Sign in to follow this  
Zebra Frog

You Make The Call - 2019

13 hours ago, Zebra Frog said:

Question #2

During a down B55's helmet domes off without a helmet foul by Team A.  B55 immediately picks up his helmet, puts it on and continues to chase the ball carrier.  

True or False

This is not a personal foul by B55 for continuing to participate in the play after losing his helmet.

I think the foul is for playing without a helmet, so I'm saying True. Which means the correct answer is False.

• Haha  (+1) 2

On 7/11/2019 at 7:23 PM, Zebra Frog said:

Question #2

During a down B55's helmet comes off without a helmet foul by Team A.  B55 immediately picks up his helmet, puts it on and continues to chase the ball carrier.  

True or False

This is not a personal foul by B55 for continuing to participate in the play after losing his helmet.

False.  Once his helmet comes off, even if he puts it back on if he continues to participate in the play he has committed a Personal Foul.  Exception:  if it came off due to a foul by a Team A player (facemask, illegal hands to the face, etc.)

• Thanks (+1) 1

Question #3

A12 takes the snap and retreats to pass.  Defensive end B95 gets past tackle A75 and is about to tackle A12 who is still inside the tackle box.  A75 pushes B95 in the back to prevent him from making the tackle.  A12 throws a pass for a touchdown.

True or False

No touchdown.  Ten yard penalty from the previous spot for an illegal block in the back by A75.

Since to block occurred in the tackle box, I'm going with false. If the block was outside the tackle box my guess would be true. 

In honor of Ross Perot, I’m flipping and sticking with my original answer.  

Since the block was in the tackle box, the touchdown counts, no penalty. 

17 hours ago, Zebra Frog said:

Question #3

A12 takes the snap and retreats to pass.  Defensive end B95 gets past tackle A75 and is about to tackle A12 who is still inside the tackle box.  A75 pushes B95 in the back to prevent him from making the tackle.  A12 throws a pass for a touchdown.

True or False

No touchdown.  Ten yard penalty from the previous spot for an illegal block in the back by A75.

Image result for "not true" gif

19 hours ago, Zebra Frog said:

Question #3

True or False

I feel like this should be true.  But either 10 yards from previous spot, or spot of the illegal block, whichever is further back.

On 7/16/2019 at 6:31 PM, Zebra Frog said:

Question #3

True or False

Answer #3

False  As long as the QB is inside the tackle box, this isn't considered a block in the back.  Touchdown stands.

• Thanks (+1) 2

Question #4

Ffirst and 10 on the A-20.  Runner A22 fumbles when hit.  B45 jumps on the loose ball at the A-25 and possesses it on the ground, but A22 knocks the ball out of B45's hands and A10 recovers at the A-25.  Officials rule Team A recovered.

Ruling:  Reviewable.  A's ball second and five at the A-25.  

True or False

1 hour ago, Zebra Frog said:

Question #4

Ffirst and 10 on the A-20.  Runner A22 fumbles when hit.  B45 jumps on the loose ball at the A-25 and possesses it on the ground, but A22 knocks the ball out of B45's hands and A10 recovers at the A-25.  Officials rule Team A recovered.

True or False

Image result for false gif

Since we're talking college, I'm gonna say false, but if we were talking pros, I wouldn't be sure, given the whole weird-ass "football move" aspect to possession.

14 hours ago, Zebra Frog said:

Question #4

True or False

False!

I think that's true. In fact, didn't this happen in one of our games last year? Banagu recovered a fumble, then lost it and the other team recovered. Only question would be is the ball dead when possessed on the ground? Certainly would be reviewable.

“Possesses it on the ground” ends the play, right?  False.

On 7/18/2019 at 10:12 AM, Zebra Frog said:

Question #4

True or False

Answer:  False

Once a player possesses the ball while grounded, it’s a dead ball.  It is reviewable and in this case would reverse the call and it would be B’s ball, 1/10.  Good job.  Maybe that one was too easy.  😉

• Thanks (+1) 2