Sign in to follow this  
Burner

Earn the chip: Official 2019 Football Thread

At his press conference yesterday, Coach Patterson said the team motto this year is "earn the chip." He said he would show the team videos of some outstanding plays by former Frogs who earned their status, but that the new kids may not know about. It got me thinking of what I would show them. Here's my list of favorite Frog plays since joining the Big 12. What would you add?

1.   1.    Aaron Green’s “Immaculate Reception” of a tipped pass to beat Tech in 2015.

2.     2.  Jalon Reagor’s spinning, dodging 65-yard catch and run against Baylor last year

3.      3.  Kavontae Turpin’s 64-yard kickoff return against Arkansas in 2016. He’s hit, everyone thinks he’s down, but whoops!, the hand is down the knee stays up, breaks out of there and takes it into Arkansas territory.

4.      4. (tie) Josh Boyce’s 94-yard catch and run to tie West Virginia in 2012, AND Jason Verrett blocking WVU’s overtime field goal in that game to force a second OT, which TCU won.

5.      5. Jeff Gladney lifting the ball from the hands of a Tech receiver and returning for a TD against Tech in 2017.

6.      6.  Denzel Johnson knocking down the last pass in the triple-overtime Alamo Bowl win over Oregon in 2015.

7.      7. Ty Summers stuffing a Baylor runner into the mud on 4th-and-one in overtime in 2015.

8.     8.  (tie) Darius Anderson’s 93-yard TD run against Ohio State last year, AND Anderson’s 70-yard TD run against Texas in 2016.

9.     9.  Turpin’s 86-yard TD reception against Oklahoma in 2015.

110.   Cam Luper’s 69-yard punt return to beat Kansas in 2014.

This one because, well, Doctson does what he does:

Image result for doctson gif

This one because I still cannot fathom why no one but Reagor jumps:

Image result for reagor smu gif

• Like (+1) 2

These two plays have to go on the list.  In my mind, going to Boise and breaking their home win streak was a program defining game.  Not as big as the Rose Bowl or the Sun Bowl but top 5 for sure and maybe top 3.

• Like (+1) 2

I was there ☝️ and it was incredible!!

• Upvote (+1) 1

@Burner Thanks for starting our official new season thread! Go Frogs!

2 hours ago, shenanigans said:

98 Sun Bowl

Yeah, the whole game.  But I really like Basil Mitchell's TD run against Liz Claiborne, Liverlips' opening kickoff tackle and London Dunlap's safety sack as the best plays in it.  I'd also nominate Boise State's missed FG against Nevada which clinched the Rose Bowl even though, technically, we had to still beat UNM the next day. 

Here's a question for the board that I didn't know where to post so this is as good a thread as any.  Can Baylor wear these hideous yellow unis as their light road uniform when they come to play us in Fort Worth?

D4C54pCXsAAlaIH.jpg?format=1500w

IMG_5453.jpg?format=1500w

4th down stop against OU in 2014

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, angelosfrog said:

Here's a question for the board that I didn't know where to post so this is as good a thread as any.  Can Baylor wear these hideous yellow unis as their light road uniform when they come to play us in Fort Worth?

I feel dirty saying it. But I kinda like them. But then again. Growing up, the Oakland A’s were my favorite uniforms 

Also. Since this is the official thread-

if you listen to GPs quotes yesterday, there is NO telling who the QB will be. I’m still in camp Rogers. 

What account did that tweet come from, @Rothbardian? I thought maybe I could find it and post it from my phone so it's legible. I hate the Twitter update!

• Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, angelosfrog said:

Oregon's been rocking that look for a few years. 🤮 

@Vlade Divac it's time for the annual uni thread!

1 hour ago, PurpleDawg said:

I thought maybe I could find it and post it from my phone so it's legible.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

For Firefox (on computer), it seems to work every time for me when right clicking on the time stamp:

znN8JZr.jpg

And then go down to "Copy Link Location":

UVcKHb4.jpg

Then just paste the link directly into the post window.

• Like (+1) 1

@Feeling Froggy have you got the Twitter upgrade yet? I can't tell from your screen shots, but your example doesn't work for me when I try it on my Firefox.

2 minutes ago, PurpleDawg said:

@Feeling Froggy have you got the Twitter upgrade yet? I can't tell from your screen shots, but your example doesn't work for me when I try it on my Firefox.

I don't know. Looks the same as it has always looked (after doing my own CSS tweaking and element eliminating), and severely restricted and with only half of the Twitter garbage running scripts on it. I intentionally forgot the account password to the profile I made years ago and never used.

• Upvote (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Feeling Froggy said:

I don't know. Looks the same as it has always looked (after doing my own CSS tweaking and element eliminating), and severely restricted and with only half of the Twitter garbage running scripts on it. I intentionally forgot the account password to the profile I made years ago and never used.

lol. I don't think you've got the update. They must be rolling it out slowly to everyone. I've tried your fix a few times and it won't work, but thanks for the effort!

• Upvote (+1) 2

Baldwin now on the roster, along with kicker Griffin Kell from Arllington. Senior tight end Christin Williams removed.

• Like (+1) 1

Seems like those urine yellow unis would be better suited for their home games...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha  (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

10 hours ago, frogtwang said:

Seems like those urine yellow unis would be better suited for their home games...

Drug test uniforms?

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Rothbardian said:

Drug test uniforms?

Because mclane looks like a toilet...

• Haha  (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Robinson's waiver to play at Missouri denied. Important to us because he was alleging mistreatment at TCU. Must not have had real credible evidence.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 1