Sign in to follow this  
Senor Ballistico

TCU Basketball 2019-2020 thread

Watching OU @ ISU and wondering how in the world we beat these guys.

1 hour ago, Newbomb Turk said:

Watching OU @ ISU and wondering how in the world we beat these guys.

Frog Factor.

• Like (+1) 2

I really can't believe we're 3-0!  Dare we hope for a winning conference record and a NCAA bid?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Duquesne Frog said:

Frog Factor.

2019_TCU_NIT_semifinal_3765.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha  (+1) 1

Sunday’s 6-pack
Some teams getting the highest %age of their points on 3’s:
5) Virginia Tech 42.8%
7) TCU 41.4%
10) Wofford 41.1%
11) Saint Joe’s 40.7%
12) Fresno State 40.5%
18) Syracuse 40.1%

Quote of the Day:
“Had some great moments as a coach. Right now this is my lowest one. Losing this game is my fault. If I die tomorrow or 20 years from now, that’ll be my biggest regret as a coach. These kids really needed a win.”
Roy Williams, after losing at home to Clemson Saturday

Sunday’s quiz
When was the last time a #6 conference seed won the Super Bowl?

Saturday’s quiz
NCIS star Mark Harmon played QB for UCLA.

Friday’s quiz
William Henry Harrison is the American President died a month after taking office.

Posted onJanuary 12, 2020
Leave a commenton Sunday’s 6-pack, Quote, Quiz of the Day
Sunday’s List of 13: Wrapping up a sports Saturday……
13) Titans 28, Ravens 12: This was a Titan-ic upset; Baltimore outgained Tennessee 530-300, but the Ravens were 0-4 on 4th down conversions (11-18 on 3rd down) and became only 2nd #1 seed in last seven years to lose in this round.

Tennessee wins consecutive road playoff games when throwing for less than 100 yards in both games, which is really weird, in this pass-happy day and age.

12) 49ers 27, Vikings 10: Minnesota hasn’t won two playoff games in same season since 1987.

Vikings were held to 147 total yards, seven first downs. San Francisco will host the NFC title game next Sunday.

11) Baylor 67, Kansas 55— Is Baylor the best team in the country? This was the Bears’ first-ever win in Lawrence and it was decisive.

My way-too-early Final Four: Baylor-Butler-Auburn and either Louisville/San Diego State, or maybe Seton Hall. It is still pretty early in conference play, but it is good to get the brain working a little.

10) Seton Hall 69, Marquette 55— Pirates won their sixth straight game; they’re 4-0 in Big East play, with eight points the closest of the four games. Last time Seton Hall was 4-0 in Big East play? 1992-93.

9) Clemson 79, North Carolina 76 OT— Tigers had been 0-59 in Chapel Hill, and that is not a misprint. Zero wins, 59 losses. Now they’re 1-59. Rough year for the Tar Heels, who were up by 10 at the half in this game.

8) Indiana 66, Ohio State 59— Buckeyes lost their 4th game in a row after an 11-1 start; they haven’t scored 60+ points since their Dec 21 win over Kentucky.

7) Upsets:
— Long Beach State (+13) 55, UCSB 52
— Santa Clara (+13) 67, Saint Mary’s 66
— NJIT (+11) 78, North Florida 66
— Tulane (+9.5) 65, Temple 51
— Rhode Island (+8.5) 65, VCU 56
— East Carolina (+8.5) 71, SMU 68
— Idaho State (+8) 71, Northern Arizona 67
— Syracuse (+8) 63, Virginia 55
— Baylor (+7.5) 67, Kansas 55

6) UNLV 78, Wyoming 69 OT— Rebels were down six with 1:26 left, rallied to improve to 4-1 in Mountain West. A very thin UNLV team has already played five OT games this season (2-3), winning the two that were conference games.

5) St John’s 74, DePaul 67— When I saw the Blue Demons before Christmas, they looked like a team we’d be talking about in March; now they’re 0-3 and it looks like just another season of the same old stuff- they’ve made only 22.8% of their 3’s in Big East play, and two of the three games were at home. Not good.

4) Texas A&M 69, Vanderbilt 50— Aaron Nesmith of Vanderbilt, leading scorer in the SEC, is out for six weeks or so with a stress reaction in his right foot. Big loss for the Commodores.

3) Dayton 88, UMass 60— Dayton’s star Obi Toppin left this game with a sprained ankle.

2) Stanford 88, Washington State 62— Cardinal was picked 10th in preseason Pac-12 poll, but now they’re 14-2, with only losses to pair of top 5 teams (Butler/Kansas). Stanford is a very young team (experience #338) that is making 38.3% of their 3’s- their next three games are on the road, which will be telling.

1) Santa Clara 67, Saint Mary’s 66:
Last three games for the Gaels;
— Lost in four OT’s at Pacific.
— Beat BYU at home in OT
— Lost this game by a point.

If Saint Mary’s is a bubble team in March, this week will haunt them.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I get this Armadillo Report every day in my email.  Frogs get some kudos  at the top of the page today.  I can post this update every day if you'd like? 

Some interesting stuff.  Let me know what forum or I can start a daily thread or pass on it?  God bless our Frogs!  3-0!

• Like (+1) 1

Looks like we have a chance to be top of the second tier in the Big 12.  The top 4 are clearly Baylor, KU, Tech and WVU then there is probably a huge gap between 4 and 5.  The bad news is that there's probably not a lot of separation between 5 and 10.  Every game against OSU, ISU, OU etc. is going to be a dogfight for this team.

• Like (+1) 2

I'm not sold on Tech yet and don't know about Texas.

RN 4 me...

Baylor/Kansas/WV

Tech/OU

TCU/Texas

OSU/ISU

KSU

• Upvote (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Senor Ballistico said:

Let me know what forum or I can start a daily thread or pass on it?

Start a thread for it. Good idea.

• Like (+1) 1

TCU+8 @ WV tells me this is a huge game for the Frogs.  The #10 team laying only -8 pts at home says we have a chance.  I was thinking WV-12 to 13 pts.  We win this one and we have a great chance to make some serious noise in the Big 12 (4th-5th place)

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Senor Ballistico said:

TCU+8 @ WV tells me this is a huge game for the Frogs.  The #10 team laying only -8 pts at home says we have a chance.  I was thinking WV-12 to 13 pts.  We win this one and we have a great chance to make some serious noise in the Big 12 (4th-5th place)

I believe I read that we've never won in Morgantown.  Is that correct?  If so, a win up there would certainly be shocking.

40 minutes ago, angelosfrog said:

I believe I read that we've never won in Morgantown.  Is that correct?  If so, a win up there would certainly be shocking.

Frogs haven't but Jamie has...

Fouls are not helping, but neither are the many missed shots.

1 minute ago, PurpleDawg said:

Fouls are not helping, but neither are the many missed shots.

Oh, yeah....and turnovers.

Not normally one to comment on officiating calls, but I’m not seeing what these guys are seeing.  And, yes I called basketball for a number of years.

• Thanks (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, Zebra Frog said:

Not normally one to comment on officiating calls, but I’m not seeing what these guys are seeing.  And, yes I called basketball for a number of years.

It's really ridiculous now, late in the game. They're not even letting the kids play 15 or 20 seconds without blowing the darn whistle.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

4 hours ago, angelosfrog said:

West Virginia won 13 of last 15 games with TCU; Horned Frogs are 0-7 on Big X visits here, losing in triple OT here LY. TCU won its last four games overall; they’re 3-0 in Big X games, with two wins by a hoop each. Frogs are experience team #217 that is 12-3 vs schedule #182- they won their only true road game by hoop at K-State. West Virginia won six of its last seven games; they allowed 51.7 ppg in their 2-1 Big X start. Mountaineers are experience team #299 that is 13-2 vs schedule #5- they have the best eFG% defense in country.