Sign in to follow this  
PurpleDawg

FROGS in PRO FOOTBALL 2019

17 minutes ago, DirtyThirdFrog said:

They have a policy about no players with criminal records. Wonder if that was part of it. 

Morning News article indicated he was on the participation list, but did not attend.

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Captain Obvious said:

Morning News article indicated he was on the participation list, but did not attend.

You are. Obvious. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, PurpleDawg said:

@frogtwang how did you get that tweet to embed? ☝️

Selected the “share tweet” icon > “share tweet via” > “copy link”. Then paste. 

F03D81105A494B38A39E.jpeg

1560DA88129A42C1A591.jpeg

0C1DCF73CB0A4D2C8AFF.jpeg

• Thanks (+1) 2

Oh, you did it on your phone. I still can't make it work from my laptop.

30 minutes ago, PurpleDawg said:

Oh, you did it on your phone. I still can't make it work from my laptop.

I don’t think I’ve ever tried from a computer. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

10 hours ago, FractalFrog said:

Shit!

• Thanks (+1) 1

https://www.denverpost.com/2019/08/23/broncos-austin-schlottmann-nfl-preseason/

Austin Schlottman looking good to make the regular season roster in Denver.

Schlottmann, after spending all last season on the practice squad, has slowly maneuvered up the depth chart and started Monday at right guard in place of injured Ron Leary (knee) against the 49ers. Schlottman ran out with the first-team offense through the tunnel at Broncos Stadium and Sutton recalled: “I got chills for him.”

“It was great to be out there with the starters and hear how they do things,” Schlottmann said. “Good experience with some stuff that I need to do better.”

Schlottmann has played on 133 total offensive snaps through three preseason games and is expected to carry a heavy workload again Saturday night at the Rams with projected starters sitting out. Coach Vic Fangio told reporters that Schlottmann might play center, guard or rotate between both.

“I think he’s been one of the guys that since we’ve gotten here that has improved a lot from where he started to where he is now,” Fangio said. “He’s done well.”

Travin Howard doing well but on the bubble

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2019/08/25/nfl-rams-travin-howard-roster-cuts-linebacker/

“He’s done a nice job and I think you see the athleticism, you just felt the suddenness and the explosiveness where he arrived and he arrived violently tonight,” McVay said of Howard. “I thought Dakota Allen showed up a couple times as well. Those guys have done a nice job under Coach (Joe) Barry’s leadership. We, obviously, lost a really good player in Micah who’s going to be out for a while and we’re going to need those guys to step up and we’ll see exactly how it shapes itself out.”

The Rams held Hager out against the Broncos “because he is basically our Mike linebacker,” McVay said, so there’s really no chance for Howard to be a Week 1 starter. Allen has impressed equally as much, which might hurt Howard’s chances of making the team.

He could be a backup to Cory Littleton, though, playing more in coverage than on that strong side against tight ends and right tackles.

“Then really we’re seeing around Cory and those other guys, who’s going to make a name for themselves and make it hard for us to cut it down to 53,” McVay added.

Howard has some work to do before final cuts are made, but he’ll have a chance to impress once again on Thursday night in Houston.

Joey Hunt with the hustle play to help his chances of making the team

https://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/nfl/seattle-seahawks/article234266012.html

Hunt made a play in last weekend’s preseason game at Minnesota that few NFL centers can—or are willing to—make.

It is currently a shining example inside Seahawks headquarters of how a guy can make coach Pete Carroll’s team with more than stats and hits, more than by having starting jobs or backup roles secured.

Hunt was Seattle’s sixth-round draft choice from TCU in 2016. He has spent three years as the backup to Justin Britt at center. He plays just one position on the offensive line. The Seahawks have another backup center in Ethan Pocic, who started at center in college at LSU. Pocic is valuable because he also has played tackle and currently is the fill-in starting left guard for injured Mike Iupati.

Logic says Hunt has an outside chance at making the team. But here’s why you’d be wise to include Hunt on your projected 53-man roster the Seahawks must set Aug. 31:

He may have cinched his place on Seattle’s roster for the fourth consecutive season with a play Carroll is still raving about it, days later. Carroll says he’s going to show it in team meetings “from now on.”

As in, for as long as he’s the Seahawks’ coach.

On the last play of the third quarter Sunday, third and 9 from the Vikings 43-yard line, Hunt snapped the ball back to quarterback Paxton Lynch and immediately began looking for defenders to repel.

“Yeah, you know, snap, block. Like every other play,” Hunt said.

While Hunt did his job, Lynch completed a pass to Jazz Ferguson for the first down But the undrafted rookie wide receiver fumbled while being hit by Minnesota cornerback Duke Thomas. The ball bounded toward Vikings defenders. Seattle’s chance to take the lead in a 17-13 game seemed lost.

That’s when Hunt looked up from the defensive lineman he’d been blocking and sprinted his hair, his beard and the rest of his 299 pounds about 15 yards to the ball, which was still bounding in the Vikings secondary. The sight of a squatty 53 among numbers 87, 34 and other so-called “skill-position” players was striking.

And decisive.

Hunt dived at the ball and kept Minnesota from recovering the fumble. Seahawks teammate Jackson Harris, a reserve tight end, did instead, at the Vikings 21. Hunt then covered Harris to ensure no Viking tried to steal the ball from him while on the turf. The Seahawks kept possession.

“I saw the ball on the ground,” Hunt said. “And when the ball is on the ground, it’s ours.

“I had to go get it. ... I was trying to run fast. Hopefully, I didn’t look too slow.”

Slow? Hunt got there quickly for a center. For anyone.

Are 15-yard sprints something he works on, just in case of what happened Sunday?

“Awww,” he said, laughing. “I mean, I’m not really working on sprints for fumbles.

“Hopefully, we don’t put the ball on the ground.”

He grinned again.

21 minutes ago, angelosfrog said:

Shit!

+4

42 minutes ago, Senor Ballistico said:

Is the play they're talking about on that clip?   In 4:51 of video they played about 15 commercials and I got distracted near the end of it.  Did I miss it?

Dont think so.  I didn’t get through it either though. 

• Like (+1) 1

Check the last name on the list

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

3 hours ago, DirtyThirdFrog said:

When are Final NFL cuts?... hoping Kindred and a few other guys make rosters.

According to this Sportingnews.com article, the 53-man roster deadline is this Saturday, August 31st, at 4pm Eastern.

• Thanks (+1) 1