Sign in to follow this  
angelosfrog

Big 12 Basketball Season Predictions

28 minutes ago, angelosfrog said:

18 conference games, what's your prediction of our eventual W-L record and conference finish? 

I'm going with 11-7 and third behind the champ KU and runner up Tech.

I'm going to say 13-5 with a second finish behind KU and then a deep run in the conference tourney. 

Optimistic, but I like us. Big, athletic, with a veteran PG who is dealing. 

Barring injuries, 15-3. CJD has the team rolling and 😍😍Desmond😍😍 , A-Rob, JD, Fish, Kouat, and the guys are clicking and having fun. This will be a great season. Can we beat Kansas? Hell, yeah!

I love the optimism, and would love to join in with it.  I wouldn't say I'm pessimistic, but more in a "wait and see" mode.  I think our team has been progessing nicely since they got healthy, but I also know how tough this conference can be.  

For now, I'm going with 9-9 and a win over Florida to get us to 21-10 headed into the postseason.

I think I predicted 10-8 last year and we were 9-9.  However, I still think with a healthy Fisher we would've won at least another game.  And, as much as I loved Vlad and Kenrich, I think the team this year is even better. 

46 minutes ago, angelosfrog said:

as much as I loved Vlad and Kenrich, I think the team this year is even better. 

I was very worried about losing those guys - not just in terms of their abilities, but the intangibles they provided.  I have to say that the way Alex and JD have stepped up to provide senior leadership this year has been very encouraging.  

I've said before that I think this is our best team ever, so I'm gonna go optimistic and predict 11-7 for a conference record and better than a 6 seed in the NCAA's.  I'll also predict KU to win the conference (who else?) and say that we'll finish 3-5.