Sign in to follow this  
Burner

Earn the chip: Official 2019 Football Thread

46 minutes ago, angelosfrog said:

Good article... I think BJ was the most talented of the group to be completely honest. Hicks and Green had awesome careers for us, but BJ, man I think he was an NFL talent. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Zebra Frog said:

I know there are those that won't like what I say, but TCU should have dropped the in and out policy a long time ago.  And having beer at the game will mean nothing to me.  I get to go to so few games (only the first one this year), that I could care less about socializing.  I go to watch/support my TCU Frogs play in person and could care less about anything else that most people like to do.  I want to get in my seat early,, watch the teams warm up, at halftime go to the restroom and grab a soft drink or water along with a hot dog, popcorn, pretzel, etc., and get back in my seat prior to the KO.  Why spend as much money as I do to retain my season tickets and then stand around in the parking lot when there is a game being played?  

I'm with you 100% my Frog Brother!   I don't drink anyway so the beer sales doesn't matter to me.  If the beer sales help to keep butts in the seats then by all means, sell beer!  TCU fans have this social cocktail party thing.   So many fans go to the games to be seen.   I understand it because I was a partying fool at one time in my life but even then, when I went to the games, I stayed until the end, win, lose or draw.  I sat to the end of a lot of brutal games in the 70's.  The Texas game in the snow comes to mind when we lost by about 60 at home.  Well, enough of that.  I am going to my first TCU football home  game this year since the 1994 Texas game.  My wife and I will be sitting in one of those fancy schmancy boxes!  

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, Senor Ballistico said:

I'm with you 100% my Frog Brother!   I don't drink anyway so the beer sales doesn't matter to me.  If the beer sales help to keep butts in the seats then by all means, sell beer!  TCU fans have this social cocktail party thing.   So many fans go to the games to be seen.   I understand it because I was a partying fool at one time in my life but even then, when I went to the games, I stayed until the end, win, lose or draw.  I sat to the end of a lot of brutal games in the 70's.  The Texas game in the snow comes to mind when we lost by about 60 at home.  Well, enough of that.  I am going to my first TCU football home  game this year since the 1994 Texas game.  My wife and I will be sitting in one of those fancy schmancy boxes!  

Wait, what!?!?! Aren't you local?

12 minutes ago, DirtyThirdFrog said:

Wait, what!?!?! Aren't you local?

Yes I am a local guy.  I am (was) a big man, I don't like to be crowded.   I always sat in the end zone because the seats didn't have arm rests.    Since I am now handicapped, I renewed  my season tickets for TCU basketball because I can sit in the handicap chairs.  I had BB season tickets last year and my ass wouldn't fit in the seats so they exchanged them for handicap seats (no charge).  This year I am actually handicapped.  When I renewed my seats I had to make a $100 donation per seat for my handicap seats.  Worth EVERY cent too!

19 minutes ago, Senor Ballistico said:

I had to make a $100 donation per seat for my handicap seats. 

This would be against the Americans with Disabilities Act, as in, it discriminates against those with a disability. They are not allowed to charge more for those seats, so I suppose they get away with it by calling it a "donation". That's pretty underhanded on TCU's part if I'm understanding you correctly.

• Upvote (+1) 4

If we ever want to be a big time program, we need butts in the seats at the 2nd half kick offs. One of the most important things to recruits is the in game atmosphere and our kind of sucks the majority of the time.  If you don't think it chaps GP's ass to look up at the 2nd half kick and see a half empty stadium, you're sadly mistaken because he knows how that looks to recruits and the effect it has on the players for that matter. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

7 hours ago, angelosfrog said:

If we ever want to be a big time program, we need butts in the seats at the 2nd half kick offs. One of the most important things to recruits is the in game atmosphere and our kind of sucks the majority of the time.  If you don't think it chaps GP's ass to look up at the 2nd half kick and see a half empty stadium, you're sadly mistaken because he knows how that looks to recruits and the effect it has on the players for that matter. 

X100

Who needs a tailgate?  $2 off beer before the game and 1/2 off some of the food!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, angelosfrog said:

Who needs a tailgate?  $2 off beer before the game and 1/2 off some of the food!

Wow! Love this one too! Keep em coming ADJD

1 hour ago, angelosfrog said:

37jsmb.jpg

BYOT?
Bring Your Own Tacos?

• Haha  (+1) 1

Kenny Hill now listed on the roster as a graduate assistant.

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Burner said:

Kenny Hill now listed on the roster as a graduate assistant.

What was he last year?

2 hours ago, PurpleDawg said:

What was he last year?

I think the same. You can be a GA for 2 years. 

Jason Phillips was too before he got promoted to LB coach. 

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I could absolutely be wrong, but I think Kenny was a student assistant (not a GA) last year while he finished his undergraduate degree.

• Thanks (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 3

10 hours ago, Lyle Lanley II said:

I could absolutely be wrong, but I think Kenny was a student assistant (not a GA) last year while he finished his undergraduate degree.

Correct.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Someone sent me a screenshot yesterday from Noah Daniels' Instagram story.  Sounds like he may be hurt and out for the year. 

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley II said:

Someone sent me a screenshot yesterday from Noah Daniels' Instagram story.  Sounds like he may be hurt and out for the year. 

Yep.  He's done for the year.  :( 

What was a position of strength is now thin.  We shoulda signed Texada's little brother who starts for Baylor. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Someone please tell me this isn't the movie Groundhog Day!

• Upvote (+1) 3

On the one hand, we haven't lost any starters yet. On the other hand, four players out for the year before they even put on  pads really sucks.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote (+1) 3

I really like some of what Donati is doing.  The no in and out for the games is a big plus I think.  Though people around me will not like it, as they generally get back about mid 3rd quarter.

Also got my Frog guide in the mail and noticed the food map.  Seems like there are fewer regular concession stands and more specialty stands.  The concession stand behind me does not list concessions but railhead BBQ.  The coffee and biscuits place sounds cool.  Don't know if that was there last year or not.  If it was I missed it.

• Thanks (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Burner said:

four players out for the year before they even put on  pads

Daniels, Bunce, Burnette...who's the fourth?

15 hours ago, Endless Purple said:

I really like some of what Donati is doing. 

Do you mean taking the "C" out of TCU by offering beer?!!  Goodness Gracious!

• Haha  (+1) 1