Sign in to follow this  
angelosfrog

Way too Early Purdue Game Thread

Purdue’s QB doesn’t scare me too much.  We just need to get pressure on him and make sure wrap up on that big RB.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Purdue is playing Vandy tomorrow - it'll be a good chance to scout them again.  Coach P said on the Horned Frog Nation show that he's got his Saturday all planned out so that he can watch it.

3 hours ago, Jared said:

Purdue is playing Vandy tomorrow - it'll be a good chance to scout them again.  Coach P said on the Horned Frog Nation show that he's got his Saturday all planned out so that he can watch it.

It will be interesting to see how many yard Ke'Shawn Vaughn puts up on them.  He ran for over 1,200 yds last year at 8 ypc clip.  I think over 200 of that was against Baylor in the bowl game.  If we can get the run game rolling early, it will take a lot of pressure off the QB's. 

Vandy plays tough, should be good to get Purdue black and blue before the TCU game...

Purdue should be a good game.  I think the Frogs can win, and should win after seeing the first two weeks play out.  I question if Purdue is our hardest OOC game.  SMU took it to what was expected to be an upcoming North Texas team.  Not saying we will lose to them though.

6 minutes ago, Senor Ballistico said:

TCU + 2.5 @ Purdue.

That's not bad, right? Better than I thought we'd be.

4 minutes ago, PurpleDawg said:

That's not bad, right? Better than I thought we'd be.

Creo que nuestra incertidumbre en QB y juego sin inspiración vs UAPB es la razón por la que somos desvalidos.  Adiviné TCU-3 a -5.  

¡Me alegro de que seamos desvalidos, que juega naconsorsean en manos de GMFP!

I think our uncertainty on QB's and uninspired game vs UAPB is why we're underdogs.  I guessed TCU-3 to -5. 

Glad we're underdogs, that plays right into GMFP's hands!

• Upvote (+1) 1

The one hour condensed replay of the Purdue/Vandy game is on the Big 10 Network at 6 central time today.  I'm glad they had a good game on offense against Vandy.  That will make it easy for GP to get the team's attention.  It also might inspire Cumbie to open up the game plan. 

• Like (+1) 1

TCU and Purdue have played twice before and the Boilermakers own a 2-0 lead in the series.  The first game was the opener of the 1969 season and the 18th ranked Purdue squad were led by QB Mike Phipps, who ended up being a unanimous All-American selection.  He threw 4 TD passes in a 42-35 W. The next year was also the season opener in Indiana and the Frogs were shut out 15-0 in another bad start.  We need to reverse these horrific results with a W on Saturday - I was alive for these games but was only a little kid and have no memory of them, but they still rankle.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Purdue's QB has a concussion.  Judging from my experiences with concussions my kids got playing soccer and football, it would be unusual for someone to pass the concussion protocol and be able to play a week from the day the concussion is suffered.  I think I remember it happening with a Baylor player a few years back but it seems unlikely. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

WEST LAFAYETTE -  Purdue quarterback Elijah Sindelar suffered a concussion near the end of Saturday's win over Vanderbilt, coach Jeff Brohm said Monday. 

Sindelar was taken to the medical tent on the sideline after rushing for seven yards on a third-and-14 play on the Boilermakers' last series. 

"We'll monitor and see if he passes all the tests and goes through the proper protocol and hopefully get him back if he's ready to go," Brohm said during his weekly press conference.

Brohm said he's "very confident" if the offense turns to redshirt freshman backup quarterback Jack Plummer, who hasn't played in a game during his career. If Purdue had to run another series Saturday, Plummer would've been the quarterback.  

Sindelar wasn't the only player to suffer an injury. 

Offensive lineman Matt McCann left the game with an ankle injury in the first half and didn't return.  

"He's probably the one that we're the most concerned about and we're getting more tests done today that will give us a further grasp of where he's at but yes we have concerned about his availability," Brohm said. 

Before Sindelar's injury, he put together a career day. It earned the Kentucky native Big Ten Offensive Player of the Week honors. 

He threw for a career-high 509 yards and accounted for six touchdowns in the 42-24 victory over the Commodores. The nation's leader in passing yards completed 34 of 52 passes and tossed five touchdowns to four different receivers, including a pair to tight end Brycen Hopkins. 

Sindelar is the first Purdue quarterback with five or more touchdown passes and 500 yards in a game since Kyle Orton in 2004. Saturday was Sindelar's second straight game with 400 or more yards passing, becoming the first Boilermaker since Drew Brees in 1998 to that. 

His 1-yard sneak in the fourth quarter gave him six overall touchdowns. It's the program's first six-touchdown performance since Curtis Painter in 2007.

Notable items from Monday's press conference: 

► Defensive tackle Lorenzo Neal isn't likely to play, Brohm said. The senior is still recovering from offseason ACL surgery. 

► Running back Tario Fuller continues to recover from a fractured jaw suffered last month. Brohm called it a lengthy process. 

"I don't have a timetable on it, but it's not in the very near future," Brohm said.

https://www.jconline.com/story/sports/college/purdue/football/2019/09/09/purdue-quarterback-elijah-sindelar-named-big-ten-offensive-player-of-the-week/2262181001/

One of only two of their O-linemen with experience may be out too. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

3 hours ago, DirtyThirdFrog said:

Off topic- when do they announce the SMU game time?

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

With the loss on the Oline, I think the Frogs have a shot at a solid win., meaning 10 pts or more margin.  My goal for the game now is to see the defense hold them to 200-250 on offense (yards not points).

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, TCaliU said:

vegasinsider.com had Purdue open -1½ but some of the other bookies have us at -1

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/odds/las-vegas/

Por un breve momento Purdue fue -3.5 y en un abrir y cerrar de ojos fue a -2.5/-2.  TCU es ahora más o menos -2 y unos pocos -1.5 offshore

For a very brief moment Purdue was -3.5 and in a blink of an eye went to -2.5/-2.  TCU is now pretty much -2 and a few -1.5  offshore

3 hours ago, Frogfaninbedford said:

Gonna be a tough game...one that will leave most Frog fans with an unappealing taste in their mouths...win or lose....Don't sleep on Purdue....

Este juego me asusta, pero en GMFP confío.   Creo que vamos a ver un juego de baja puntuación TCU-26 Purdue-19

¡Bienvenido a bordo!

This game scares me but in GMFP I trust.   I think we'll see a low scoring game  TCU-26 Purdue-19

Welcome aboard!

If we can add McKinney, Myers, Barkley, Barber, Collins and Wallace to our UAPB lineup, I think we get a solid win. Biggest factor will be controlling the line of scrimmage. And stop fumbling.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Purdue's defense looks pretty weak to me.  I think we should be able to score at least 30 points against them.  The offense looked spectacular against Vandy but pretty pedestrian in the 2nd half (only 1 TD) against a Nevada defense that gave up 77 points to Oregon.  I think we hold them to 21 points and the final score is 31-21.  This is assuming of course that we were holding a lot back against UAPB and that there was a lack of focus in that game due to the quality of the opponent.  Assuming we come out and play like we're capable of playing, we should win by double digits. 

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1