Sign in to follow this  
Senor Ballistico

TCU Basketball 2019-2020 thread

Incoming transer: shooting guard Charles O'Bannon Jr, whose Dad & Uncle Ed anchored the UCLA resurgence in the mid-90s, is transferring from USC to TCU.  

As I understand it, he was a 5-star recruit coming out of high school (in Las Vegas), and will be immediately eligible for the Frogs next season.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Lyle Lanley II said:

Incoming transer: shooting guard Charles O'Bannon Jr, whose Dad & Uncle Ed anchored the UCLA resurgence in the mid-90s, is transferring from USC to TCU.  

As I understand it, he was a 5-star recruit coming out of high school (in Las Vegas), and will be immediately eligible for the Frogs next season.  

This is insane!   So many awesome players coming to town.  I am so fired up! 

Please Lord, let me be here long enough to see TCU men's basketball win the Big 12! 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Feeling Froggy said:

Excuse me while I go have a heart attack now.

Chew a full-strength aspirin while dialing 911.

#IKnowWhatImTalkingAboutHere

#GoFrogs

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 2

That was a little stressful. My hotel neighbors might wonder about the screaming coming from my room. 🤷‍♀️

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha  (+1) 2

Was anyone else impressed by King McClure’s color commentary on the ESPN broadcast last night?

Insightful comments, good explanations of strategy, and he didn’t step all over the play-by-play guy. I can’t believe he was a player last season, much less for fricking Baylor.

• Like (+1) 1

I like this team. Under no illusion it is going to be a top 25 team, but seem to play hard, have a good attitude and seem to be getting a nice rotation developed.  Really like the defense.  Farabello is a good perimeter defender and Samuel is coaches' dream on defense.  Thought Farabello's defense on the last shot was perfect.

Thought McClure was fine, but didn't realize that was who it was, either.  I probably would have been harsher in my judgement had I known. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Newbomb Turk said:

Was anyone else impressed by King McClure’s color commentary on the ESPN broadcast last night?

Someone needs to send him a reminder that our center's name is Kevin Samuel, not Kevin Samuels.

• Like (+1) 1

OSU in Fort Worth on Saturday looks like a winnable game.  They're 56 in Kenpom rankings and we're 47.  They've also lost 3 of their last 4 and 4 of their last 6 after starting the season 7-0.  OSU is also last in the Big 12 in FG % and 8th in scoring.  Given our offensive struggles, that's the kind of match up we need.   

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Frogs o' War seems to think that Dixon and the Frogs are in the clear ... hope this is right ...

https://www.frogsowar.com/2020/1/8/21057855/tcu-basketball-receives-notice-of-allegations-from-the-ncaa-for-ex-assistants-actions

Last year, Barker was accused of accepting a bribe to steer TCU Basketball players towards a sports agent. Court testimony from former agent Christian Dawkins seemed to indicate that the bribe had been quickly returned, something that may keep Barker from being slapped with the almost unrecoverable Level I violation. Former Oklahoma State assistant Lamont Evans was issued one in November, but the Cowboys avoided NCAA trouble as a program, and it’s unlikely the Frogs will face anything further.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 2