Sign in to follow this  
Lyle Lanley II

2019 MLB Draft

Jacob Meador, our RHP commit from Burleson Centennial, was just selected by the Mariners in the 31st round, #936 overall.

• Like (+1) 1

Garrett Wolforth, the former DBU catcher (I think he hit a HR or two off us) who finished up at Nova Southeastern in Florida, got drafted by the Reds in the 14th round. I've always followed his career as his older sister is a very good friend of mine. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

In the 38th round Jake Eissler to Cleveland and catcher recruit Kurtis Byrne to St. Louis.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Jacob Meador tweeted out this morning thanking the Mariners organization for drafting him...but also announcing that he'll be pitching at TCU!

• Like (+1) 4

56 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley II said:

Jacob Meador tweeted out this morning thanking the Mariners organization for drafting him...but also announcing that he'll be pitching at TCU!

Yay! Now I don't have to feel like a dope for getting some of his early baseball cards!
Boy I got burned big time last year.

• Haha  (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Burner said:

In the 38th round Jake Eissler to Cleveland 

I'm keeping an eye on this one.  He definitely has the potential to come back, have a solid senior season and boost his draft status considerably.  On the other hand, I'd heard rumors during the season that he may have been unhappy.  Could be that he takes advantage of this opportunity.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Lyle Lanley II said:

I find it funny that I tend to get news faster here than at the other board. They just now had somebody mention Meador's tweet.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MercenaryLibrarian said:

I find it funny that I tend to get news faster here than at the other board. They just now had somebody mention Meador's tweet.

We're here to serve, ML. 😁

1,200 kids just got taken in the baseball draft; 172 from California, 129 from Florida, 113 from Texas, so 34.5% of players taken were from those three states.

Rockies, Dodgers, Pirates are tied for major league lead, with 13 home-grown players each on their 25-man rosters. Houston leads MLB with 22 players on their 40-man roster.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Catcher update:

-Humphreys just tweeted out that he's staying for his senior year!

-Word is Isola is leaning toward signing with the Twins

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley II said:

Catcher update:

-Humphreys just tweeted out that he's staying for his senior year!

-Word is Isola is leaning toward signing with the Twins

Man, you gotta think a dude like him could come back and get drafted a little higher.

• Like (+1) 1

Yeah, you never know what's going on at home, how much progress they've made on acquiriing a degree, what level of connect they feel to the program, etc.  And take it with a grain of salt - I'd heard that like 3rd-hand at best.

• Upvote (+1) 1