Sign in to follow this  
Vlade Divac

Sewo

I just do not understand why people do these things when they have such high stakes on it for their future.  I can understand believing the laws aren't right, but then work to change them not ignore them.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Admitting ignorance of drug laws, but I'm assuming this isn't just pot?  I wouldn't think 1-4 g of weed would get you 2-10 years, but this country has had some effed up drug laws.

It depends on if it’s marijuana or concentrate(hash oil, wax, etc). Possession 1-4g of THC concentrate is considered a Controlled Substance in Penalty Group 2 and is a 2nd degree felony. Possession of 2oz or less of Marijuana is a Class B Misdemeanor. 

Texas splits Marijuana and Concentrates, even though the active ingredient(THC) is the same. 

When I see I topic heading like this, I'm really hesitant to click it sometimes. This is why.

Sounds like he had some sort of concentrate and a vape pen.  Concentrate makes it a felony.  Since he's never been in trouble before and it sounds like a recreational amount, hopefully it will get plead down to a misdemeanor and he'll get some sort of deferred adjudication on that.  By the way, never consent to a search.  Never as in NEVER.  There may have been probable cause for a search in this case but I doubt it.  And even if the cop says there's probable cause, you need to at least give your attorney a chance to argue there's not.  Even if you don't have anything to hide, you never know whether one of your buddies dropped something in your car or whether the cop will plant something in your car.  Hell, a joint could've slipped out of the guy's pocket at the car wash!  Just don't take that chance. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 3

7 hours ago, angelosfrog said:

Sounds like he had some sort of concentrate and a vape pen.  Concentrate makes it a felony.  Since he's never been in trouble before and it sounds like a recreational amount, hopefully it will get plead down to a misdemeanor and he'll get some sort of deferred adjudication on that.  By the way, never consent to a search.  Never as in NEVER.  There may have been probable cause for a search in this case but I doubt it.  And even if the cop says there's probable cause, you need to at least give your attorney a chance to argue there's not.  Even if you don't have anything to hide, you never know whether one of your buddies dropped something in your car or whether the cop will plant something in your car.  Hell, a joint could've slipped out of the guy's pocket at the car wash!  Just don't take that chance. 

IMO, the common practice of “offering a plea deal” is a horrible practice.

Punishment for "drug offenses" is also a horrible practice.

• Upvote (+1) 3

On 5/16/2019 at 10:26 AM, angelosfrog said:

Can't believe a vape pen is a felony. What a joke. That being said, Sewo knows better. Lets hope this plays out and he doesn't miss much time.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

14 hours ago, DirtyThirdFrog said:

Can't believe a vape pen is a felony. What a joke. That being said, Sewo knows better. Lets hope this plays out and he doesn't miss much time.

Well, it's the concentrate that's the felony. And that shit's legit.

5 minutes ago, Vlade Divac said:

Well, it's the concentrate that's the felony. And that shit's legit.

Here I am in a state where almost anything is legal, but I have no idea what a concentrate is. Can someone enlighten me? I assume it's some marijuana derivative?

20 hours ago, PurpleDawg said:

Here I am in a state where almost anything is legal, but I have no idea what a concentrate is. Can someone enlighten me? I assume it's some marijuana derivative?

My understanding is that they extract the THC from marijuana and then mix it into a liquid form that is then put into a cartridge that provides the vapor for the vape device.  I think the extract can also be put into a chewable form as well.  I seem to recall that a Baylor running back got caught with chewables somewhere in west Texas on his way back from Colorado.  I don't remember if he ever played for Baylor again or not because he had already been in trouble for something but I think he did, maybe not at Baylor but I think he played somewhere.

EDIT:  after already being accused of assaulting a girlfriend, Baylor RB Devin Chafin was kicked off the team after getting arrested in Oklahoma for possession of pot (edibles).  He still played his SR season at Missouri Southern.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1