Sign in to follow this  
Senor Ballistico

U.Texas - 1½ @ TCU

Whoa. That’s pretty much a even matchup. As sloppy as UT has been, that’s really surprising. 

Texas team defense is one of the worst in the league, only better than Kansas. They are the worst pass defense in the big XII, should match up with our next to last pass offense... 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Mortgage your  house and bet it all on Texas.

11 hours ago, frogtwang said:

Texas team defense is one of the worst in the league, only better than Kansas. They are the worst pass defense in the big XII, should match up with our next to last pass offense... 

they seem to be really bad with the arm tackles. Gives me hope that Sewo and Jet can break free 

• Upvote (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, $mooth said:

they seem to be really bad with the arm tackles. Gives me hope that Sewo and Jet can break free 

This is the kind of game that can turn the season around. I think we’ve got a chance. 

Defense needs to dig deep to stop Ehlinger and Duvernay. 

• Like (+1) 1

The underlying stats say this is a good but not great team.  Good but not great teams have great games throughout the year. Hopefully this is one of them. 

With our successful run game offense and high % of 3 and out defense, if we get some early breaks, and the crowd gets into it's not hard to see a path to victory. This team isn't one to play catch up, but give us an early lead and some momentum, and I like our chances. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

This looks pretty even to me.  Neither team has much of an offense (passing), but Ehlinger is an upperclassman with more experience than Duggan.  Both have fairly highly-touted defenses that haven't really performed up to that this season.  They got a tough W on Saturday; we didn't.  We're at home.  I'm not really liking our chances because we've been so unimpressive, but we should at least keep it close and maybe pull it out.

• Like (+1) 1

On CBSSports' Inside College Football, they analyzed our game and then all of them (Rick, Brian, Aaron and Randy) picked Texas easily.  But their computer picked Texas by only 2 points, which is less than the spread, so there's that.  I kind of like that everyone just assumes that we'll lose - this is sort of trap game for Texas and I'm beginning to like our chances.  (Although we don't have much of an offense and tend to fumble in our redzone a lot).

13 hours ago, Jared said:

On CBSSports' Inside College Football, they analyzed our game and then all of them (Rick, Brian, Aaron and Randy) picked Texas easily.  But their computer picked Texas by only 2 points, which is less than the spread, so there's that.  I kind of like that everyone just assumes that we'll lose - this is sort of trap game for Texas and I'm beginning to like our chances.  (Although we don't have much of an offense and tend to fumble in our redzone a lot).

Oh Lord please let us pull this off. This feels like a PERFECT game for us to remember why Patterson is one of the greats. I'm not sure I could imagine a more satisfying victory.

Plus there are a TON of UT fans who work with me and it'd be nice to have a leg up.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, DangerFrog said:

Oh Lord please let us pull this off. This feels like a PERFECT game for us to remember why Patterson is one of the greats. I'm not sure I could imagine a more satisfying victory.

Plus there are a TON of UT fans who work with me and it'd be nice to have a leg up.

Yeah, even at 3-3, a W over Texas could make this season.

Just got through perusing surlyhorns during the (tennis) rain delay - their advice thread about where to park and eat is hilarious.  Their football/prediction thread is insulting - they think we suck (some of them have actually watched our SMU, ISU and KState games).  It'll be nice schadenfreude to go there if/after we win.

• Upvote (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Jared said:

their advice thread about where to park and eat is hilarious.

You mean they haven't read our Gameday Information threads? Shocking!

At a tech conference where they had Matthew McConaughey as a guest speaker. Overall I gained respect for him, had some good laughs and great talking points. Anyways, the lady interviewing him happened to be a TCU fan and brought up this weekend's game. He's seems to be a knowledgeable fan and respects GP. Wanted to share it with y'all, hope you enjoy !

https://streamable.com/kbmw7

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

3 hours ago, frogtwang said:

Damn, I hope they show that to the players. Got me hyped and ready to play!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2

All the Gameday guys picked against us, but the Bear picked TCU in a straight upset.