Sign in to follow this  
Vlade Divac

Uniforms: 2019 Edition

2 hours ago, Duquesne Frog said:

I'm not a marketing guy but that seems kind of an obvious concession that you aren't the main USC and branding yourself as such ...

Yes but just another little thing people are going to have to add to their name to make the differentiation, like (t)OSU. Nine times out of ten the "of" is going to be deleted. Maybe they could have gone with SCU instead?

On 1/3/2019 at 8:44 AM, SuperToad said:

The silver symbol makes me think the black "special" jerseys may have silver numbers

I thought this at first too but I noticed that the swoosh on Bama and Clemson's jerseys were both silver and there was no other silver on the unis.  Maybe that means we're at some elite level of uniforms that get the special swoosh. 

3 minutes ago, angelosfrog said:

I thought this at first too but I noticed that the swoosh on Bama and Clemson's jerseys were both silver and there was no other silver on the unis.  Maybe that means we're at some elite level of uniforms that get the special swoosh. 

The silver on the Nike logo worn by Bama and Clemson were special just for the playoffs. They've done it in previous years as well. And the silver is different than the ones seem posted by TCU.

1 minute ago, SuperToad said:

The silver on the Nike logo worn by Bama and Clemson were special just for the playoffs. They've done it in previous years as well. And the silver is different than the ones seem posted by TCU.

Fine by me.  I like silver and black.  The Raiders home uni is the best in football in my opinion. 

9 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley II said:

I can understand the desire for traditional aesthetics, but the whole point of recruiting in football is to get those kids on our lawn at Amon G. Carter, no?

All joking aside, I really hope kids aren't making decisions that will affect their lives forever based on a uniform color they'll wear for a few hours on a few Saturdays.  I know kids are kids but someone needs to have a serious talk with them if that's what they're doing. 

My point is just underscoring my overall attitude about uniforms: I don't care what they look like, as long as our team produces wins wearing them.  If that means wearing something trendy that ultra-talented teenagers love but I think look silly, I'd rather have that scenario than one in which we field a crappy team wearing the best uniforms ever imagined.

12 minutes ago, PurpleDawg said:

They can look as silly or as cool as the kids want as long as they're predominantly purple and white (dammit). That's all I care about.

Black is back. Buckle up. 

4 hours ago, angelosfrog said:

Is this new?

ff_2998750alt1_full.jpg&w=2000

ff_2998750alt2_full.jpg&w=2000

I've seen that hoodie before with the same frog, but not with the numbers and name plate on the back. Could confirm my suspicion that at the very least the special black jersey has silver numbers/letters