Sign in to follow this  
Jared

Clemson v. Alabama

1 hour ago, DirtyThirdFrog said:

Is Dabo the best coach in college football?

I know a lot of people say Dabo will take over for Saban when he retires, but if your DS, why would you?

HC gig at your alma mater?

10 hours ago, PurpleDawg said:

I'm thinking Clemson had better meals at two-a-days than they did at the White House. What the actual heck was that? Plus, they had to wear their Sunday suits for Mickey D's! 😋🍔🍟

To be fair, the players said they loved it. Trevor Lawrence said it was "awesome".

Such a dumb "controversy". And Trump paid for it out of his own pocket.

A few players appreciated it, yes. I'll give you that. Lawrence has good manners, apparently. However, the event could have been postponed until after the shutdown to make catering from the WH kitchens available. It's ridiculous to give praise to the president for paying for that display. He'll be reimbursed and it's just pathetic, anyway. What host would serve their honored guests cold fast food? SAD!

1 hour ago, SuperToad said:

To be fair, the players said they loved it. Trevor Lawrence said it was "awesome".

They were being polite.  No one like room temp hamberders and french fries.  As for the paid for it out of his own pocket, our little booster club provides a team meal for the varsity, jv and freshman football teams once a week during the season.  If someone had suggested serving Big Macs, the booster moms would've strung them up from the nearest tree.  A typical team meal is stuff that is catered from Olive Garden, Los Vaqueros, etc.  I'm sure Clemson gets much better team meals than we provide the high schoolers.  At the very least, Trump can afford to have Olive Garden cater a meal if he is really as rich as he claims. 

1 hour ago, SuperToad said:

Haters just hate.  I love this controversy.  It's the President at his most appealing.  (I especially love the joke that he's going to make Taco Bell pay for it.  I wish he had said that himself.)

https://hotair.com/archives/2019/01/15/trumps-finest-hour-insane-clemson-championship-fast-food-extravaganza-gorgefest

57 minutes ago, AlohaFrog said:

It's the President at his most appealing. 

His "most appealing" is using college kids as a publicity stunt to further a message that's part of a temper tantrum that's causing American workers to miss their paychecks? Interesting. No wonder I've never gotten the appeal.

49 minutes ago, Vlade Divac said:

His "most appealing" is using college kids as a publicity stunt to further a message that's part of a temper tantrum that's causing American workers to miss their paychecks? Interesting. No wonder I've never gotten the appeal.

Publicity stunt? I didn't realize national champions going to the WH and enjoying themselves was a new concept. Y'all are getting ridiculous in your hatred for Trump. Call him out for the dumb tweets and policy you don't like. But to get this upset/worked up over the president buying burgers and pizza for a bunch of college kids is a bad look.

And GMAFB on acting like the partial govt shutdown is some huge travesty and squarely on the president. The few employees who missed one paycheck will be rembersed once their stubborn congress listens to our Border Patrol agents and get past their hatred for Trump to protect our border. Just like Schumer and Pelosi said was necessary 2 years ago.

4 minutes ago, SuperToad said:

Publicity stunt? I didn't realize national champions going to the WH and enjoying themselves was a new concept. Y'all are getting ridiculous in your hatred for Trump. Call him out for the dumb tweets and policy you don't like. But to get this upset/worked up over the president buying burgers and pizza for a bunch of college kids is a bad look.

And GMAFB on acting like the partial govt shutdown is some huge travesty and squarely on the president. The few employees who missed one paycheck will be rembersed once their stubborn congress listens to our Border Patrol agents and get past their hatred for Trump to protect our border. Just like Schumer and Pelosi said was necessary 2 years ago.

No one is worked up.  I just think it's another example of the idiocracy he foists upon the country on a daily basis.  Now, if you want me to talk about what a crook, liar, thief and wannabe despot he is . . . then I could get worked up. 

5 minutes ago, angelosfrog said:

No one is worked up.  I just think it's another example of the idiocracy he foists upon the country on a daily basis.  Now, if you want me to talk about what a crook, liar, thief and wannabe despot he is . . . then I could get worked up. 

I guess I'm just missing on how burgers and pizza is "foisting idocracy upon the country".

Anywho, I hope we can at least both agree that most politicians are crooks, liars, thieves, and wannabe despots and get back to sports.

4 hours ago, angelosfrog said:

They were being polite.  No one like room temp hamberders and french fries.  As for the paid for it out of his own pocket, our little booster club provides a team meal for the varsity, jv and freshman football teams once a week during the season.  If someone had suggested serving Big Macs, the booster moms would've strung them up from the nearest tree.  A typical team meal is stuff that is catered from Olive Garden, Los Vaqueros, etc.  I'm sure Clemson gets much better team meals than we provide the high schoolers.  At the very least, Trump can afford to have Olive Garden cater a meal if he is really as rich as he claims. 

Dude.

Big Macs & Pizza >>>>> over Olive Garden and Los Vaqueros.

Any damn day. 

Much better than Rubber chicken or whatever banquet food they would normally get.

2 hours ago, SuperToad said:

Publicity stunt? 

Yes. This is what’s considered a publicity stunt. Had he not mentioned his reason for doing it, I’d find it quite endearing. But instead he took these kids’ hard-earned moment and made it about him and his agenda. Rant over.