Sign in to follow this  
Rothbardian

Week 1

56 minutes ago, Duquesne Frog said:

Georgia State is beating Tennessee in the 3rd quarter.  The Vols just cannot get things turned around ...

4:45 left, waiting for cleanup of two Vols in aisle 4 to kick the extra point, but Georgia State is leading 34-23.

And it is good, 35-23.

A pick gives GSU the ball back, and at 2 minutes and change, they kick a 52 yard field goal to extend the lead 38-23.

Pig suey is going to beat Portland State, but barely.  Have to imagine patience with Chad Morris is short ...

Los backers del noroeste acaban de recibir el último trabajo de manguera con ese fumble a la EZ con 15 segundos restantes en el juego

Northwestern backers just received the ultimate hose job with that fumble to the EZ with 15 secs left in the game

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Senor Ballistico said:

Los backers del noroeste acaban de recibir el último trabajo de manguera con ese fumble a la EZ con 15 segundos restantes en el juego

Northwestern backers just received the ultimate hose job with that fumble to the EZ with 15 secs left in the game

Si! It looked like that hit was the definition of targeting to me.

• Like (+1) 1

SEC loses to Memphis, Georgia State, North Carolina and Wyoming, but they mean more and play an extra non-conference game and all and are way better than your conference.

If this was the Pac-12, ESPN would be talking about breaking up the conference...

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 3

12 hours ago, PurpleDawg said:

@DirtyThirdFrog can tell you when he circles back through here in a little while. Or, @Endless Purple.

Was able to get to the game, plus have not had cable in years, so no idea on channels.  I just go to a sports bar for TCU games and let them figure it out.

• Thanks (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Rothbardian said:

SEC loses to Memphis, Georgia State, North Carolina and Wyoming, but they mean more and play an extra non-conference game and all and are way better than your conference.

If this was the Pac-12, ESPN would be talking about breaking up the conference...

And Vanderbilt lost as well (in addition to Tennessee, South Carolina, Mississippi and Missouri), although it was a conference game to Georgia.  So, 5 L's for the SECSECSEC, but that won't stop, much less alter, the propaganda.

• Like (+1) 2

I think ESPN is not feeling well...someone must have infiltrated their offices.

3. Does the SEC need to be worried about strength of schedule? There's no doubting the playoff power of Alabama and Georgia, and Auburn's win over Oregon was another boost for the SEC West -- and the league needed it. Tennessee certainly didn't help with its loss to 25-point underdog Georgia State. The separation between the SEC heavyweights and the rest of the league was evident on Saturday. Yes, Memphis is good, but Ole Miss should have been able to muster more than 10 points against the Tigers. South Carolina also squandered a lead and lost to North Carolina 24-20 in the return of Tar Heels coach Mack Brown. Wyoming beat Missouri 37-31.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/page/roadtochamp090119/early-college-football-playoff-questions-week-1

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha  (+1) 1

It looks like Notre Dame is going to beat Louisville - up 35-17 late.

On 9/1/2019 at 9:19 PM, frogtwang said:

OU is scary.

Llámame loco pero digo que los juguemos cerca.  OU-36 TCU- 29

Call me crazy but I say we play them close.  OU-36 TCU- 29

1 minute ago, Senor Ballistico said:

Llámame loco pero digo que los juguemos cerca.  OU-36 TCU- 29

Call me crazy but I say we play them close.  OU-36 TCU- 29

Their offense is a lot scarier than their defense. I hope you're right. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

What in God's name does he see that we all dont 🤨 ... Must not have watched our game 😂

He respects GP as a defensive savant. Probably thinks the offense has to be better than last year. More of a year-end projection versus where the team is right now.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

6 hours ago, TCaliU said:

What in God's name does he see that we all dont 🤨 ... Must not have watched our game 😂

16?  jajaja!

16?  hahaha!

• Haha  (+1) 1