Sign in to follow this  
Senor Ballistico

Dixon gone to UCLA? For real?

Honestly, the oddest thing about this whole ordeal is that we still haven’t heard a peep out of Dixon. I find that a little troubling for some reason. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, SuperToad said:

Honestly, the oddest thing about this whole ordeal is that we still haven’t heard a peep out of Dixon. I find that a little troubling for some reason. 

Why, when he's said repeatedly that he doesn't discuss other jobs and he's shown throughout his career that he's backed up that statement?

13 minutes ago, PurpleDawg said:

Why, when he's said repeatedly that he doesn't discuss other jobs and he's shown throughout his career that he's backed up that statement?

It’s more that he’s said nothing at all. Not even anything along the lines of pumping up the fans about continuing to fight/grow/get better as a program.

He doesn’t have to mention the job/negotiations debacle, but say SOMETHING to the fans. Especially after you considered abandoning ship.

2 minutes ago, SuperToad said:

It’s more that he’s said nothing at all. Not even anything along the lines of pumping up the fans about continuing to fight/grow/get better as a program.

He doesn’t have to mention the job/negotiations debacle, but say SOMETHING to the fans. Especially after you considered abandoning ship.

Well, the season's over and he's recruiting. It's really up to the basketball communications department to do the hype thing, I think. And, things might have been blown way, way out of proportion by the media (gasp!) and opening up that can of worms again is probably not the best strategy now. But, YMMV.  🤷🏻‍♀️

Definitive enough for me. I like loyalty.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, NeFrog in the Kitchen Sink said:

Probably should just take that statement at face value, but seems like there are some read between the lines opportunities there...

Yeah no kidding. In the end, I really hope there is no bad blood. I think it’s clear he wanted the job and the opportunity to move back home. I get TCU not wanting to negotiate on the buyout, but if UCLA really wanted him, then $8 million should have been no issue.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, SuperToad said:

Yeah no kidding. In the end, I really hope there is no bad blood. I think it’s clear he wanted the job and the opportunity to move back home. I get TCU not wanting to negotiate on the buyout, but if UCLA really wanted him, then $8 million should have been no issue.

Makes you wonder if UCLA was the road block, not TCU or Dixon.  Could they (or their pawns) put the Dixon almost done rumor out there to speed up negotiations with other targets?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Someone on the other board pointed out something interesting. Notice that CJD tweeted his message right after UCLA hired Cronin from Cincinnati. Makes you think he may have been hoping UCLA would make a last ditch effort.

15 minutes ago, SuperToad said:

Makes you think he may have been hoping UCLA would make a last ditch effort.

Or, maybe he was respecting their process to resolve before he made a statement, which people that have class would do? IF you want to see controversy, I suppose you'll see it even when it's not there.

• Like (+1) 2

What I find oddest in this whole deal is that, instead of just letting sleeping Bruins lie, he felt compelled to issue a formal statement.  Now, he's open to being endlessly parsed for what he did and didn't say and he could have easily avoided that by sticking to a policy of never commenting on other jobs (like others do).  I'm still reeling from CGP's "I like TCU but I love Ft. Worth" and "I like GatorAde" statements and now Jamie's doing it too (sigh).  I mean, I'm pretty sure this statement means that the Big12 is falling apart and that we're going to be thrust back into the wilderness yet again...

• Haha  (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, Jared said:

What I find oddest in this whole deal is that, instead of just letting sleeping Bruins lie, he felt compelled to issue a formal statement.  Now, he's open to being endlessly parsed for what he did and didn't say and he could have easily avoided that by sticking to a policy of never commenting on other jobs (like others do).  I'm still reeling from CGP's "I like TCU but I love Ft. Worth" and "I like GatorAde" statements and now Jamie's doing it too (sigh).  I mean, I'm pretty sure this statement means that the Big12 is falling apart and that we're going to be thrust back into the wilderness yet again...

I know one thing that will happen because of JD's Tweet............... I'll be renewing my season tickets!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 2

A story came out from the AP yesterday where Dixon claims, contrary to media reports two months ago, that UCLA was prepared to pay TCU's buyout, and that he simply chose to stay put.  Donati is quoted that there were never any negotiations over the buyout.  Either the media's sources out of UCLA were very wrong about what happened, or narratives are getting massaged a bit in the aftermath.  Either way, I'm glad he's staying.

https://triblive.com/sports/tcus-dixon-says-he-decided-to-stay-instead-of-going-to-ucla/

• Like (+1) 1

I choose to believe our guys. And, I'm also glad he's staying. GO FROGS!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Duquesne Frog said:

A story came out from the AP yesterday where Dixon claims, contrary to media reports two months ago, that UCLA was prepared to pay TCU's buyout, and that he simply chose to stay put.  Donati is quoted that there were never any negotiations over the buyout.  Either the media's sources out of UCLA were very wrong about what happened, or narratives are getting massaged a bit in the aftermath.  Either way, I'm glad he's staying.

https://triblive.com/sports/tcus-dixon-says-he-decided-to-stay-instead-of-going-to-ucla/

giphy.gif

• Like (+1) 2