Sign in to follow this  
PurpleDawg

FROGS in PRO FOOTBALL 2019

Aaron Green with a big carry early in the game. This league is fun so far! Love the near total lack of commercials. Commanders up by one at halftime, 18-17.

• Like (+1) 1

Cole Hunt on the field in the San Antonio-San Diego game tonight. Just had a big catch. SA already ahead 8-0. Game's only in the first quarter so far.

1 hour ago, angelosfrog said:

SA team's stats.  Seems like Aaron Green needs more playing time at 5.2 yds a carry and 9.5 yds per catch receiving.  

https://aaf.com/san-antonio-commanders/stats

Yesterday's game was just awful for SA. I only saw Hunt play, but I did turn it off mid-3rd. I hope Riley gives Vaughan or Williams some playing time in place of Woodside in the next game. Couldn't hurt to try something new.

• Upvote (+1) 1

22 hours ago, PurpleDawg said:

Didn't he also have a top 5 40 yard dash? He will be a 3rd round pick. Though 250 is light for a DE

I’m surprised Banogu wasn’t getting talked about more. He had 20 sacks and 45 TFL while at TCU. He set a combine record broad jump for his position, the best vertical jump, ran a top 5 40-yard dash time, a top 10 three cone drill, and a top 10 short shuttle. That reads round 2 easily in my book. Likely first round if he was a little taller. I think he definitely ends up at OLB.

36 minutes ago, SuperToad said:

I’m surprised Banogu wasn’t getting talked about more. He had 20 sacks and 45 TFL while at TCU. He set a combine record broad jump for his position, the best vertical jump, ran a top 5 40-yard dash time, a top 10 three cone drill, and a top 10 short shuttle. That reads round 2 easily in my book. Likely first round if he was a little taller. I think he definitely ends up at OLB.

TCU will allow Turpin to participate in Pro Day activities if he gets the two domestic assault charges against him cleared before then and GP has good reports from his counselors.

“He’s one of ours,” Patterson said after a spring practice Sunday. “He’s supposed to be going to counseling, and if he gets everything cleared up, it’s not going to be one of those things where TCU’s going to say, ‘No.’ If he clears up and he does what he’s supposed to, he’ll have an opportunity to run on Pro Day because he was a TCU Horned Frog.”

Patterson said he and Turpin have discussed the conditions for Pro Day, and the reports Patterson has received have been positive about Turpin getting his off-field life in order.

“If he can get everything cleared up, and everybody thinks that he’s done a good job of trying to better himself, then he’ll have an opportunity to run for us and help himself in his NFL career,” Patterson said. “If he doesn’t do that, then I have people that I have to answer to and you have to do the right thing. He knows that.”

For Turpin, it’s a matter of hope that the cases will be resolved by then. The Fort Worth case was “still pending,” as of last week.

The New Mexico case has a pre-trial hearing scheduled for March 25.

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article227059469.html

18 hours ago, PurpleDawg said:

TCU will allow Turpin to participate in Pro Day activities if he gets the two domestic assault charges against him cleared before then and GP has good reports from his counselors.

“He’s one of ours,” Patterson said after a spring practice Sunday. “He’s supposed to be going to counseling, and if he gets everything cleared up, it’s not going to be one of those things where TCU’s going to say, ‘No.’ If he clears up and he does what he’s supposed to, he’ll have an opportunity to run on Pro Day because he was a TCU Horned Frog.”

Patterson said he and Turpin have discussed the conditions for Pro Day, and the reports Patterson has received have been positive about Turpin getting his off-field life in order.

“If he can get everything cleared up, and everybody thinks that he’s done a good job of trying to better himself, then he’ll have an opportunity to run for us and help himself in his NFL career,” Patterson said. “If he doesn’t do that, then I have people that I have to answer to and you have to do the right thing. He knows that.”

For Turpin, it’s a matter of hope that the cases will be resolved by then. The Fort Worth case was “still pending,” as of last week.

The New Mexico case has a pre-trial hearing scheduled for March 25.

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article227059469.html

I think this is fair.

• Upvote (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, MercenaryLibrarian said:

I think this is fair.

It's at least incentive for him. 

Something good happened for Derrick Kindred, but I'm not sure what. Maybe he got moved to starter with the Browns? It's very confusing.

4 hours ago, PurpleDawg said:

Something good happened for Derrick Kindred, but I'm not sure what. Maybe he got moved to starter with the Browns? It's very confusing.

Got married?

6 hours ago, Zebra Frog said:

Got married?

No, not that. Although, that did happen. But, something having to do with the Browns. I think he's become a starter.

• Upvote (+1) 1

13 hours ago, PurpleDawg said:

Where are you seeing this? I know they like him a lot there. He can play in the NFL for sure. 

22 hours ago, PurpleDawg said:

I think the Peppers trade for OBJ may have opened up a starting spot for DK.

Edit: Yep, updated depth chart shows OBJ at starting receiver, and DK at starting safety.

https://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/CLE

• Thanks (+1) 1

LJ Collier showed up on NFL Network last night as the #44 overall best player in the draft. I imagine Banogu wansn’t far off the list.