Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
PurpleDawg

FROGS in PRO FOOTBALL 2019

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, SuperToad said:

That was the worst Super Bowl I've ever seen. Even the commercials sucked. But at least a Frog got another SB ring.

 

 

 

I'm with coach P.  Saw some pretty darned good defense. What's wrong with watching great D? I get tired, personally, of watching scoring all the time. Reminds me too much of a Harlem Globetrotters "game". Football ought to be an even contest between the O and the D. Or even an uneven contest with the D having an advantage like hockey or soccer.

 

At some level I'm also reminded of the old statement by Frog-opposing teams in the past of "We just came out flat." No "we" didn't, the Frog D was just that good. The 12-3 win over Tech was one of the most deeply satisfying games I ever watched as one highly related example. Still go back and look at the Youtube of every TCU defensive play in that game from time to time. Near defensive perfection.

 

I agree the halftime show was pretty forgettable. No sex anywhere :o !

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gladys Knight was good.

 

Liked the Google ad paying tribute to veterans.

 

Cannon played and didn't give up any sacks as far as I could see.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Burner said:

Gladys Knight was good.

 

Liked the Google ad paying tribute to veterans.

 

Cannon played and didn't give up any sacks as far as I could see.

 

 

Suh pushed him into Brady on one play. Otherwise what I saw him do was really good.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Although he doesn't play the game, this Frog is definitely in pro football...

 

  • Thanks (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, SuperToad said:

That was the worst Super Bowl I've ever seen. Even the commercials sucked. But at least a Frog got another SB ring.

It was one of my six favorites of all time. Another ring for Marcus and another championship for Boston. 

  • Haha  (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Duquesne Frog said:

I thought it was a master class in defensive football.  I was entertained by the game.

I was on edge until the Pats kicked the second field goal. It was going to be pretty tough for the Rams after that. Superb defensive performances by both teams. Old school. Would only have been better if the Pats had worn these:

 

steve-grogan-1980-action_u-L-F8P42P0.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Boston Frog said:

I was on edge until the Pats kicked the second field goal. It was going to be pretty tough for the Rams after that. Superb defensive performances by both teams. Old school. Would only have been better if the Pats had worn these:

 

steve-grogan-1980-action_u-L-F8P42P0.jpg

 

Yeah the Rams definitely won the best uniform contest ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Boston Frog said:

... Superb defensive performances by both teams. ...

 

Coach P was probably drooling all over his plate watching the cornerback play and the D coaching calls!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Duquesne Frog said:

 

Yeah the Rams definitely won the best uniform contest ....

Probably the best NFL uniforms ever 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Rothbardian said:

Why is the guy on the helmet bent over like he's constipated?

He's full of crap, like the original owners. Also, he's supposed to be snapping a ball. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Which college football team is each AAF team’s counterpart?

These rosters were designed to be quite regional, but let’s find each team’s college counterpart.

 

The Alliance of American Football should be a fun spring pastime, with lots of players and coaches you’ve heard of trying out a more TV-friendly version of football on CBS platforms. But unless you live near one of the eight cities with AAF teams, you might be unsure which team to claim.

 

The league did a smart job of making sure each team’s roster includes lots of locals, but we can get more specific. Let’s count up alumni from each roster in order to narrow each AAF team down to a single college, then apply that information as a scouting report.

The San Antonio Commanders are Big 12 expansion

Four Houston Cougars and four TCU Horned Frogs. The Commanders have either recently made it into the Big 12 or will forever be teased with membership.

Other teams with multiple Commanders: Baylor (in the Big 12, though no one knew why for a long time), Cincinnati (another longtime Big 12 applicant who’ll never join), Indiana (often loses 41-38, a Big 12 tradition), Montana (has won multiple playoff games this decade, so is not a Big 12 team), Oklahoma (the good Big 12 team), Penn State (the first team to ever screw up the math in a conference’s name — the 10-team Big 12 is just playing catch up to 1990’s 11-team Big Ten), Purdue (Drew Brees is from Austin), Texas (Big 12’s CEO), Texas A&M (HAS NEVER BEEN IN THE BIG 12, DON’T LOOK IT UP), Toledo (also prone to 41-38 games).

https://www.sbnation.com/2019/2/9/18218155/aaf-rosters-college?src=rss

  • Haha  (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty cool interactive feature on ESPN.com this morning - kind of a "choose your own adventure" exploration of the NFL offseason and how different moves by certain players could cause ripples elsewhere in the market:

 

ESPN.com: NFL Offseason Dominoes

 

A few of the scenarios you can click through have an impact on Horned Frogs: one ends up with Andy Dalton being shipped to Washington and another ends up with Jason Verrett landing with the Eagles.  While it'd be a dream to watch Dalton throw to Doctson, putting two more of my favorite Frogs within the division would suck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Lyle Lanley II said:

Pretty cool interactive feature on ESPN.com this morning - kind of a "choose your own adventure" exploration of the NFL offseason and how different moves by certain players could cause ripples elsewhere in the market:

 

ESPN.com: NFL Offseason Dominoes

 

A few of the scenarios you can click through have an impact on Horned Frogs: one ends up with Andy Dalton being shipped to Washington and another ends up with Jason Verrett landing with the Eagles.  While it'd be a dream to watch Dalton throw to Doctson, putting two more of my favorite Frogs within the division would suck.

 

I think this is a do or die year for Andy. I don’t see the Bengals drafting a QB in the top 4 rounds this year. I really think the new coach is in on him. If he has a comeback year then they lock him up for another 5. If not, he’s done and they are going for someone in the first round in 2020. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, DirtyThirdFrog said:

 

I think this is a do or die year for Andy. I don’t see the Bengals drafting a QB in the top 4 rounds this year. I really think the new coach is in on him. If he has a comeback year then they lock him up for another 5. If not, he’s done and they are going for someone in the first round in 2020. 

Boooo. Do not like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, DirtyThirdFrog said:

 

I think this is a do or die year for Andy. I don’t see the Bengals drafting a QB in the top 4 rounds this year. I really think the new coach is in on him. If he has a comeback year then they lock him up for another 5. If not, he’s done and they are going for someone in the first round in 2020. 

 

I agree.  He's had a long run in Cincy but it might be time to move on if they don't turn it around this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, PurpleDawg said:

Boooo. Do not like.

 

Its been 8 years and nothing to show for it. Most of it not on Andy. Some of it on him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DirtyThirdFrog said:

 

Its been 8 years and nothing to show for it. Most of it not on Andy. Some of it on him. 

 

Andy has a lot of $$$ to show for it.  :)  He'll be okay either way.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, angelosfrog said:

 

Andy has a lot of $$$ to show for it.  :)  He'll be okay either way.  

But, that's not the point for a competitor, is it? Money isn't all that motivates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DirtyThirdFrog said:

 

Its been 8 years and nothing to show for it. 

 

I mean, yeah, postseason success has eluded him.  And trust me, as a Cowboys fan I understand that's the metric by which QBs are judged.

 

On the other hand, I wouldn't say he has nothing to show for it.  He's led a previously sad-sack franchise to two division titles and three other playoff berths, earned three Pro Bowl berths (yes, I know those are de-valued now), and thrown for nearly 30k yards and 200 TDs to put him in close range of breaking franchise records in those categories.  Also, the afore-mentioned $67 million he's been paid to this point.

  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Lyle Lanley II said:

 

I mean, yeah, postseason success has eluded him.  And trust me, as a Cowboys fan I understand that's the metric by which QBs are judged.

 

On the other hand, I wouldn't say he has nothing to show for it.  He's led a previously sad-sack franchise to two division titles and three other playoff berths, earned three Pro Bowl berths (yes, I know those are de-valued now), and thrown for nearly 30k yards and 200 TDs to put him in close range of breaking franchise records in those categories.  Also, the afore-mentioned $67 million he's been paid to this point.

 

Oh trust me. I was a Bengals fan long before Andy was the QB. I remember thinking Akili Smith was the savior. Andy has done some great things for that Franchise. And I don’t think he’s done yet. But I also think this is by far the most pivotal year in his career. 

  • Upvote (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...