Sign in to follow this  
frogtwang

It’s too late to start a 2019 Football offseason thread.

39 minutes ago, Senor Ballistico said:

TCU lands Virginia OT Altrique Barlow

TCU has added their third commitment to their 2020 recruiting class as Virginia Beach (FL) Bishop Sullivan Catholic offensive lineman Altrique Barlow committed to the Frogs

D5lcwCdWkAESZOQ.jpg

https://twitter.com/AltriqueBarlow

HUGE GET!!!  

A lineman! Love to get those linemen. Welcome to TCU, big fella!

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Burner said:

A lineman! Love to get those linemen. Welcome to TCU, big fella!

He looks bigger than 300 pounds.  HFB has a nice story on why he chose TCU.  I really like this young man

2 hours ago, Lyle Lanley II said:

As of today, May 20th, we are 60% of the way through the offseason. 

What's the score?

On 5/7/2019 at 8:42 PM, Senor Ballistico said:

Love seeing this! 

Just 16 more days until we start the 100 day countdown! 

Go FROGS!!

How many more days now, SB?

Was looking at the Roster. It looks like Baldwin will only have the option to wear #12 or #18. Just FYI

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I stopped thinking SR was a good player right after his interception vs Ohio St.  Not because of the int, but because right after the camera showed him laughing and joking around like it didn't mean anything.  He had no desire to prove himself and win, just run out and play a game and expect to be a king.

As far as alleging mistreatment, if it gets refused and shown to be false, he should be forced to join the marines for a couple years.  Then he might learn what it means to be a grown up.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Endless Purple said:

I stopped thinking SR was a good player right after his interception vs Ohio St.  Not because of the int, but because right after the camera showed him laughing and joking around like it didn't mean anything.  He had no desire to prove himself and win, just run out and play a game and expect to be a king.

As far as alleging mistreatment, if it gets refused and shown to be false, he should be forced to join the marines for a couple years.  Then he might learn what it means to be a grown up.

I started to get the feeling over the course of last season that he can't seem to accept responsibility...doesn't want to hear no, nothing is ever his fault.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Endless Purple said:

stopped thinking SR was a good player right after his interception vs Ohio St.  Not because of the int, but because right after the camera showed him laughing and joking around like it didn't mean anything.

I remember that. I also remember it was commented on in our chat room. Didn't go over very well there.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Endless Purple said:

Maybe losing to them last year was a blessing in disguise? Clearly we weren't a good team, and winning that would have prolonged the inevitable. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PurpleDawg said:

I remember that. I also remember it was commented on in our chat room. Didn't go over very well there.

I can imagine.  I was out at a sports bar watching the game.  Would have liked to have heard if the commentators said anything at that time.

2 hours ago, DirtyThirdFrog said:

Maybe losing to them last year was a blessing in disguise? Clearly we weren't a good team, and winning that would have prolonged the inevitable. 

Have to disagree.  A big difference in a good team and not so good team is mental.  I think we would have pulled out one or two more wins if we had beaten Ohio St.  That game broke some mental aspects of several players.  Though the bowl game may have ended differently.  I think either way we would be at the same place QB wise as we are now, since SR was not pulled after Ohio St anyway.  That said, I am happy with our incoming QBs, a couple I think are game changers.

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I have an obsessive nature when it comes to collecting things. I feel the need to get as complete a set of whatever it is regardless of whether I actually like all of the things in my collection. My primary hobby is collecting trading cards of people that played for TCU, even if they didn't finish their careers there. Right now, I feel dirty for having Robinson, Listenbee, and Boykin in my collection and while I still intend on completing my sets, it has to be a damn good deal for me to buy any of their cards.
Who else would ya'll put on the blacklist, guys that came here and then pissed you off for something other than just poor play?
Boomer White is the only baseball guy that comes to mind. The two Casey P.'s that played QB for us are on my list too.

• Like (+1) 1

Speaking of blacklist, the Avalanche Bar and Grille in Crested Butte has a section where the autographed jerseys are Michael Vick, OJ Simpson, Aaron Hernandez, and Kobe Bryant.

• Haha  (+1) 3

Bowl schedule is out.

Texas Fri 12/27 5:45pm SEC ESPN

Cheez-It Fri 12/27 9:15pm Pac12 ESPN

Camping World Sat 12/28 11am ACC ABC (same time as the Cotton Bowl on ESPN)

1st Responders Mon 12/30 11:30am CUSA ESPN

Liberty Tue 12/31 2:45pm SEC ESPN

Alamo Tue 12/31 6:45pm Pac12 ESPN

Sugar Wed 1/1 7:45pm SEC ESPN

3 hours ago, MercenaryLibrarian said:

I have an obsessive nature when it comes to collecting things. I feel the need to get as complete a set of whatever it is regardless of whether I actually like all of the things in my collection. My primary hobby is collecting trading cards of people that played for TCU, even if they didn't finish their careers there. Right now, I feel dirty for having Robinson, Listenbee, and Boykin in my collection and while I still intend on completing my sets, it has to be a damn good deal for me to buy any of their cards.
Who else would ya'll put on the blacklist, guys that came here and then pissed you off for something other than just poor play?
Boomer White is the only baseball guy that comes to mind. The two Casey P.'s that played QB for us are on my list too.

Paging tcudoc.  If anybody knows, it's him.

• Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Zebra Frog said:

Paging tcudoc.  If anybody knows, it's him.

I'll help you, Z.

@tcudoc, pick up the white courtesy phone, please.

• Haha  (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Army Frog Fan said:

Speaking of blacklist, the Avalanche Bar and Grille in Crested Butte has a section where the autographed jerseys are Michael Vick, OJ Simpson, Aaron Hernandez, and Kobe Bryant.

Kobe and Mike didn't murder people. But otherwise, kinda funny.