Sign in to follow this  
frogtwang

It’s too late to start a 2019 Football offseason thread.

This doesn't sound good...

Oh, lord. It's happening again.

27 minutes ago, PurpleDawg said:

This doesn't sound good...

5 minutes ago, PurpleDawg said:

Oh, lord. It's happening again.

Ill ask the same question I asked toward the end of the season, at what point do we start pointing the finger at the S&C program? This is just absurd at this point. No other team in the country is dealing with the number of injuries as we are. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, SuperToad said:

No other team in the country is dealing with the number of injuries as we are. 

Do you know this for certain?

16 minutes ago, PurpleDawg said:

Do you know this for certain?

I know no other team has cancelled their spring game because they don’t have enough healthy players

• Upvote (+1) 1

LRBW2XAPCotYGMFP has always seemed a bit ambivalent about the Spring Game.  I wouldn't read too much into it ...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Even for GP, it seems there is an extraordinary lack of information coming out of camp this spring. 

☺️ GP trying to placate the disgruntled fans...

Cohen to the rescue with date and time...

• Like (+1) 1

Is the Spring Sale this Saturday (4/6) or next Saturday (4/13)?  Would really appreciate if someone could clear this up as I’ve heard two different things from multiple people. 

7 hours ago, PurpleDawg said:

☺️ GP trying to placate the disgruntled fans...

Thats basically what our spring game had become anyway 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Senior banquet was last night. Here are all the award winners. Congratulations to everyone!

• Like (+1) 2

A few observations from this evening's open practice:

-Delton was not suited up, so Rogers was running with the 1s and Duggan with the 2s.  Matthew Downing also got some reps.  A number of people in the stands remarked at how big Rogers looked - he's really filled out, and I think he might have even grown an inch.  He threw some really pretty balls (including a really great back-shoulder throw to Barber that resulted in an equally impressive catch for a TD) and looked to be more mobile than what we'd seen in the bowl game. Duggan is really, really quick.

-DeMauryon Holmes was running alongside Garrett Wallow with the 1s on defense while Ben & Montrel Wilson weren't suited out.  He has gotten much bigger, and looked natural playing LB.

-Sewo was the only scholarship RB suited up.  He had a few good runs and a long gain on a swing pass.  Most of the RB reps went to #34 - the roster tells me that's Deryl Reynolds, a walk-on listed at WR that played at Alamo Heights and then transferred here from Colorado School of Mines.

-Catch of the day was probably Artayvious Lynn going up to high-point a 50/50 ball on a deep pass from Rogers, and he had several catches on a variety of routes.  Al'Dontrae Davis also had some impressive snags, and Ni'Jeel Meeking had a great catch & run on a slant from Duggan.

-Vernon Scott made an insanely athletic INT to spoil a potential TD pass that got the fans in attendance pretty excited.

-Ochaun Mathis looked huge, and was running with the 1s opposite Parker Workman.  Adam Plant is HUGE.

-Starting OL appeared to be, left to right - McKinney, Iwagwu, McMillon, Quazzel White and David Bolisomi.  Esteban Aliva stuck out to me as an OL that's gotten bigger since last year.

-Song and Bunce both made FGs from 45+...but both missed from closer.

-Overall, I'd say the defense looked further along - not that suprising.  As discussed previously, TONS of guys were sitting out.  Many appeared to be doing so as a precaution, but Izaih Filikitonga had a boot on one foot and was using one of those scooter things.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 5:58 PM, Lyle Lanley II said:

A few observations from this evening's open practice:

-Delton was not suited up, so Rogers was running with the 1s and Duggan with the 2s.  Matthew Downing also got some reps.  A number of people in the stands remarked at how big Rogers looked - he's really filled out, and I think he might have even grown an inch.  He threw some really pretty balls (including a really great back-shoulder throw to Barber that resulted in an equally impressive catch for a TD) and looked to be more mobile than what we'd seen in the bowl game. Duggan is really, really quick.

-DeMauryon Holmes was running alongside Garrett Wallow with the 1s on defense while Ben & Montrel Wilson weren't suited out.  He has gotten much bigger, and looked natural playing LB.

-Sewo was the only scholarship RB suited up.  He had a few good runs and a long gain on a swing pass.  Most of the RB reps went to #34 - the roster tells me that's Deryl Reynolds, a walk-on listed at WR that played at Alamo Heights and then transferred here from Colorado School of Mines.

-Catch of the day was probably Artayvious Lynn going up to high-point a 50/50 ball on a deep pass from Rogers, and he had several catches on a variety of routes.  Al'Dontrae Davis also had some impressive snags, and Ni'Jeel Meeking had a great catch & run on a slant from Duggan.

-Vernon Scott made an insanely athletic INT to spoil a potential TD pass that got the fans in attendance pretty excited.

-Ochaun Mathis looked huge, and was running with the 1s opposite Parker Workman.  Adam Plant is HUGE.

-Starting OL appeared to be, left to right - McKinney, Iwagwu, McMillon, Quazzel White and David Bolisomi.  Esteban Aliva stuck out to me as an OL that's gotten bigger since last year.

-Song and Bunce both made FGs from 45+...but both missed from closer.

-Overall, I'd say the defense looked further along - not that suprising.  As discussed previously, TONS of guys were sitting out.  Many appeared to be doing so as a precaution, but Izaih Filikitonga had a boot on one foot and was using one of those scooter things.

Appreciate that input … who was the biggest surprise to you?

That really sucks about Filikitonga. If he’s in a scooter, that doesn’t bode well for him playing this season. He was really starting to turn the corner in practice and beefed up all the way to 300 lbs.

10 hours ago, frognaddies said:

who was the biggest surprise to you?

Definitely Holmes.  Even though I'm sure the Wilsons would still be ahead of him when they're healthy, I was surprised to see him playing LB alongside Wallow with the starters on defense.  

1 hour ago, SuperToad said:

I heard Van Zandt looked really impressive as well. 

I should've mentioned him.  He had one INT in the scrimmage, and almost another.  Sounds like he may be able to see playing time at both S and LB this fall.

• Thanks (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley II said:

Definitely Holmes.  Even though I'm sure the Wilsons would still be ahead of him when they're healthy, I was surprised to see him playing LB alongside Wallow with the starters on defense.  

I should've mentioned him.  He had one INT in the scrimmage, and almost another.  Sounds like he may be able to see playing time at both S and LB this fall.

Who threw the INTs? I know Duggan has impressive quickness and speed, but how did he look throwing?