Sign in to follow this  
PurpleDawg

Way Too Early Smew Game Thread

There's actually signs of life over on the Hilltop and on the PonyBoard.  They're 2-0, Buechele is apparently a very good QB and this could be their best team since June Jones' early years.  They drew a decent (for them) crowd for UNT and the students are apparently into it for the first time in a long time.  If we can beat Purdue and they can handle Texas State, it'll be a battle of the unbeatens next week. 

54 minutes ago, Senor Ballistico said:

Purdue  scares the bejeebers out of me.  SMU won't be a cakewalk 

I suspect Purdue is a mediocre .500-ish Big 10 team.  If we cannot beat them, I will suspect that we are a mediocre .500-ish Big XII-II team. 

Maybe I'm off and Purdue is a legit contender for the B1G-West, but Purdue is nothing if not consistently average, at least since Tiller left.  We, OTOH, have bounced between mediocre and conference champion caliber year-to-year recently.  I think this game tells us what we are.

• Upvote (+1) 6

15 hours ago, Duquesne Frog said:

I suspect Purdue is a mediocre .500-ish Big 10 team.  If we cannot beat them, I will suspect that we are a mediocre .500-ish Big XII-II team. 

Maybe I'm off and Purdue is a legit contender for the B1G-West, but Purdue is nothing if not consistently average, at least since Tiller left.  We, OTOH, have bounced between mediocre and conference champion caliber year-to-year recently.  I think this game tells us what we are.

Gracias, necesitaba que

Thank you, I needed that

It's SMU Week!  Both teams are undefeated, TCU is in the Top 25, the Stangs have a legit QB and Cowtown will be buzzing for an old-fashioned rivalry for the Iron Skillet and Metroplex bragging rights.  This what college football is all about!  I can't wait! 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think SMU is probably better than Purdue with Purdue’s #2 QB but probably not a lot better.  We should control the line of scrimmage this week this week too.  TCU by 14+

• Upvote (+1) 1