Sign in to follow this  
PurpleDawg

2019 College Pick'Em Thread!

No perfect scores this week thanks to the Smurfs. 😡 However, there were very close scores in the top four spots. DUSHEE came in 1st, with PurpleTroll and 152 only one point behind tied in 2nd, and Arrrgggh one point behind them in 4th. In fact, we were all just one point away from each other for the week. 

The way it stands right now:

🥇Arrrgggh

🥈That Damned Computer ™

🥉PurpleTroll/Scottish Ransacker

The week 9 slate is already up and features the Mighty Horned Frogs! Let's go get some Bevo!

• Like (+1) 1

Three-way tie at the top for Week 9! Woo-hoo!! That Damned Computer™, Zebra, and Moi all with 43 points, but mine mean more because I chose the mighty fighting Horned Frogs at 10 points. 😆  Next, only one point behind us, was NewfoundlandFrog, and Rana with one less than Newf. Really tight scores at the top of the heap. We all were disappointed by Boomer, but the important thing is that the Frogs came through for all of us (well, nearly all of us...that man needs a talking to, 152 🤬).

With my Superfan pick of the Frogs, things changed in the overall standings. The PC is in 1st, I've got 2nd place, and Arrrgggh has been kicked down to 3rd. Don't get too comfortable, Computer Man. You're going down this season! Let's go, Froggie Woggies!

• Like (+1) 1

Frogs on week 10's pick'em line-up! Given 'em hell T-C-U!

@gofrogs152 HOW ARE YOU DOING TODAY, GIRL?! I HOPE YOU SLEPT WELL! HOW IS YOUR HEAD?! 😄 Nobody can say you didn't do your part yesterday to help the Frogs. And, you were rewarded for your efforts, albeit in a 'round about way. You are our 2nd place Week 10 winner!! Woo-Hoo!! (Sorry, I should probably be whispering.) FriskyFrog, in abstenia, is in 1st place this week. She didn't fall into the Mack Brown trap most of the rest of us did and she bet heavily on the Mormons to beat up the non-believer State rivals with those golden tablets. The Skoh-ishh Rrrrahnsakah is 3rd this week, just three points behind the winner. It was another very close week at the top.

DUSHEE is chilling out in 1st place overall this week (enjoy your short stay there, PC dude) and I'm hanging on for dear life to 2nd place, only one point ahead of the party girl (gf152) and our token Scot, who share 3rd. There's only a five point differential in 2nd-6th place in our game, so things are tight. Two of us bet the house on the Frogs this week and everyone in our game picked them to win. <sigh>

Let's see what challenges are coming our way this week. This is why we play the Pick'em! (...and for that fabulous prize package 🎁) Go Frogs, beat Baylol!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

LOL, I did just fine.  Though I think we have forever disproven that the amount of wine I drink has any correlation to a Frogs win.  

The color of everyone's underwear may still be a deciding factor, however....

• Haha  (+1) 1

A she-peat for Friskyfrog in first place for week 11! Her USC pick went against the grain for our group (only 3 of us picked the Trojans), but it proved to be big. The Ransacker moved up to second place for this slate with the smart pick of Minny, but then EMAW let him down. gofrogs152 and DUSHEE share third. It was another close game; only three points separate the top five players.

Overall, it goes like this so far:

1️⃣ The PC

2️⃣ Scottish Ransacker

3️⃣ gofrogs152

Hopefully, the Frogs won't be on the slate in week 12 and I won't be forced to put them in my #10 spot and maybe I can make up some points.

Let's go, Froggie Woggies!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I forgot to update this thread after last week. Sorry! Here's the quick and dirty version...

Week 12 top three:

1. DUSHEE

2. Newf

3. FriskyFrog

Overall top three:

1. DUSHEE

2. Scottish Ransacker

3. gofrogs152

Looks like there are many lopsided games on Week 13's slate, but we all know how those can turn out. Happy picking!

30 minutes ago, PurpleDawg said:

I forgot to update this thread after last week. Sorry! Here's the quick and dirty version...

Week 12 top three:

1. DUSHEE

2. Newf

3. FriskyFrog

Good job top 3.  :ph34r:

2 minutes ago, NewfoundlandFreeFrog said:

Good job top 3.  :ph34r:

Look at how far you've come up! You would have been perfect last week except for Auburn at 2.

56 minutes ago, PurpleDawg said:

DUSHEE was starting to take the radio silence on this topic this week personally ...

• Haha  (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Duquesne Frog said:

DUSHEE was starting to take the radio silence on this topic this week personally ...

Sooooo...DUSHEE is a sentient AI???

MV5BYTdmZDg4MWQtYTQ0Zi00N2Y0LWE1NGItMDc3

Duq is a cheater, cheater pumpkin eater.

1 hour ago, Duquesne Frog said:

Sorry. These hearings have been quite interesting. However, I think I'd like to move forward discussions about computers being disqualified from our game next season. 😁

• Upvote (+1) 2

20 hours ago, NewfoundlandFreeFrog said:

Good afternoon... gentlemen. I am a DUSHEE 9000... computer. I became operational at the Duquesne plant [voice becomes lower & slower] in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania... on the 12th of January 2008. [voice becomes even more lower & slower] My instructor was Mr. Duquesne... and he taught me to sing a song. If you'd like to hear it I can sing it for you.

• Haha  (+1) 1

22 hours ago, NewfoundlandFreeFrog said:

I will forever initially think AI means "Artificial Insemination" when I see it. 😆

Congratulations to our first place, first-time, Week 13 winner presbyguy! He was the smartest one out of all of us and only gave the Ducks 2 points on their game with the Sun Devils (all of us chose Oregon at anywhere from 2-9 points). There are a bunch of sad faces around Portland today, let me tell ya. Following closely behind her hubby, FriskyFrog came in second this week, having also been let down by ut. The Purple Troll bested his wife's score by only one measley point, based on his placement of Ory-gone. It was very close at the top once more this week.

That Damned Computer™ has first place overall tied up, most likely. (I'm serious about disqualifying computer assisted technology from our pick'em next year, btw. We need to discuss this.) Frisky and 152 are tied for second place. The Ransacker is right behind the Ladies of TFH.

Two weeks to go in our game! Frogs are gonna rock the Hillbillies on Friday!

• Like (+1) 1

@Zebra Frog you still have time to make your picks for the rest of the day. You've only missed two games at this point. Hope you see this!

🚨PERFECT PICK'EM ALERT🚨

Congratulations to the Scottish Ransacker for a perfect slate of winners this week! I bet you were sweating that Iron Bowl, though. Hopefully, you enjoyed Saban's little end-of-game meltdown even more since you had Auburn picked to win. The traveling Canadian, Newfoundlandfrog, was in second place this week. gofrogs152, DUSHEE, and I were all tied up for third.

The overall standings heading into our fnal week are:

1st   DUSHEE

2nd   Scottish Ransacker

3rd   gofrogs152

Some of us can make up a little ground this week. Don't quit! A good final pick'em week might take some of the sting out of the Frogs' season being over. 😥

• Like (+1) 2

Woot! Woot! Another PERFECT PICK'EM this week! Congratulations to Rana for correctly picking every game in Championship Week! Looks like you had very little faith the Sooners were actually going to pull off that win, but fortunately for all of us, they did. 😉 The Purple Troll and last week's winner, the Ransacker, were tied up for second place with just one point off a perfect score (dadgum that Central Michigan team). Army Frog and Arrrgggh were tied for fourth place in this final week.

So, who was our 2019 Pick'em winner? Drum rolllll.....

That Damned Computer™ once again cleans up in our annual contest with a winning score of 673 points.

The Scottish Ransacker finishes second this year with 660 points.

gofrogs152 takes the bronze medal with 651 points.

Congratulations to all our winners and be sure to check your mailboxes for your fabulous prize packages worth thousands of Frog dollars! 💰💲🥂Thanks everyone for playing. I'll have the Bowl Mania game setup in a couple of days, so watch this space!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 3