Sign in to follow this  
Senor Ballistico

TCU Basketball 2019-2020 thread

That's a big win... didn't get a chance to see it but I had this one penciled in as a loss. UCI is a quality opponent.

• Like (+1) 4

We were exposed a bit with not having enough beef down low. UTI was a good defensive squad as they basically took Bane out of the ballgame. At least we know we have other scorers that can step up.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Nembhard still not shooting efficiently over all, but he is clearly going to be one of our primary options, including end of game situations, where he gives Dixon a lot of options. Other big development is Dennis getting 27 minutes to Farabello's 13. Farabello struggled a bit last night.  I think Dennis might start getting more minutes consistently at the 1. Bigger body that can take it inside and be a threat to score or send it out to Grayer, Bane or Nembhard for a 3.  

LeDee's pick on Nembhards game winning three was one of the best I've seen in an end of game situation for TCU in a while. Solid, no movement, and he was back in position for a possible rebound. 

Team starting to take shape and a game like that should give them some confidence.  Still a long way to go, though.  Freshmen need to show they can ascend a steep learning curve next several games. Really need Smith to show what had Dixon bragging about before his injury. Fuller with all kinds of talent, but needs to be under control more. Farabello looked great last game, not so much this one. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

3 hours ago, NeFrog in the Kitchen Sink said:

Nembhard still not shooting efficiently over all, but he is clearly going to be one of our primary options, including end of game situations, where he gives Dixon a lot of options. Other big development is Dennis getting 27 minutes to Farabello's 13. Farabello struggled a bit last night.  I think Dennis might start getting more minutes consistently at the 1. Bigger body that can take it inside and be a threat to score or send it out to Grayer, Bane or Nembhard for a 3.  

LeDee's pick on Nembhards game winning three was one of the best I've seen in an end of game situation for TCU in a while. Solid, no movement, and he was back in position for a possible rebound. 

Team starting to take shape and a game like that should give them some confidence.  Still a long way to go, though.  Freshmen need to show they can ascend a steep learning curve next several games. Really need Smith to show what had Dixon bragging about before his injury. Fuller with all kinds of talent, but needs to be under control more. Farabello looked great last game, not so much this one. 

Nembhard is shooting .418, not quite Bane level. Where is his 2019-2020 ceiling?

• Upvote (+1) 1

4 hours ago, NeFrog in the Kitchen Sink said:

Farabello needs to hit the weight room and needs to get accustomed to the speed and intensity of basketball played at this level.  He seemed like a boy among men last night.  Edric on the other hand brings a lot of fire and intensity.  I like watching him play.  He provides some good veteran leadership.  Edric was really disappointed when Dixon didn't put him in for the that last 1.1 seconds though.  He tried to plead his case but I think Jamie wanted bigger bodies out there to guard against a tip in. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

6 hours ago, angelosfrog said:

Farabello needs to hit the weight room and needs to get accustomed to the speed and intensity of basketball played at this level.  He seemed like a boy among men last night.  Edric on the other hand brings a lot of fire and intensity.  I like watching him play.  He provides some good veteran leadership.  Edric was really disappointed when Dixon didn't put him in for the that last 1.1 seconds though.  He tried to plead his case but I think Jamie wanted bigger bodies out there to guard against a tip in. 

Dennis, Rembhard, Bane, Grayer and Samuel is a high ceiling main 5 I think. Still need to develop timing and trust but skills wise I could see that lineup really being effective. 

• Upvote (+1) 1