Sign in to follow this  
Lyle Lanley II

Minor League Frogs - 2019

Brian Howard was just named the Texas League's Pitcher of the Week for his last two starts in which he tossed a combined 13 IP giving up just 1 one, striking out 8 and walking just 1.

For the year at Double-A Midland (A's), he's now 7-5 with a 2.75 ERA and 88 K's against 33 walks.  He's pitched at least 6 innings in his last five starts for the Rockhounds.

• Like (+1) 2

On 7/8/2019 at 4:07 PM, Lyle Lanley II said:

Brian Howard was just named the Texas League's Pitcher of the Week for his last two starts in which he tossed a combined 13 IP giving up just 1 one, striking out 8 and walking just 1.

For the year at Double-A Midland (A's), he's now 7-5 with a 2.75 ERA and 88 K's against 33 walks.  He's pitched at least 6 innings in his last five starts for the Rockhounds.

Isnt double A kind of considered primo over AAA even cause it’s where the top prospects develop? The top guys generally don’t spend much time in AAA

-Jantzen Witte has 8 hits across his last 4 games for Triple-A Pawtucket (Red Sox), including 3 doubles and 3 RBI.  He's now hitting .280 with 6 HR, 30 RBI and a .769 OPS.

-Sean Wymer picked up a W in his second straight start for Class A Lansing (Blue Jays), spreading 1 run across 6+.  He's now 5-7 on the year and got his ERA down to 5.99 after it'd been at nearly 9.00 in May.

-Brandon Williamson pitched a scoreless inning with 1 K in his professional debut for Short-Season A Everett (Mariners)

-Jake Guenther went 2-for-3 with a walk and an RBI in his last game for Rookie League Princeton (Rays), where he's now hitting .310 with 2 RBI through 8 games.

• Like (+1) 2

-Jantzen Witte has extended his hit streak to 7 games for Triple-A Pawtucket (Red Sox)

-Riley Ferrell has been promoted to Triple-A Round Rock by the Astros' organization.  He tossed a perfect inning of relief with one strikeout in his debut for the Express.  He's now got a cumulative 1.02 ERA in 13 appearances for 5(!) different minor league teams this year.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

4 hours ago, PurpleDawg said:

Nick's rolling!

I'm an active stalker on the Red's message boards and they are already crowning him the savior. With a Sept 2021 call up. 

4 minutes ago, DirtyThirdFrog said:

I'm an active stalker on the Red's message boards and they are already crowning him the savior. With a Sept 2021 call up. 

He keeps averaging 2 K/IP and he'll be up earlier than that ...

25 minutes ago, DirtyThirdFrog said:

Feeling Froggy and I have been trying to figure out how to meet up in Missoula to see him pitch this summer. Y'all keep your fingers crossed for us.

• Upvote (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Duquesne Frog said:

He keeps averaging 2 K/IP and he'll be up earlier than that ...

My guess- he starts 2020 in Dayton (Low A) or Daytona (High A) and finishes up in AA (where the real studs are). 2021 he goes to the big league camp but starts in AAA. They end up calling him up mid season. 

19 minutes ago, PurpleDawg said:

Feeling Froggy and I have been trying to figure out how to meet up in Missoula to see him pitch this summer. Y'all keep your fingers crossed for us.

I think they are close to shutting him down for the year. Better act fast

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DirtyThirdFrog said:

think they are close to shutting him down for the year. Better act fast

The problem is we never know when he's going to pitch. How do we find out? I sent him a Twitter DM when he first was traded to ask him to let me know (yeah, long shot), but never heard back from him. I know he was super busy setting in right then, so I totally don't hold it against him.

16 minutes ago, PurpleDawg said:

The problem is we never know when he's going to pitch. How do we find out? I sent him a Twitter DM when he first was traded to ask him to let me know (yeah, long shot), but never heard back from him. I know he was super busy setting in right then, so I totally don't hold it against him.

And their schedule has them playing at the other end of the state in Billings more often than Missoula. Which makes for a horrible drive for you. It is six one way, half a dozen the other for me at that point, though.

Besides, it is Billings. Think Pecos, with less interesting scenery and not in Texas. 😂

• Haha  (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Feeling Froggy said:

And their schedule has them playing at the other end of the state in Billings more often than Missoula. Which makes for a horrible drive for you. It is six one way, half a dozen the other for me at that point, though.

Besides, it is Billings. Think Pecos, with less interesting scenery and not in Texas. 😂

But the speed limit in Montana is, like, 95 or something, so it would basically take no extra time to get there, really. 😆

11 minutes ago, PurpleDawg said:

But the speed limit in Montana is, like, 95 or something, so it would basically take no extra time to get there, really. 😆

80mph on I-90... But you have to drive through all that part of the state. And you have to dodge the local going 45mph down it, with the texting Californian riding along next to the local while swerving and not passing or getting back behind the local.

(Both will go 105mph in the winter when it is solid ice, though.)

5 hours ago, DirtyThirdFrog said:

giphy.gif

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Haha  (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Feeling Froggy said:

80mph on I-90... But you have to drive through all that part of the state. And you have to dodge the local going 45mph down it, with the texting Californian riding along next to the local while swerving and not passing or getting back behind the local.

(Both will go 105mph in the winter when it is solid ice, though.)

So, basically like driving I-5 here.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

6 hours ago, PurpleDawg said:

Man I've always liked him... just can't quite click in the show. Classic AAAA guy. Ugh.

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley II said:

Nick Lodolo's time in Billings has come to an end - the Reds have promoted him to Class A Dayton.

Happy for him, but that sucks for @PurpleDawg@ and me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Feeling Froggy said:

Happy for him, but that sucks for @PurpleDawg@ and me.

Well, darn it. But, WTG Nick!!

• Upvote (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Lyle Lanley II said:

Nick Lodolo's time in Billings has come to an end - the Reds have promoted him to Class A Dayton.

Ill be in Dayton this weekend. Going to the Reds game in cincy on Friday. 

They are def fast tracking him. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Jake Guenther hit his first professional home run last night.  Through 13 total games for Rookie Advanced Princeton (Rays), he's hitting .319 with the 1 HR, 6 RBI and an .801 OPS.

• Like (+1) 1