frogtwang

GAMEDAY MOFOS!

Just now, Endless Purple said:

Finishing up some things at home, then I need to figure out which sports bar to watch the game at.

I can't watch because I'm camping on top of a (small) mountain on the Washington coast. I've got adequate cell service, though, so I can listen to the game. Life could be a lot worse. See y'all in chat! Go Frogs!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I'll be at work and will watch later tonight - no spoilers please!

59 minutes ago, PurpleDawg said:

I can't watch because I'm camping on top of a (small) mountain on the Washington coast. I've got adequate cell service, though, so I can listen to the game. Life could be a lot worse. See y'all in chat! Go Frogs!

Funny because I might be at Twin Peaks.  Most of the mountains there are small too.

• Haha  (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Senor Ballistico said:

Estoy haciendo reservas para este año Cheez-Int Bowl

I'm making reservations for this years Cheez-Int Bowl

Fixed it for you.

• Like (+1) 1

You guys can flame me, but I’m actually optimistic.

I REALLY like Duggan’s development game by game.  He reminds me of Andy Dalton (who had a horrendous freshman season.)

So we’re not making the playoffs or a New Years Six, but the future holds promise.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 4

Just now, Newbomb Turk said:

I REALLY like Duggan’s development game by game.  He reminds me of Andy Dalton (who had a horrendous freshman season.)

So we’re not making the playoffs or a New Years Six, but the future holds promise.

See. I thought he played horrible. Over threw guys left and right. Made horrible choices. We’ve got true freshman QBs all over the country playing much better. Color me not impressed. 

I am now officially in the fire Cumbie boat.  Get rid of him.  I heard Meachum is looking for work, or see if we can bring the OC from Army, and just not pass the rest of the year.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Newbomb Turk said:

So we’re not making the playoffs or a New Years Six any bowl,  but the future holds promise.

edited

17 minutes ago, Endless Purple said:

I am now officially in the fire Cumbie boat.  Get rid of him.  I heard Meachum is looking for work, or see if we can bring the OC from Army, and just not pass the rest of the year.

Cumbie didn’t call a great game. But execution was very poor 

My observations:

outplayed and out coached. No excuses. SMU is a legit good team. 

I was hoping to see Collins in the second half. He is our best passer. 

Duggan played like a freshman most of the game. He didn’t do progressions, just threw to the primary receiver whether the guy was open or not. In the 4th quarter he grew up some and did better. 

Fade to a 6-4 tight end, touchdown. Fade to a 5-9 wideout, incomplete. You’d think someone could figure that out. 

Half the “crowd” deserted at halftime. The AD may have to rethink this no in and out. 

Hights was wearing a boot. I didn’t see Scott at all, Washington and Reed played weak safety. Lewis dressed but didn’t play. I didn’t see Barkley. 

It’s not a conference game. 

Also:

Niang kept going to the training table to have his left leg massaged and stretched. It didn’t look like anything broken or torn but he eventually left the game with Myers coming in. 

• Like (+1) 1

Also:

The milkshake was good, although not on the happy hour half price menu. 

No matter how old I get, college girls stay the same age. 

Tha Fat Shack in the Grand Marc makes a good sandwich. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Endless Purple said:

I’m not sure he should be fired, but perhaps it’s time for GP to take more of a hand in the offense. Like yelling “rundadamble” a lot. 

La gente está llamando a TCU el "Michigan de los Big 12".  ¿No es una torcedura en la ingle?

People are calling TCU the "Michigan of the Big 12".  Ain't that a kick in the groin?

2 hours ago, Newbomb Turk said:

Depending on how we react, this game could make us Big 12 champions. Grow up, get focused and come to play every game. Take care of the ball. Call plays that fit your talent. 

17 minutes ago, Senor Ballistico said:

La gente está llamando a TCU el "Michigan de los Big 12".  ¿No es una torcedura en la ingle?

People are calling TCU the "Michigan of the Big 12".  Ain't that a kink in the groin?

The winningest program in history?

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Burner said:

I’m not sure he should be fired, but perhaps it’s time for GP to take more of a hand in the offense. Like yelling “rundadamble” a lot. 

I don't think this offense works with GP. It did for one year - the first, and that was with a freak of a QB and WR. Otherwise, it's just not working.

Oh yeah - no in and out sucks, period. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Rothbardian said:

We are a rifle school anyway...

And we don’t want that rusty ol skillet. 

• Like (+1) 1