Sign in to follow this  
PurpleDawg

TCU Baseball 2019-2020 OFF-SEASON Thread

The other one was getting confusing because last season was over. Bite me, Newbomb. 

• Like (+1) 2

This one popped up on my Facebook memories yesterday (although I don't know why since the picture was taken in August of 2009). Jason Coats, Bryan Holaday, and Taylor Featherston signing autographs before the 2009 football kickoff dinner thing. All three have seen action in the Show at some point.

Image may contain: one or more people

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Lyle Lanley II said:

Pretty cool that they're playing a team of Rangers' minor leaguers out at The Temple.  Could be the last baseball game ever played there?

Nothing about that in this release. It does say they are playing Steve Trout-coached Texas State the day after the Texas football game. Figure I can stay over to see that.

57 minutes ago, Burner said:

Nothing about that in this release. It does say they are playing Steve Trout-coached Texas State the day after the Texas football game. Figure I can stay over to see that.

Weird - I swear it was in there earlier.  Maybe they had to pull it from the release for some reason?  

1 hour ago, Lyle Lanley II said:

Weird - I swear it was in there earlier.  Maybe they had to pull it from the release for some reason?  

I saw it, too, on the Twitter.

12 hours ago, Lyle Lanley II said:

I though it was odd they say we will have two games against other opponents, but only gave details on the Texas State game.

• Thanks (+1) 1

On 8/23/2019 at 9:15 AM, Lyle Lanley II said:

Jake Eissler

😳

I really like this - for both teams.  Looks like the roster for the team the Rangers will be rolling out aren't just also-rans.  It's guys (like Sam Huff, Curtis Terry, Tyler Phillips, Jason Bahr) that are expected to be with the big club sooner than later.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Anyone going to the baseball game at the big ballpark next Tuesday?

On 9/26/2019 at 6:04 PM, PurpleDawg said:

I'd really like to, as I'm very interested to see progress of players on both teams - but I'll be out of town.  

Really hope there's a good write-up on it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The Star-Telegram has a story up on the baseball team's game against the Rangers.  They've changed their paywall on the website to where I can't even provide a link, but you can read it for free if you download their app.   Here are the highlights, though:

-Charles King and Marcelo Perez (moving from the bullpen) are the main candidates to lead the rotation.  They'll be joined by Russell Smith and Caleb Sloan when they're 100% (and both guys are ahead of schedule) along with newcomers Drew Hill, Johnny Ray, Jacob Meador, Nolan Hudi and Riley Cornelio.

-Austin Henry is moving to 1B, Hunter Wolfe is moving to CF, JUCO transfer Tommy Sacco is pencilled in as the starting SS.

• Upvote (+1) 2

On 9/26/2019 at 6:04 PM, PurpleDawg said:

Im thinking about it

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, TCaliU said:

Im thinking about it

Let us know how it goes!

• Like (+1) 1

I'd like to, but getting off work at 5:30 and having to get to the stadium from Hurst, I'm not sure it's feasible for me. I'd love to see the Ballpark one more time, but alas...