Sign in to follow this  
Senor Ballistico

TCU Basketball 2019-2020 thread

Nembhard is a different player. In control, confident, plays great defense. 

Grayer is another I like a lot. 

I mean with Bane and Samuel as the foundation, if we have the other guys that can penetrate when the ball is reversed or hit the open three and play good defense, we are going to be a solid team. 

I like this team - you can definitely tell they have great chemistry and we have more outside threats than last year. We're going to lose a couple of games pre-conference, mainly to someone that has a bunch of seniors. However, we're just going to continue to get better as the season goes on. As long as they don't start out 0-8 in conference and start to lose confidence, I think we can pull off some upsets.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Fuller is going to be really good.  He's like a much more athletic Kenny Hustle.  15 pts, 6 rebounds, 4 assists and 4 steals. That's a Kenny Hustle box score.  I checked out ULaLa's team last night.  They were 19-13 last year but graduated their top 3 scorers.  They were 2-0 coming in with wins over Loyola (N.O.) and McNeese.  This was a decent early season opponent.  Certainly better than a D-III team like Southwestern. 

AFA is Monday.  They're 2-1 with wins over Army and Tx St and a loss at home to Idaho St.  They were only 14-18 last year but 8-10 in the MWC.  AFA should be another easy win.  The first big test of the season will be UC-Irvine on 11/21.  The Anteaters were 31-6 and went two rounds deep in the tourney last season after beating K St in the first round.  They lost in the 2nd round to a very good Oregon team.  There are plenty of cheap tickets on stubhub for that one if you're interested. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, angelosfrog said:

Fuller is going to be really good.  He's like a much more athletic Kenny Hustle.  15 pts, 6 rebounds, 4 assists and 4 steals. That's a Kenny Hustle box score.  I checked out ULaLa's team last night.  They were 19-13 last year but graduated their top 3 scorers.  They were 2-0 coming in with wins over Loyola (N.O.) and McNeese.  This was a decent early season opponent.  Certainly better than a D-III team like Southwestern. 

AFA is Monday.  They're 2-1 with wins over Army and Tx St and a loss at home to Idaho St.  They were only 14-18 last year but 8-10 in the MWC.  AFA should be another easy win.  The first big test of the season will be UC-Irvine on 11/21.  The Anteaters were 31-6 and went two rounds deep in the tourney last season after beating K St in the first round.  They lost in the 2nd round to a very good Oregon team.  There are plenty of cheap tickets on stubhub for that one if you're interested. 

Yeah after Air Force, a challenging stretch with Irvine, Clemson (then probably Colorado if we win), illinois St,  Winthrop  and then Xavier after a gimme against Lamar.  So that is 5 or 6 top 100ish teams.  This is definitely the toughest of Dixon nonconfernece schedules.  current massey rating of that group are:

Air Force 215

UC IRvine 90

Clemson 33

Colorado 34  (wyo 279)

Ill St 124

USC 64

Winthrop 110

Lamar 265

Xavier 31 

George Mason 146

Luckily all are home or neutral.  Most likely we drop a couple and go 9-3 or 10-2 in  non conference (do have Arky later in the SEC challenge). Add in the scrimmages against Miss t and Washington and this team will have been tested in nonconference. 

41 minutes ago, NeFrog in the Kitchen Sink said:

Yeah after Air Force, a challenging stretch with Irvine, Clemson (then probably Colorado if we win), illinois St,  Winthrop  and then Xavier after a gimme against Lamar.  So that is 5 or 6 top 100ish teams.  This is definitely the toughest of Dixon nonconfernece schedules.  current massey rating of that group are:

Air Force 215

UC IRvine 90

Clemson 33

Colorado 34  (wyo 279)

Ill St 124

USC 64

Winthrop 110

Lamar 265

Xavier 31 

George Mason 146

Luckily all are home or neutral.  Most likely we drop a couple and go 9-3 or 10-2 in  non conference (do have Arky later in the SEC challenge). Add in the scrimmages against Miss t and Washington and this team will have been tested in nonconference. 

Yikes!  There are some tough ones in there.  By far the toughest non-con that I can recall.  Not a single SWAC school on the schedule.

1 hour ago, angelosfrog said:

Yikes!  There are some tough ones in there.  By far the toughest non-con that I can recall.  Not a single SWAC school on the schedule.

I'm sure in year's past we scheduled light because that was the only way we were going to get wins, now (I know the press says it's going to be a tough year for the Frogs in conference) we have expectations to do a little better in conference play so maybe a tougher non-con is warranted.

• Like (+1) 1

There was a report in the Star-Telegram that said TCU expects a decision on Jaedon LeDee's waiver for immediate eligibility sometime this week - possibly as soon as today.  At 6'9", 235lbs, we could sure use his size!

Also, in tonight's game against Air Force - keep an eye on #12 for the Falcons, LaVelle Scottie.  He's a Fort Worth native and a Heights grad.

• Upvote (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Lyle Lanley II said:

LaVelle Scottie.  He's a Fort Worth native and a Heights grad.

Estridge says he's got 30 people in the stands to watch him play tonight.

KEvin Samuel working on his third straight double-double...13 points, 8 rebounds in the first half.