Sign in to follow this  
PurpleDawg

Really Early 2019 Football Thread

1 hour ago, HEBFrogfan said:

Will the long hair translate to a championship?

I don't know but Workman certainly looks a full grown man.   All of those guys seem very poised and mature for their age.    I’ve got a good feeling about this class.  

9 hours ago, angelosfrog said:

I don't know but Workman certainly looks a full grown man.   All of those guys seem very poised and mature for their age.    I’ve got a good feeling about this class.  

Yeah. He looks 30 years old. Some of those OLine dudes have such baby faces. Lol. 

Shoukd be a good class. I really hope Dugans frame can hold another 25 lbs. he just doesn’t look big to me. 

13 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley II said:

Schedule change: 

The road game against Kansas State has been changed from Thursday, October 17th to Saturday, October 19th.  

That gives the Frogs, who'll be coming off of a bye, two additional days to prepare for the Wildcats - and two fewer days to prepare for the October 26th home game against UT.

Gotta do everything possible to give UT an edge I guess. 

Looking ahead at the 2019 schedule, It looks like we will be in for some attendance challenges.  Ark Pine Bluff, SMU and Kansas all in September heat.  3 low interest teams and half our home schedule over by September.

On the other end, it look like the first half of the schedule will allow time for the new players to develop and offense to gel without being stressed from a high profile game.  Hopefully, it will allow whichever QB (I want Rogers or Duggan) to get the system well understood.  Also want Cumbie to add in some new aspects that fit the personnel and can allow them to be successful.  Don't run his system, but a system that works with the players.

19 hours ago, angelosfrog said:

Justin Rogers looks like he's got some lift.

A lot of people on the other board talking crap, saying he doesn't look right etc.

Whatever! That is an explosive move by an elite athlete. The landing is the most impressive part to me. 

And not to humble brag, but I actually teach box jumping technique. So yes, I do know what I'm talking about when it comes to these matters. 

14 minutes ago, PurpleDawg said:

Not being snarky, but why is this a thing?

Good question. Kind of like any other technique training, albeit a little niche I suppose. But running technique, weightlifting technique. It is in that ilk. 

It is a skill, that people want to get better at. Specifically in the crossfit/ plyometric world. I've been pretty good at it for a long time and a few years ago I was asked to do some seminars on the topic. So I go around to Houston gyms a few times a year and teach classes. 

Max height Box jumps are an incredible indicator of overall explosiveness, flexibility, balance, and mobility.