Sign in to follow this  
gofrogs152

NCAA Bracket Challenge

If anyone wants to do a bracket challenge again this year, I have re-established last year's group.  Name is The Frog Horn.  Password is GMFP.  Post your entries before noon EDT on Thursday.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, gofrogs152 said:

If anyone wants to do a bracket challenge again this year, I have re-established last year's group.  Name is The Frog Horn.  Password is GMFP.  Post your entries before noon EDT on Thursday.

@gofrogs152, can you post a link?

Too bad none of them belong to any of us. :(

I did mine with almost zero research this year.  Usually spend time trying to inform myself just to see it go up in smoke.  So I figured I would just go with my gut.

Yeah...that's not working so great.  And hubby and I have the exact same final 4 somehow, so not a ton of intrigue now.  I just gotta home that UVA goes down as that's his champ.  

I don't understand something and it's bugging me. Why do some of my brackets have a little green or red bar to the left of the school name?

Red bar means the team you picked to win that game lost, or has already been eliminated.  Green means the team you picked won.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Last night was not a good night for my bracket.  Virginia is the only elite 8 team I've got right at this point ...

I forgot to join this but I’m having the best bracket I’ve ever had.  Went big on Auburn and it’s paying off. Currently in 63.000th (whoopee!) place with 790 Points. Percentile actually says 100% since they round up apparently. If Gonzaga beats Auburn in the final, I could really move up. I bet there are a lot of Duke brackets above me. 

Don’t know how much credit I can take, but I put it off until the last second so I used the option of computer randomization based on BPI to save time right before the games started. I did adjust a few games but can’t remember which ones. I probably would be even higher. Before the computer gets too big a microprocessor, I did another one with the BPI based randomization, and that one is like 40th percentile. 

<Insert “cool story, bro” memes.>

• Like (+1) 1

I totally sucked further back, but I've got seven teams picked correctly in the Elite 8. I only missed on North Carolina. Zion and crew better step it up a little.

Well, my projected winner's out. So long, Duke. Let's go, Red Raiders!

I think I've calculated this correctly ...

PD, I think the only way you hold on is if Tech and Auburn win on Saturday.  If that happens, everyone ends with the points they have now.

If Auburn and Michigan State win Saturday, Fractal and I end up tied at the top, no matter which wins the NC.

I win outright if 1) UVa and MSU win Saturday, then MSU wins Monday or 2) UVa and Tech win Saturday, then Tech wins Monday.  IOW, if UVa wins Saturday but loses Monday, I win.

Troll wins outright if 1) UVa and MSU win Saturday, then UVa wins Monday or 2) UVa and Tech win Saturday, then UVa wins Monday.  IOW, if UVa wins it all, Troll wins.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Haha! I thought I had no chance whatsoever. Thanks for the tiny ray of hope. I won't run out and bet the house, though. 🤞🏻

Well, PD, your scenario came darn close to happening.  But it comes down to me and Troll.  If UVa wins, Troll wins.  If Tech wins, I win.

• Upvote (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Duquesne Frog said:

Well, PD, your scenario came darn close to happening.  But it comes down to me and Troll.  If UVa wins, Troll wins.  If Tech wins, I win.

I laid this out to troll this morning.  Along with the fact that I am down in 5th place.  I will give him credit, the gloating wasn't TOO over the top.  

• Haha  (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Well @gofrogs152, hope you are enjoying what must be insufferable gloating from Troll this morning.  Leaping from 4th place to total victory over the weekend.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Duquesne Frog said:

insufferable gloating from Troll

Just tell him you'll annihilate him come football season again. That'll shut him up. 😄

• Haha  (+1) 1

I was very happy to listen to the gloating of the guy who won my office pool - he'd picked Virginia, which meant he jumped over two Tech grads who had been in the lead.  

Those Tech grads, by the way, are "working from home" this morning 😂

• Haha  (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

On 4/9/2019 at 10:36 AM, Duquesne Frog said:

Well @gofrogs152, hope you are enjoying what must be insufferable gloating from Troll this morning.  Leaping from 4th place to total victory over the weekend.

I must say his gloating remained in the reasonable range.  He picked UVA last year too (he grew up in Charlottesville) when they lost to 16 seed UMBC, so he's been on the very wrong side of that pick as well.  

I had UVA over Tech and also had MSU losing to Tech.  Ended up in the top 0.5% of ESPN's brackets, so I am in the pool (with about 170,000 other brackets) to win a trip to Hawaii.  

Image result for so i got that goin for me gif

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1