Sign in to follow this  
Jared

AP Poll

20 hours ago, Rothbardian said:

I cool with it. They might run the table which will make the loss look less bad...better than our wins RN.

Hope not, because they would be an undefeated team that would have beaten a 12-1 Big 12 champ.  A perfect excuse to put them in the CFI over us, or as an excuse to leave us both out for a third SEC team.

They need to finish with 2 losses.

13 hours ago, Jared said:

TCU didn't even receive 1 vote in the AP.  Here are the new rankings:

1. Alabama

2. Clemson

3. Georgia

4. Ohio State

5. LSU

6. Oklahoma

7. Auburn

8. Wisconsin

9. Notre Dame

10. Florida

11. Texas

12. Penn State

13. Oregon

14. Iowa

16. Washington

17. Boise State

18. UCF

19. Michigan

20. Arizona State

21. Oklahoma State

22. Wake Forest

23. Virginia

24. SMU

25. Michigan State

25 (tie) A&M

It seems weird that so many teams with 1 loss (Texas?!) get a pass and that 1 team with 2 losses (A&M?!) does too.

Quick look up.  All the one loss teams lost to a team ranked higher than SMU except 3.  Their losses were to USC, Pitt and Cal.  I did not check team receiving votes, our loss is probably to a team better than many of those.

As much as it pains me. We need to root for SMU for the rest of the year... I've never hated them as much as Baylor though, so its not too bad for me.

Baylor OTH, they could be 8-0 when they face us. Doubtful as they have to go to Manhattan and Stillwater... but still. Then they play us, OU, and UT in back to back to back weeks. yikes.

We should be back to getting some votes if we beat ISU. And if we can rattle off wins @ISU and @KSU, with enough attrition we should be back in the Top 25 by the time we're playing Texas.

Now, do I think that's going to happen? No.

• Upvote (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Vlade Divac said:

We should be back to getting some votes if we beat ISU. And if we can rattle off wins @ISU and @KSU, with enough attrition we should be back in the Top 25 by the time we're playing Texas.

tenor.gif

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Vlade Divac said:

Oh yeah, we're beating both of the grain state u's.  Without a doubt. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

19 hours ago, Vlade Divac said:

Even if SMU proves to be a worthy team at 10-2 or better, that loss to the Mustangs will keep TCU out of the top ten, and maybe even the top fifteen, for the season....In a weird way, that's how much respect the Frogs truly enjoy by the voters...severe punishment for losing to a traditionally non-worthy team....

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Frogfaninbedford said:

Even if SMU proves to be a worthy team at 10-2 or better, that loss to the Mustangs will keep TCU out of the top ten, and maybe even the top fifteen, for the season....In a weird way, that's how much respect the Frogs truly enjoy by the voters...severe punishment for losing to a traditionally non-worthy team....

If we go 12-1 with a big 12 championship. I guarantee we’d be in the top 10

• Upvote (+1) 2

No votes in the Coaches Poll - SMU 22nd; Baylor 23rd.

On 10/3/2019 at 10:40 AM, DirtyThirdFrog said:

If we go 12-1 with a big 12 championship. I guarantee we’d be in the top 10

Okay... 11-2? Lol

• Haha  (+1) 4

3 hours ago, DirtyThirdFrog said:

Okay... 11-2? Lol

Uh, I'm not very optimistic about going 11-2 with no real passing game and a porous defense and a tendency to fumble in our red zone.  I think we're going to struggle to get bowl eligible.  Sadly...

7 hours ago, Jared said:

Uh, I'm not very optimistic about going 11-2 with no real passing game and a porous defense and a tendency to fumble in our red zone.  I think we're going to struggle to get bowl eligible.  Sadly...

Yeah. It was tongue in cheek. 

Maybe blacklock and reagor stay? Worked out for Banagou and Collier 

13 hours ago, DirtyThirdFrog said:

Yeah. It was tongue in cheek. 

Maybe blacklock and reagor stay? Worked out for Banagou and Collier 

Would you rather have...

1. Reagor to put us on his back and get us to 7-5 and a Texas Bowl berth, thus re-bolstering his draft stock so he can go pro.

2. Things to continue as is, possibly miss a bowl, but get Reagor back next year to work under a new OC and Sophomore Duggan.

Long term, Reagor making an impact in the NFL causing recruits to look at TCU as an option even if that means no 2020. Short term, get me a team that can compete for the conference championship.

On 10/9/2019 at 12:16 PM, Vlade Divac said:

Would you rather have...

1. Reagor to put us on his back and get us to 7-5 and a Texas Bowl berth, thus re-bolstering his draft stock so he can go pro.

2. Things to continue as is, possibly miss a bowl, but get Reagor back next year to work under a new OC and Sophomore Duggan.

Remember the dismal 2013 season and we did not become bowl eligible.  GMFP said that gave him the time to institute a new offense, and we know what happened in 2014.  

Purple glasses securely affixed to head....

On 10/9/2019 at 11:16 AM, Vlade Divac said:

Would you rather have...

Idk. My favorite college football team sucks. My NFL team is 0-5 with a horrible OLine and about to run Dalton out of town. My baseball team had its 5th straight losing season. My NBA teams GM has basically started an International trade war because of one silly tweet. 

Thankfully my Fantasy team is 3-2 and trending up...

• Like (+1) 1

We all feel your pain, sweet baby. 

• Haha  (+1) 1

Major changes in this week's poll - needless to say, no votes for TCU.

1. Alabama

2. LSU

3. Clemson

4. Ohio State

5. Oklahoma

6. Wisconsin

7. Penn State

8. Notre Dame (above Georgia??)

9. Florida

10. Georgia

11. Auburn

12. Oregon

13. Utah

14. Boise State (in past years, they'd be higher)

15. Texas (with 2 losses?)

16. Michigan

17. Arizona State

18. Baylor

19. SMU

20. Minnesota 

21. Cincinnati

22. Missouri

23. Iowa

24. Appalachian State (??)
25. Washington

A&M finally out; Tulane at 26.