Sign in to follow this  
angelosfrog

Way too Early Purdue Game Thread

4 hours ago, TCaliU said:

I mean there is a reason I am not on KF.com anymore...

4 hours ago, Boston Frog said:

So many reasons 

Saw this on the Shakespearean Insulter this morning and immediately thought of that place...

Peace, ye fat guts!

Taken from: Henry IV, part I

(Try it yourself, it's pretty fun. There's also the Lutheran Insulter.)

54 minutes ago, Rothbardian said:

Also, TCU and Purdue have the same number of Rose Bowl victories...

This is a very telling fact 

• Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Boston Frog said:

This is a very telling fact 

Not only that, but the fact that Purdue has only BEEN to 1 more Rose Bowl than TCU, as have Northwestern and Minnesota.  TCU has been to the same number of Rose Bowls as Indiana, Harvard, and Washington & Jefferson ...

• Upvote (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, TCaliU said:
Looks like a walk-on will be replacing him according to their Rivals site

I hate that for the kid.  He's their best defensive player.  That's going to hurt their defense big time.  The depth chart lists a walk-on transfer from Wake Forest with no experience as the back up.  If not the walk-on, then it's probably a guy who played sparingly last season and only has 2 tackles this year. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

6 hours ago, TCaliU said:
Looks like a walk-on will be replacing him according to their Rivals site

They run a 4-3, with as many 3 and 4 wide and even empty sets expected this weekend they could go with their nickel package more...of course we cold line up heavy and take advantage of inexperience at the position.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This has already been posted blah blah blah...

Wasn't sure if should go in the uniform thread or the game thread, so I posted it in both. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, frogtwang said:

Wasn't sure if should go in the uniform thread or the game thread, so I posted it in both. 

This should make for a good contrast with Purdue's home unis.

Interviews with the Enemy: A Q&A with Frogs O’ War

Let’s see what SB Nation’s Frogs O’ War has to say about Saturday night

By Travis Miller@JustTMill Sep 12, 2019, 9:05am EDT

T-Mill: Do you see a low scoring game on Saturday night or more of a shootout?

Melissa: I see this as a lower scoring affair - Moore is going to get in the end zone at least once, but I think the defense does it’s job for the most part and keeps this thing in the high teens, low 20s. Nothing I have seen gives me confident that the Frogs can match shot for shot in a shootout, so I am hopeful that the offense doesn’t turn it over, Jalen Reagor (TCU’s under-appreciated wideout) shows up big, and the run game gets rolling. We just haven’t seen a lot, so it’s hard to say what we have.

https://www.hammerandrails.com/2019/9/12/20862348/purdue-tcu-blogger-interview?utm_campaign=hammerandrails&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

• Like (+1) 1

“How the hell do you stop this guy?” A Q&A with Hammer & Rails

Take a deep dive into Purdue ahead of Saturday’s game, as we talk to people that know the program the best.

By Melissa B. Triebwasser@TheCoachMelissa Sep 12, 2019, 10:00am CDT

Our friends at the SB Nation Purdue site have had some fun with us this week, which is all well and good (even if it was neither accurate nor funny), but at the end of the day, these are two fan bases that don’t know much about each other on or off the field. With that in mind, we reached out to Travis Miller, site manager of Hammer and Rails to get to know the Boilermakers a little bit better ahead of the Frogs’ trip to West Lafayette this weekend.

https://www.frogsowar.com/2019/9/12/20860244/how-the-hell-do-you-stop-this-guy-a-q-a-with-hammer-rails?utm_campaign=frogsowar&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

• Like (+1) 1

Stats O’War: Purdue Advanced Stats Preview

TCU and Purdue have been historical bedfellows, in terms of team quality. Looking at historical program trends (thanks to collegefootballdata.com’s slick visualization tools), Purdue edged out TCU in SP+ for virtually the entire 20th century, only to see a recent steady shift in favor of TCU thanks to the hiring of one Gary Patterson.

Some struggles on offense and the aforementioned Brohm Renaissance have Purdue and TCU as basically equals last year, but since about 2008, TCU has far and away been the better program.

https://www.frogsowar.com/2019/9/12/20862407/statsowar-purdue-advanced-stats-preview?utm_campaign=frogsowar&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

4 hours ago, frogtwang said:

Completely unrelated to anything important, but I just have to say that every time I see your screen name, I don't read it as "Frog Twang". My mind always has it as "Frog T. Wang"

• Haha  (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, MercenaryLibrarian said:

Completely unrelated to anything important, but I just have to say that every time I see your screen name, I don't read it as "Frog Twang". My mind always has it as "Frog T. Wang"

0fc.gif

• Haha  (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, Newbomb Turk said:

Uh... We just met the officiating crew for the game.

cd33eb762f30f3e11c7982ef69057c88.jpg

😲

• Haha  (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Newbomb Turk said:

Uh... We just met the officiating crew for the game.

Go on...