Sign in to follow this  
Senor Ballistico

TCU Basketball 2019-2020 thread

Con la temporada de fútbol de TCU con un aspecto de pila humeante de Briles, estoy deseando conseguir mis entradas de temporada para el baloncesto TCU.     ¿Puede alguien decirme dónde conseguir entradas para el partido TCU-USC en Dickies Arena?  El sitio web de Arena tiene el juego A&M-UT (Dic.8) en la lista, pero nada para USC-TCU (Dic 7)?

With the TCU football season looking like a steaming pile of Briles, I am looking forward to getting my season tickets for TCU basketball.     Can anyone here tell me where to get tickets for the TCU-USC game at Dickies Arena?  The Arena website has the A&M-UT game (Dec.8) listed but nothing for USC-TCU (Dec 7)?

13 minutes ago, Senor Ballistico said:

Can anyone here tell me where to get tickets for the TCU-USC game at Dickies Arena? 

Call the TCU ticket office and they'll either set you up or tell you where to call.

22 minutes ago, PurpleDawg said:

Call the TCU ticket office and they'll either set you up or tell you where to call.

Gracias!

Thank you!

• Upvote (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Senor Ballistico said:

Con la temporada de fútbol de TCU con un aspecto de pila humeante de Briles, estoy deseando conseguir mis entradas de temporada para el baloncesto TCU.     ¿Puede alguien decirme dónde conseguir entradas para el partido TCU-USC en Dickies Arena?  El sitio web de Arena tiene el juego A&M-UT (Dic.8) en la lista, pero nada para USC-TCU (Dic 7)?

With the TCU football season looking like a steaming pile of Briles, I am looking forward to getting my season tickets for TCU basketball.     Can anyone here tell me where to get tickets for the TCU-USC game at Dickies Arena?  The Arena website has the A&M-UT game (Dec.8) listed but nothing for USC-TCU (Dec 7)?

It may be part of the season ticket package.  Just a guess.

Word is the Frogs won their secret scrimmage against Mississippi State this weekend in New Orleans:

Star-Telegram write-up

MSU is coached, you might remember, by Ben Howland - Dixon's old boss at Pitt.  They were a tournament team last year and in the "First Four Out" in ESPN's preseason Bracketology.

Starting 5 for the Frogs were Edric Dennis, RJ Nembhard, Desmond Bane, Diante Smith and Kevin Samuel.  Main three subs were Francisco Farabello, PJ Fuller and Jaire Grayer.

Bane and Dennis were reportedly the leading scorers.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I keep seeing Southwestern mentioned as being the season opener.

Surely this is an exhibition, right?  Isn't Southwestern a D-3 program?  

I'm loving Des being the face of the team so far this season. 😍

• Haha  (+1) 2

The basketball event that was scheduled for tonight at the Scholl that was to feature Shaquille O'Neal has been cancelled due to the death of Shaq's sister last night from cancer at the age of 40. ADJD said the event would be rescheduled at a later date.

• Sad 1

There's a thread over on the other board about the "secret scrimmage" against Washington.  Apparently the Frogs won, with Bane leading the way by scoring 26.

That's two "wins" vs. pretty good opponents in the preseason.  Looking forward to seeing this team in action.

• Thanks (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Seems like we will be on the short side this year from the description, other than Samuel.  I guess its a 4 guard offense.  Says we went with basically an 8 man rotation.

Starters according to S-T

C 6'11" Samuel (So)

G 6'5" Bane (Sr)

G 6'5" Grayer (Sr)

G 6'5" Nemhard (So- I think he grew and inch this year)

G 6'3" Dennis (Sr)

Bench

F 6'7" Smith (fr)

G 6'2" Farabello

G 6'4" Fuller

I think all of the guards are good rebounders, though.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Diante Smith start to take minutes away from Grayer, and PJ Fuller from Nembhard as the season goes on.

I also suspect we'll see Barlow's minutes fluctuate from game to game depending on the size of the team we're facing.

• Like (+1) 1

Minutes from the other board:

Bane 39

Samuel 38

Nembhard 29

Smith 24

Farabello 22

Grayer 16

Fuller 16

Dennis 14

Barlow 2

So... Bane and Samuel played the whole game (with Barlow giving Samuel a short breather).  Everyone else basically rotates among 3 positions.  Smith a Farabello got more minutes off the bench than two of the starters.

Nembhard is a key for us this year.  Needs to take it to another level for us to be successful.  Talented and gives some lineup flexibility as he has some size and plays good D. But has been very inconsistent offensively.  Dixon seems to have faith though so maybe he makes the jump.  

Voy al inaugurador de la temporada esta noche.  Jamie Dixon se dirige a las primeras 400 personas.  ¡Quiero uno!

I'm going to the season opener tonight.  Jamie Dixon bobble heads for the first 400 people.  I want one!

• Like (+1) 2