Sign in to follow this  
Lyle Lanley II

2020 Football Recruiting Thread, sponsored by Not Just Q

7 minutes ago, angelosfrog said:

Not sure if I love, or hate that image. Going to go with love. lol. 

11 minutes ago, DirtyThirdFrog said:

What's the umbrella for next to the frog in his tweet?

36 minutes ago, PurpleDawg said:

What's the umbrella for next to the frog in his tweet?

No clue. But holding a stack of cash up to his face is kinda tight. Albeit immature. You’re a HS kid. Relax. 

• Haha  (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DirtyThirdFrog said:

Is that a cell phone in the shape of a stack of Benjamins?

• Upvote (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Senor Ballistico said:

We should have 4-5 new commitments by tomorrow

Great news.  Looks like first up is Caleb Medford, the 6'3" WR from Henderson.  

Lengthy offer list includes Arkansas, Baylor, Tech, Missouri, Virginia, Purdue and Illinois among others.

• Like (+1) 2

Matthew-Baldwin-Tweet.jpg

TCU gets visit from potential transfer

Just over a handful of prospects made official visits to TCU over the weekend with six prospects from the 2020 class. However, those six prospects weren’t the only players in town as another surprise visitor made his way to Fort Worth with this recruit actually from the 2018 class.
Multiple sources confirmed to HornedFrogBlitz that former Ohio State quarterback Matthew Baldwin was also in town to take a visit to see the Big 12 program and visit with the coaches.
Originally a 2018 prospect out of Lake Travis, Baldwin spent one season at Ohio State and went through spring ball with the Buckeyes. He entered his name into the NCAA transfer portal in late April after Georgia transfer and former five-star Justin Fields was named the starting quarterback.

• Upvote (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley II said:

Great news.  Looks like first up is Caleb Medford, the 6'3" WR from Henderson.  

Lengthy offer list includes Arkansas, Baylor, Tech, Missouri, Virginia, Purdue and Illinois among others.

Welcome Caleb Medford!

Huge get and a red hot poker into Baylor

12 hours ago, Senor Ballistico said:

Eli Williams set to commit at 2:30 tomorrow.  Expected to choose TCU

Go FROGS!   Recruiting is heating up!

So does this mean Haynes King basically told our staff “thanks but no thanks”? Because from what I understood, King was the top guy in class we are having to be very picky in.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just watched Medford's film (LINK).

He's not a lanky 6'3" - he's filled his frame out already.  He's also really versatile - Henderson uses him in several different ways on offense - and he has a smooth athleticism that makes a lot of things he does look easy.  Two things I love about him and his game: he's clearly grasped the concept of high-pointing the ball and he included some downfield blocks in his highlight tape.

I think we got us a good'un here.  Frog Factor, you might say.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2

16 hours ago, Senor Ballistico said:

Just over a handful of prospects made official visits to TCU over the weekend with six prospects from the 2020 class. However, those six prospects weren’t the only players in town as another surprise visitor made his way to Fort Worth with this recruit actually from the 2018 class.
Multiple sources confirmed to HornedFrogBlitz that former Ohio State quarterback Matthew Baldwin was also in town to take a visit to see the Big 12 program and visit with the coaches.
Originally a 2018 prospect out of Lake Travis, Baldwin spent one season at Ohio State and went through spring ball with the Buckeyes. He entered his name into the NCAA transfer portal in late April after Georgia transfer and former five-star Justin Fields was named the starting quarterback.

Definitely LB or DE

• Like (+1) 1

Big Monday! Four-star James Sylvester commits

Add another one to the commitment list!

TCU 2020 Commits
Sort More
National Rank
Prev. Year: 33
Next Year: N/A
Big-12 Rank
Prev. Year: 3
Next Year: N/A
Avg. Rating
Prev. Year: 0.8627
Next Year: 0.0000

Head coach: Gary Patterson
Hard Commits (6)
Pos
Ht / Wt
Rating
Status

Keontae Jenkins
Frank W. Cox (Virginia Beach, VA)
5-10 / 160
266 20 5
Commit 4/25/2019
CB

Caleb Medford
Henderson (Henderson, TX)
6-3 / 185
537 96 72
Commit 5/5/2019
WR

Dominic Richardson
Bishop McGuinness (Oklahoma City, OK)
6-1 / 210
567 42 5
Commit 5/6/2019
RB

Altrique Barlow
Bishop Sullivan Catholic (Virginia Beach, VA)
6-3 / 356
571 48 13
Commit 5/2/2019
OT

Eli Williams
Sapulpa (Sapulpa, OK)
6-3.5 / 218
687 22 8
Commit 5/6/2019
DUAL

Dajon Harrison
Hutto (Hutto, TX)
5-9.5 / 170
NA 166 145
Commit 3/15/201

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Senor Ballistico said:

giphy.gif

After adding Sylvester we're #21 Nationally and #2 in the Big 12 in 2020 football recruiting

Any more expected today? The number I heard was between 4-5.

23 hours ago, SuperToad said:

So does this mean Haynes King basically told our staff “thanks but no thanks”? Because from what I understood, King was the top guy in class we are having to be very picky in.

I'm sure we would still take King if he were to choose us but he's probably going to LSU.  His dad and the LSU OC are longtime friends.  They either coached or played together somewhere.  I think Williams is more of a project at QB who may switch positions eventually.  He'll be given a chance at QB but I think he's open to moving if that doesn't work out.  My understanding is that everyone but us was recruiting him as a TE or DE which is what he may wind up playing for us.

On 5/5/2019 at 10:42 PM, Senor Ballistico said:

The QB room will be pretty full through the '22 season if Baldwin comes here.  He, Rogers and Duggan (assuming Duggan doesn't redshirt) will all be class of '22 if no one transfers.  That's three 4* QB's all in one class.

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, angelosfrog said:

The QB room will be pretty full through the '22 season if Baldwin comes here.  He, Rogers and Duggan (assuming Duggan doesn't redshirt) will all be class of '22 if no one transfers.  That's three 4* QB's all in one class.

Isn't Duggan class of '23, even if he doesn't redshirt?

1 hour ago, DirtyThirdFrog said:

Isn't Duggan class of '23, even if he doesn't redshirt?

Nope, he's eligible this season.  So . . . '19, '20, '21, '22 and then maybe '23 if he redshirts.  

2 hours ago, angelosfrog said:

I'm sure we would still take King if he were to choose us but he's probably going to LSU.  His dad and the LSU OC are longtime friends.  They either coached or played together somewhere.  I think Williams is more of a project at QB who may switch positions eventually.  He'll be given a chance at QB but I think he's open to moving if that doesn't work out.  My understanding is that everyone but us was recruiting him as a TE or DE which is what he may wind up playing for us.

Thats a bummer about King if he does end up going to the QB Graveyard U. He’s a heck of a talent throwing and running the ball. Probably the most exciting QB in Texas to watch play.

But yeah Williams is definitely a project. He’s really got to work on his deep passes if he wants a shot. His mid-range game isn’t bad and he’s good at throwing on the run, which I know Cumbie likes. Williams will be a heck of an athlete here regardless the position he ends up at though.