Sign in to follow this  
Senor Ballistico

TCU +3½ @ Iowa St

Here's a little preview from the ISU newspaper.

http://www.iowastatedaily.com/sports/gridiron/notebook-iowa-state-hopes-to-channel-the-same-midseason-successes-of-2017-and-2018-matt-campbell-tcu-texas-christian-university-horned-frogs-baylor-bears-jaquan-bailey-will-mcdonald-kene-nwangwu-tarique-milton-zach-petersen-espn2/article_a9ac3346-e46f-11e9-ae89-375129ede7cc.html

Their best DE will probably be out so that may help somewhat.  We've got a ton of injuries ourselves though.  Thankfully none on the offensive line.  Their NT, Ray Lima is going to be a bear for our interior guys.  We can't afford to have anyone but our best out there against this defense. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, angelosfrog said:

Here's a little preview from the ISU newspaper.

http://www.iowastatedaily.com/sports/gridiron/notebook-iowa-state-hopes-to-channel-the-same-midseason-successes-of-2017-and-2018-matt-campbell-tcu-texas-christian-university-horned-frogs-baylor-bears-jaquan-bailey-will-mcdonald-kene-nwangwu-tarique-milton-zach-petersen-espn2/article_a9ac3346-e46f-11e9-ae89-375129ede7cc.html

Their best DE will probably be out so that may help somewhat.  We've got a ton of injuries ourselves though.  Thankfully none on the offensive line.  Their NT, Ray Lima is going to be a bear for our interior guys.  We can't afford to have anyone but our best out there against this defense. 

Since Iowa State is playing lower-level Big 12 teams in October, there is a chance that this trend continues.

tenor.gif

• Haha  (+1) 2

1 hour ago, TCaliU said:

tenor.gif

People start picking you as a dark horse to to the CCG and you start getting cocky.  I actually feel good about this game for some strange reason.  I think the SMU game was a wake up call. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, angelosfrog said:

People start picking you as a dark horse to to the CCG and you start getting cocky.  I actually feel good about this game for some strange reason.  I think the SMU game was a wake up call. 

I actually agree with you. Not sure where its coming from, but its there.

Iowa State coming in with the Black and White. 

• Confused 1

51 minutes ago, $mooth said:

Iowa State coming in with the Black and White. 

we're screwed

1 hour ago, frogtwang said:

Purple/white/purple 

• Haha  (+1) 1

Looking forward to the game and a possible frog victory, though I think many of their fans are still expecting an easy win for ISU.

38 minutes ago, Frogfaninbedford said:

ESPN gives TCU only a 35 per cent chance to win....

Aren’t we gambling favorites?

1 hour ago, Frogfaninbedford said:

ESPN gives TCU only a 35 per cent chance to win....

GP loves being the underdog. I'm excited about winning this game now!

• Upvote (+1) 4

I feel good about these next two games.  Iowa St has issues running the ball on offense and we're pretty good at shutting down one-dimensional teams.  I think we go into Ames and do what we failed to do back in 2017.  I think Gary and Sonny have both had this game circled on the schedule for a while.  It will be close but the Frogs will win. 

As for K-State, they are a good team but their rush defense is one of the worst in the country.  They're 109th overall in run D and 127th in yds per rush at 5.99 ypc.  I think we beat them by two scores on the road. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, angelosfrog said:

I feel good about these next two games.  Iowa St has issues running the ball on offense and we're pretty good at shutting down one-dimensional teams.  I think we go into Ames and do what we failed to do back in 2017.  I think Gary and Sonny have both had this game circled on the schedule for a while.  It will be close but the Frogs will win. 

As for K-State, they are a good team but their rush defense is one of the worst in the country.  They're 109th overall in run D and 127th in yds per rush at 5.99 ypc.  I think we beat them by two scores on the road. 

I'm not confident at all in either of the next two weeks; which is why I think these games are pivotal for our season.  If we play like we did against Purdue and KU, I think we'll win.  But if we play like we did against APB and SMU, I think we'll lose.  If we fumble in our red zone multiple times, we'll lose.  It's all iffy and not necessarily dependent upon how talented we or our opponents are.

• Upvote (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Jared said:

I'm not confident at all in either of the next two weeks; which is why I think these games are pivotal for our season.  If we play like we did against Purdue and KU, I think we'll win.  But if we play like we did against APB and SMU, I think we'll lose.  If we fumble in our red zone multiple times, we'll lose.  It's all iffy and not necessarily dependent upon how talented we or our opponents are.

Have you been taking lessons in Ledge Living from our correspondent in Boston?

• Haha  (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Jared said:

Last year, I called my shot that we would win our last 3 games and go to a bowl.  I feel the same way about our next two.  SMU was a wake up call.  I think we play much better from here on out although I don't think we match up very well with UT, OU or OSU.  I also think Baylor is going to be tough.  We've beaten them 4 years in a row and I think they are going to play us with about the same intensity SMU did.  They don't want to make that 5 years in a row. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

ISU 7

TCU 3

Duggan gets pulled at half and we just run the ball with Delton, Jet, and Sewo from then out. We throw some bombs to Reagor late but he’s double covered.

Defense plays great though. Cumbie handles press conference solo. Message boards meltdown. 

• Haha  (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I am feeling good about Iowa St, but also K St, Tech and Baylor.  I think the team is starting to come together some.  There will still be some inconsistencies and some losses most likely, but not as bad as it appeared right after SMU.

GP changes shirts three times during the game, finally settling in a purple and pink Hawaiian print with Tevas, keeps undoing velcro. Duggan starts, goes 11-20 for 183 and 2 TD, Delton fills in going 6-10 for 100, 1 rushing TD, Frogs rush for a combined 223 and squeak by 27-13. GP post game rambles on about tornadoes and the number of purple shirts between the 40s, lets Kelsey finish with press. 

• Haha  (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2

TCU 24 ISU 16

We run the ball effectively and Duggan plays well enough to keep the defense honest.  The defense gives up some yards but holds the 'Clones to FGs. 

RN I think we are in the defenses will load the box and dare us to throw to win phase of QB development...

Lewis and Hights are back this week!

Five Keys: TCU @ Iowa State

Julius Lewis and Tre Hights are both going to return from injuries this game, and that will help on both sides of the ball. True freshman Kee’yon Stewart has been great in Lewis’ stead early this season, but he’s banged up now too. Getting Lewis back means the Frogs have both of their senior corners back on the field, a huge comfort to TCU fans and a stressor for the opposing offense.

Tre Hights had a huge first game of the season, but got banged up in week two and hasn’t played since. His size and speed provides another big target for Duggan to throw to, and he may find himself open if Iowa State focuses on locking up Reagor and...Pro Wells.

https://www.frogsowar.com/2019/10/4/20898618/five-keys-tcu-iowa-state?utm_campaign=frogsowar&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

• Like (+1) 1