Sign in to follow this  
PurpleDawg

FROGS in PRO FOOTBALL 2019

3 hours ago, Lyle Lanley II said:

According to Spotrac, just a shade under $65 million to this point.  Not bad for a 2-star running back coming out of high school!

Is that good?

Wowza! Some people need to back away from their sports hate.

The Patriots started Marshall Newhouse at left tackle and Marcus Cannon at right tackle. Seems to be working out okay.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 2

46 minutes ago, Duquesne Frog said:

Andy sacked EIGHT times last night and the Bengals are 0-4.

Yeah I watched most of the game. His O-Line is GARBAGE. He had someone in his face after 2 seconds every time he "dropped" back.

They were trying to get him going with quick hitters, but it wasn't working too well. Mixon can't get going either. Zero running lanes. I'd expect them to draft a QB high, even though a rookie would get killed back there. I feel bad for him.

• Upvote (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, DirtyThirdFrog said:

Yeah I watched most of the game. His O-Line is GARBAGE. He had someone in his face after 2 seconds every time he "dropped" back.

They were trying to get him going with quick hitters, but it wasn't working too well. Mixon can't get going either. Zero running lanes. I'd expect them to draft a QB high, even though a rookie would get killed back there. I feel bad for him.

That was a brutal game. Andy's done about all he can with the Bengals. Kinda wish they'd let him loose so he could maybe have a shot somewhere else. But then again, he might not get a chance to be the starter on any other decent team just because of his age.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, MercenaryLibrarian said:

That was a brutal game. Andy's done about all he can with the Bengals. Kinda wish they'd let him loose so he could maybe have a shot somewhere else. But then again, he might not get a chance to be the starter on any other decent team just because of his age.

I looked it up last night and at the end of this season, Andy will have earned $83.5M in his career.  He can break $100M if he plays next season.  At what time do you hang it up when you've made that much money?  I would be tempted to retire after this season is over.  Playing out your career on shitty teams and putting yourself at further risk of CTE ain't worth it.  He's made enough money to support him and his family for generations if they're not stupid with it. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Hopefully, we see some SummerTYme this afternoon v the Cowboys.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, PurpleDawg said:

Hopefully, we see some SummerTYme this afternoon v the Cowboys.

He was out on special teams coverage.

Now we get to see Big Ben Banogu in the Sunday night game, Colts v Chiefs!

• Like (+1) 2

The XFL Draft starts tomorrow.  I'm sure we'll see several Frogs selected, - though I'm not sure if this league will have the kind of regional priorities that the AAF did, which resulted in several TCU guys being on the San Antonio team.  Would love to see them land on either the Dallas (Arlington) or Houston teams, though.

• Upvote (+1) 3

So, if I am reading this right, the Frogs remaining in the pool are:

Nick Orr

John Diarse

Cole Hunt

Ranthony Texada

Taj Williams

And as Lyle already mentioned:

Kyle Hicks (taken by Houston Roughnecks)

Tayo Fabuluje (taken by Houston Roughnecks)

Stansly Maponga (taken by Seattle Dragons)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Jawuan Johnson and Ranthony Texada were both selected today by the New York (La)Guardians.  

Not sure if anyone else was.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Maybe he will get traded to a team with a better O-line.

• Sad 2

OMGosh, they're benching Andy on his birthday! Dan Patrick was saying today that this situation has a Carson Palmer feel to it and he believes that AD will be a starter elsewhere next season.