so I wasn't able to log on much.  Hope to be around more this week with the hated Baylor Bears coming to town!  

Goooooo FROGS!!!!

You left out “dreaded.”  They are hated and dreaded.

• Like (+1) 2

44 minutes ago, Zebra Frog said:

You left out “dreaded.”  They are hated and dreaded.

30 minutes ago, Feeling Froggy said:

And...

#$%@ Baylor!

I stand corrected, thank you gentlemen!

• Like (+1) 1