Sign in to follow this  
Burner

Earn the chip: Official 2019 Football Thread

5 hours ago, Lyle Lanley II said:

Daniels, Bunce, Burnette...who's the fourth?

Brandon Bowen … yet again.

Posted by the Purple Menace folks.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Burner said:

Posted by the Purple Menace folks.

Man that audio is horrible. I couldn’t hear much other than Delton has played a lot of football in his life. 

1 minute ago, DirtyThirdFrog said:

Man that audio is horrible. I couldn’t hear much other than Delton has played a lot of football in his life. 

Biggest take away for me:

"We're throwing the deep ball better than we probably have since '14. That's a good thing. And we can do it because of the speed factor of all of it."

• Upvote (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Feeling Froggy said:

Biggest take away for me:

"We're throwing the deep ball better than we probably have since '14. That's a good thing. And we can do it because of the speed factor of all of it."

I still got my money on Rogers ;)

• Upvote (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Burner said:

Brandon Bowen … yet again.

Maybe I'm splitting hairs, since I know he's hurt and out a while - but I hadn't heard that he's done for the year.  I was holding out hope we might be able to get him back later in the season - but perhaps I'd missed some new info?

12 hours ago, Jared said:

Do you mean taking the "C" out of TCU by offering beer?!!  Goodness Gracious!

I think you have Baylor rubbing off on you for lack of reality.  The beer used to come from the religious monastaries of the church.  He is putting the C back in.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha  (+1) 1

Double Post

Site is being difficult and not replying for two minutes.  That's what I get for letting windows upgrade my computer.

I've been wondering about some guys who were talked up at this time last year about whom I have read nothing this summer.

Michael Onyemaobi

Tevailance Hunt

Atanza Vongor

Ben Wilson

Wes Harris

9 hours ago, Endless Purple said:

Double Post

Site is being difficult and not replying for two minutes.  That's what I get for letting windows upgrade my computer.

+4

1 hour ago, Burner said:

I've been wondering about some guys who were talked up at this time last year about whom I have read nothing this summer.

Michael Onyemaobi

Tevailance Hunt

Atanza Vongor

Ben Wilson

Wes Harris

Not sure about all of them, but I believe Ben Wilson is dealing with some kind of injury right now and I'd heard that Onyemaobi's injury from last year was fairly serious and would require some pretty intense/long rehab.

• Thanks (+1) 2

12 hours ago, Endless Purple said:

I think you have Baylor rubbing off on you for lack of reality.  The beer used to come from the religious monastaries of the church.  He is putting the C back in.

Damn Straight! Beer from the Monks, Wine from Jesus. It's the liquor that's sinful...and dancing.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

From the latest reports in the FWST, Patterson says we have incredible speed at WR and we're hitting long completions in practice like we did in 2014.  Reagor, Barkley, Barber, D. Davis, and Hights all have the ability to take it to the house.  I think that's something that has been seriously lacking the past few seasons.  Reagor and Turp were great but Turp had a tendency to get hurt and then he screwed up and got himself kicked off the team. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, angelosfrog said:

From the latest reports in the FWST, Patterson says we have incredible speed at WR and we're hitting long completions in practice like we did in 2014.  Reagor, Barkley, Barber, D. Davis, and Hights all have the ability to take it to the house.  I think that's something that has been seriously lacking the past few seasons.  Reagor and Turp were great but Turp had a tendency to get hurt and then he screwed up and got himself kicked off the team. 

And I think Stewart and Austin had naked pictures of the entire coaching staff or something. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DirtyThirdFrog said:

And I think Stewart and Austin had naked pictures of the entire coaching staff or something. 

Neither one of them could get separation.  5'6" Des White was a better deep threat.  I've got high hopes for Barkley.  He's got serious wheels (11.87 100M and a 22.45 200M).  The word was he was inconsistent in the spring but GP has said good things about him twice in the last 2 weeks so he must be much improved.  Put him on one side and Reagor on the other and the corner on Barkley is going to get zero safety help, especially with a threat to run at QB. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

According to the FWST (LINK), TCU is expected to file a "reconsideration request" by tomorrow on Baldwin's eligibility - the first step in the appeals process.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DirtyThirdFrog said:

😱

32 minutes ago, PurpleDawg said:

😱

Both were good frogs and seemed like all around solid dudes, but they didn't do much on the field during their 4 years here. I couldn't figure out why they kept getting so many meaningful snaps last year. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

If you wonder why a receiver keeps playing without catching a lot of passes, it's usually a good idea to watch him block.

• Upvote (+1) 3

55 minutes ago, Burner said:

If you wonder why a receiver keeps playing without catching a lot of passes, it's usually a good idea to watch him block.

But he’s not called a wide blocker...

16 hours ago, Burner said:

Austin was a great blocker.  He made some difficult catches too.  He just couldn't get open.  I had high hopes for him and Jarrison Stewart when they were freshmen but they never really burst out.