Sign in to follow this  
angelosfrog

Way too Early Purdue Game Thread

21 minutes ago, Feeling Froggy said:

This last sentence makes me happy!

Agree, but the part about the QBs is concerning, although I trust him completely. Just seems like having two different guys at the position is inherently confusing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PurpleDawg said:

Agree, but the part about the QBs is concerning, although I trust him completely. Just seems like having two different guys at the position is inherently confusing.

And probably more so for opposing coaches to gameplan against, as well as make mid-game adjustments. As long as the line, backs, and receivers are in sync with both quarterbacks, I say roll on, and make the choice of which one to use mid-game.

The other upside I see is that it builds experienced depth at QB for when conference play comes around.

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PurpleDawg said:

I just hope one guy gets a really hot hand and we ride him the rest of the season.  Don't care who.  I just want one of them to make plays and win ballgames. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I am not really concerned with Purdue's offense. We should be able to "handle" them like other Big XII teams. My concern is that the offense is not ready to score like it needs to win a game like this.

6 hours ago, PurpleDawg said:

I think it's a bit odd...never really seen it work before and I'm hoping we phase it out as one emerges as the leader. I definitely think it's valuable in terms of getting a guy reps, but timing is so important in the passing game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, shenanigans said:

I think it's a bit odd...never really seen it work before and I'm hoping we phase it out as one emerges as the leader. I definitely think it's valuable in terms of getting a guy reps, but timing is so important in the passing game.

florida in 2006. Bama in recent years. It’s worked before. 

Shoot. Ohio state needed 3 in 2014. The more the better IMO

• Like (+1) 1

For a little light reading from Purdue fans reading KFF:

https://purdue.forums.rivals.com/threads/forum-killerfrogs-com.176095/

I was tempted to create an account to respond to this post but haven't yet:

"They were 7-6 last year with 2 of their wins coming against Southern and SMU. They seem to think they are being disrespected by us being initially favored at home, with some saying it would be an embarrassment to lose to us. Pretty arrogant..."

Reality is their best record in the past 10 years is …….. 7-6,  while the Frogs have had 6 11+ win seasons in that time frame.  While their best bowl win is over Arizona in the Foster Farms bowl and the Frogs have notched a Rose, Peach and 2 Alamos in that time.  Makes me wonder where the arrogance lies.

Anyone with an account can feel free to copy and paste me.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 3

I’m as nervous as the thanksgiving turkey about this game and I’m not sure why. If we play anywhere near as good as we can we should win pretty easily. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I read their forum the other day and was a little surprised. I figured a fanbase whose team is at best the 6th most popular in the state(UT, tech, a&m, Baylor, Houston) would be a little more humble.

Which team has the best W-L record over the last 10 years?

Parece que están muy seguros.    Desearía que nuestros fans se callaran y detuvieran la charla.

It sounds like they're very confident.    I wish our fans would just shut up and stop the smack talk

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Senor Ballistico said:

I read their forum the other day and was a little surprised. I figured a fanbase whose team is at best the 6th most popular in the state(UT, tech, a&m, Baylor, Houston) would be a little more humble.

Which team has the best W-L record over the last 10 years?

That is an interesting quote... We may very well be the 6th most "popular" behind those other schools simply because of our size... Popular and good have nothing to do with each other however.

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Endless Purple said:

For a little light reading from Purdue fans reading KFF:

https://purdue.forums.rivals.com/threads/forum-killerfrogs-com.176095/

I was tempted to create an account to respond to this post but haven't yet:

"They were 7-6 last year with 2 of their wins coming against Southern and SMU. They seem to think they are being disrespected by us being initially favored at home, with some saying it would be an embarrassment to lose to us. Pretty arrogant..."

Reality is their best record in the past 10 years is …….. 7-6,  while the Frogs have had 6 11+ win seasons in that time frame.  While their best bowl win is over Arizona in the Foster Farms bowl and the Frogs have notched a Rose, Peach and 2 Alamos in that time.  Makes me wonder where the arrogance lies.

Anyone with an account can feel free to copy and paste me.

I mean there is a reason I am not on KF.com anymore...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha  (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2

1 hour ago, DirtyThirdFrog said:

That is an interesting quote... We may very well be the 6th most "popular" behind those other schools simply because of our size... Popular and good have nothing to do with each other however.

I'd rather be 6th in Texas than 3rd in Indiana 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Haha  (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, TCaliU said:

I mean there is a reason I am not on KF.com anymore...

So many reasons 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Haha  (+1) 3

12 hours ago, shenanigans said:

I sense a smokescreen from GP. I think we'll see a lot more of Duggan than we do of Delton, although Delton might start. 

That "ode" wasn't really clever or insulting.  TCU is little (small) by design - we do it intentionally.  Aren't we the smallest P5 school?  And "popularity" isn't really the goal - winning football games is.  And it's just wrong about the supposed lack of culture or history - we're not Bama, but we've got a lot more history than Purdue does.  We've got more overall W's, MNC's, Conference championships, bowl appearances, bowl W's, Heisman W's, Top 10 AP finishes and weeks in the AP poll than they do.  They've got us on most consensus All-Americans, most NFL draft picks and most weeks at #1 in the AP poll. But they do own a 2-0 record against us.  And they do have a history with some great QB's.  There really isn't much of a TCU-Purdue rivalry and 1 game this year and another a decade from now isn't likely to generate much of a rivalry.  But there's nothing wrong with trying to generate one - kudos for the effort but it needs better execution.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Jared said:

That "ode" wasn't really clever or insulting.  TCU is little (small) by design - we do it intentionally.  Aren't we the smallest P5 school?  And "popularity" isn't really the goal - winning football games is.  And it's just wrong about the supposed lack of culture or history - we're not Bama, but we've got a lot more history than Purdue does.  We've got more overall W's, MNC's, Conference championships, bowl appearances, bowl W's, Heisman W's, Top 10 AP finishes and weeks in the AP poll than they do.  They've got us on most consensus All-Americans, most NFL draft picks and most weeks at #1 in the AP poll. But they do own a 2-0 record against us.  And they do have a history with some great QB's.  There really isn't much of a TCU-Purdue rivalry and 1 game this year and another a decade from now isn't likely to generate much of a rivalry.  But there's nothing wrong with trying to generate one - kudos for the effort but it needs better execution.

Also in reference to the Frogs o' War podcast (Ilistened to it this morning so it is on my brain), they (Jamie Plunkett and Melissa Triebwasser) brought up that there has been a lot of Purdue social media commentary that Moore will be the best receiver that we have ever seen.  They then listed off all the Big XII-II receivers that are now starting on Sunday in the NFL that we've seen and (for the most part) shut down over the last half decade or so.

51 minutes ago, PurpleDawg said:

7 sites in California and 6 in Texas.  Let that sink in.  Surprised there's not more than one site in Houston as spread out as it is.  Also surprised there's not a watch party in Chicago just because it's such a huge city. 

3 hours ago, Boston Frog said:

I'd rather be 6th in Texas than 3rd in Indiana 

Or first for that matter...

• Haha  (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1