Sign in to follow this  
Vlade Divac

Uniforms: 2019 Edition

4 minutes ago, angelosfrog said:

I'm cool with that.  Black Panther is the most popular/iconic thing going in African American culture right now. 

Me too. The team needs to embrace it and adopt the Wakana Forever salute as their official touchdown celebration. Reagor can keep doing the peace sign though.

tenor.gif?itemid=11323102

So, back to lavender with these knockoff Oregon things, I guess. And, our "humble beginnings" did not start in Rozel, KS, as far as I recall, no matter how much I love the man who came from there. (They can insert the words "modern origin" into the narrative when speaking of the program, but everyone knows it will be overlooked.) The football team is being allowed to reinvent the history of our university now, as they've done with our colors. Not cool.

3 minutes ago, PurpleDawg said:

So, back to lavender with these knockoff Oregon things, I guess. And, our "humble beginnings" did not start in Rozel, KS, as far as I recall, no matter how much I love the man who came from there. (They can insert the words "modern origin" into the narrative when speaking of the program, but everyone knows it will be overlooked.) The football team is being allowed to reinvent the history of our university now, as they've done with our colors. Not cool.

It's been going on since 1998 when we wore black jerseys in the Sun Bowl.  Black has become one of our traditional colors (at least as far a football tradition goes). 

2 minutes ago, angelosfrog said:

It's been going on since 1998 when we wore black jerseys in the Sun Bowl.  Black has become one of our traditional colors (at least as far a football tradition goes). 

Yes.

1 hour ago, PurpleDawg said:

Prior to 1998 we didn't have a ton to be proud of (football wise) TBH. The entire school has come a long way in the last 20 years. And football has a ton of say in that. 

The uniforms confuse me. Our identity is caught between two worlds. We just need to go full modern. 

That said, I don’t hate them. The white jersey is tacky and nothing pairs with it well. The rest are good. The black jersey with purple helmet is sharp, and vice versa, as the contrast helps connect the Wakanda necklace. 

I’m sad to lose the frog print, because all we needed was to tone it back and limit to the trim and numbers. And if the special black edition doesn’t have bloodlines, I will be sad.