Sign in to follow this  
PurpleDawg

2019 Coaching Carousel

The bloodbath continues.  Also out are Steve Addazio at Boston College and Chollie Strong at South Florida.

Conflicting reports as to the fate of USC head coach Clay Helton.

Arizona State offensive coordinator Rob Likens will not return next season.

Sun Devils coach Herm Edwards announced the decision on Sunday, a day after Arizona State beat rival Arizona 24-14.

Edwards said receivers coach Charlie Fisher and tight ends coach Donnie Yantis also will not be back.

https://sports.yahoo.com/arizona-state-offensive-coordinator-likens-won-t-return-201438031--ncaaf.html

45 minutes ago, Senor Ballistico said:

Ole Miss has fired Matt Luke

Never trust a head coach with two first names...

• Like (+1) 2

Rumor mill out of Hog Land hot with word of Lane Kiffin agreeing in principle to become the new coach at Arkansas.  Haven't seen anything official yet.

Oh...and they're saying that he'll be bringing in none other than Tape Fingers himself as OC...

1 hour ago, Lyle Lanley II said:

WHOA: Sounds like Chris Petersen is stepping down at Washington after the Huskies' bowl game...

Very surprising.

Washington’s Chris Petersen resigns, Jimmy Lake to take over

Washington coach Chris Petersen has unexpectedly stepped down after six seasons at the school, with defensive coordinator Jimmy Lake promoted to over the program....

The school said Petersen, 55, will transition into a ''leadership advisory role'' within the athletic department....

In a statement, Petersen says he'll be a ''Husky for life, but now is the right time for me to step away from my head coaching duties, and recharge.''

''It has been a privilege and a professional dream fulfilled to be part of this world-class institution,'' Petersen said. ''I will forever be grateful, honored and humbled to have had the opportunity to coach our fine young men on Montlake for these past six seasons. I thank each of them, as well as our coaches and administrative staff for the incredible commitment they've made to Husky football during my tenure.''

https://sports.yahoo.com/washington-chris-petersen-resigns-jimmy-lake-over-191105504--ncaaf.html?src=rss

On 12/2/2019 at 10:57 AM, Lyle Lanley II said:

WHOA: Sounds like Chris Petersen is stepping down at Washington after the Huskies' bowl game...

Good article:

“There’s no illness or ulterior motive to his retirement,” a person close to Petersen told Yahoo Sports on Monday. “He just needs to recharge.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/inside-chris-petersens-stunning-decision-to-step-down-at-washington-232925310.html?src=rss

• Thanks (+1) 1

More (and better) from Petersen himself.

Petersen, 55, teared up when talking about the commitment of his family to his coaching lifestyle and ultimately explained he no longer wanted his life to be dictated by the grind of being a college head coach.

"It becomes a lot of frustration and anxiety and stress. And some of the excitement and positivity and optimism can be pushed away, and that's never a way to lead your life," Petersen said.

Petersen said he doesn't know entirely what is next for him. He didn't rule out coaching again -- "I'm not falling for that trick question" -- but sounded more interested in philanthropy and leadership.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/28218850/washington-chris-petersen-says-anxiety-stress-led-decision-step-down

• Thanks (+1) 1

The Tampa Bay Times' Joey Knight has reported that former Florida State and USF coach Willie Taggart has been in contact with USF representatives about a return to be the Bulls coach.

This backs up a previous report by Knight that expressed Taggart had serious interest in taking the job back after leaving in 2016 to take the head coaching job at Oregon. Taggart was fired by Florida State in November after going 9-12 in two seasons.

https://247sports.com/college/south-florida/Article/report-willie-taggart-in-contact-with-usf-bulls-representatives-139776118/

• Like (+1) 1

The Scoop reports Jeff Tedford is stepping down at Fresno State due to health issues.

1 hour ago, PurpleDawg said:

I don't know if Ole Miss plays Tennessee next year, but if they do, that game just got a lot more interesting.  Especially if it is in Knoxville ...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Latest rumor out of Fayetteville has them lifting the interim tag from the guy who steered the ship the last few weeks this fall.