Sign in to follow this  
Senor Ballistico

TCU Basketball 2019-2020 thread

I've noticed Dixon having the PG run time off the clock before passing it off for a shot  in  the 2H last couple of games. 

Anyone else see this of am I just a crazy old man?

7 hours ago, Senor Ballistico said:

I've noticed Dixon having the PG run time off the clock before passing it off for a shot  in  the 2H last couple of games. 

Anyone else see this of am I just a crazy old man?

You are correct and I think this strategy sucks!  

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Zebra Frog said:

Hate that strategy...keep running the offense and applying pressure! 

3 hours ago, Zebra Frog said:

Non basketball question, I'd love your thoughts on the OU "first down" at the end of the game on Saturday.  I always enjoy your insight

• Like (+1) 1

I turned this game on right when everything started falling apart last night.  Geez we looked like a team that might not win a single conference game.  Hopefully we just had an off night.  Burn the tape of that one and pretend it never happened. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Senor Ballistico said:

Non basketball question, I'd love your thoughts on the OU "first down" at the end of the game on Saturday.  I always enjoy your insight

I don't think he made the first down, however, I can completely understand why the RO let it stand.  There wasn't any way he could see the ball, and without IVE of exactly where the ball was, he had no choice.  Think back to when the ball was stripped at the TCU 5 yard line and they let that play stand in TCU's favor.  They didn't have a good shot of where the ball was when it came loose.   If anybody was to blame on it being a first down, it has to be the onfield official.  He made the call without seeing the ball, never a good thing, but is often done.  The RO doesn't have that luxury most of the time.  He had to go with the call on the field.

• Thanks (+1) 2