Sign in to follow this  
Vlade Divac

Uniforms: 2019 Edition

Just now, Duquesne Frog said:

I really don't care all that much about the uniforms, but I want a fat frog on the helmet.  That is the only relatively iconic thing we've got on the uniform.  It's the only thing a viewer who doesn't know us can see that distinguishes us from Northwestern ...

I would be rich if I had a nickel for every time I was about to say Go Frogs and then realized it was someone wearing a Wildcat lid...

21 minutes ago, Duquesne Frog said:

I really don't care all that much about the uniforms, but I want a fat frog on the helmet.  That is the only relatively iconic thing we've got on the uniform.  It's one of the few things a viewer who doesn't know us can see that distinguishes us from Northwestern

I get it. But aesthetically, it doesn’t work well with all the new helmet types. The TCU + fat frog lockup has to be scaled down so much that it just looks like a blob from a distance. And the arched TCU alone fits nicely with the dome shape of a helmet when it’s large enough. 

• Like (+1) 1

Okay, the purple and black jerseys have grown on me. The white is still tacky af though. 

These look better. The photography for the release was just terrible. This is how they should’ve been unveiled all along.

This is how you do a uni drop. I’m just going to pretend the previous drop materials don’t exist. 

Damn that all purple looks sweet. Would love if we wore it with the black helmet. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Vlade Divac said:

This is how you do a uni drop. I’m just going to pretend the previous drop materials don’t exist. 

Damn that all purple looks sweet. Would love if we wore it with the black helmet. 

I'm coming around on wearing all purple.  I usually don't like mono-colored uniforms unless they're white or black but this new one might make me change my mind.  I like how the "horns" are more subtle on the purple jersey and I like the silver numbers too.  We will have to disagree on the all whites though.  I think that's the best set of them all.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, angelosfrog said:

I'm coming around on wearing all purple.  I usually don't like mono-colored uniforms unless they're white or black but this new one might make me change my mind.  I like how the "horns" are more subtle on the purple jersey and I like the silver numbers too.  We will have to disagree on the all whites though.  I think that's the best set of them all.  

I don’t like a head-to-to purple look. It’d need the black helmet. The mono trend kills me, so I can’t believe I’m liking it. But that purple is crisp and there’s enough going on with the jersey that it’s not so boring like most mono looks. 

Yep, as much as I love the white, purple, white, the all purple option in this set is quite nice. Hope we can see it on the field at least once. 

3 hours ago, Vlade Divac said:

I don’t like a head-to-to purple look. It’d need the black helmet. The mono trend kills me, so I can’t believe I’m liking it.

Oh, no. We need the All-Purple-All-The-Time-#FrogStrong-#DammitISaidPURPLE-Winners-Wear-It-Best-PD-Combo, complete with liquid chrome purple helmet...with fat frog. THAT's what I'm talking about. (I like that the little triangles [horns :rolleyes:] are much less noticeable on the purple jerseys).

23 hours ago, Vlade Divac said:

I loved the GP video 

On 2/22/2019 at 12:20 PM, Duquesne Frog said:

1972 Lavenders, baby!!!

Related image

I enjoy those. 

Up there with the love ya blue oilers 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Beautiful PURPLE AND WHITE in those photos and the FlyingT. Long may she wave in the hearts of true Frogs!

• Upvote (+1) 1

8 hours ago, PurpleDawg said:

Beautiful PURPLE AND WHITE in those photos and the FlyingT. Long may she wave in the hearts of true Frogs!

We took a lot of L's in those unis.  I don't think we will ever wear them while GP is the coach.  He's way too superstitious.