Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
PurpleDawg

FROGS in PRO FOOTBALL 2019

Recommended Posts

21 hours ago, PurpleDawg said:

OMGosh, they're benching Andy on his birthday! Dan Patrick was saying today that this situation has a Carson Palmer feel to it and he believes that AD will be a starter elsewhere next season.

 

 

Plus they told him ~3 hours before the trade deadline.  

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27966265/bengals-qb-andy-dalton-calls-timing-benching-unfortunate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Worried about @DirtyThirdFrog. We haven't heard from our #1 Bengals fan since the AD news. How you doing, sugar? 🤗

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/1/2019 at 9:35 AM, PurpleDawg said:

Worried about @DirtyThirdFrog. We haven't heard from our #1 Bengals fan since the AD news. How you doing, sugar? 🤗

 

Works got me down lately!

 

Bengals suck. I hate them. I'm a Jags fan now. Minshew for life.

 

But seriously. That franchise can't get out of its own way. Andy was far from the problem.

 

They didn't address the O-Line, they hired a coach whos in way over his head, and AJ green cant stay healthy. If a RB as talented as Mixon is averaging less than 3.5 yards a carry, the Oline is at fault.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DirtyThirdFrog said:

 

Works got me down lately!

 

Bengals suck. I hate them. I'm a Jags fan now. Minshew for life.

 

But seriously. That franchise can't get out of its own way. Andy was far from the problem.

 

They didn't address the O-Line, they hired a coach whos in way over his head, and AJ green cant stay healthy. If a RB as talented as Mixon is averaging less than 3.5 yards a carry, the Oline is at fault.

I'm excited for Andy to get the heck out of there. right now, Tampa Bay is looking like a good bet. With the right coaching and support around him, Andy has a chance at another 2-3 good years that would serve as redemption for the cluster-f Cincy has been.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, the problem in Cincy was all Andy. 🙄

  • Haha  (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lyle Lanley II said:

Andy is getting un-benched by the Bengals.

If I'm Andy, I'm refusing to go in.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

It’s not often that Bill Belichick gives a specific shoutout to a player in his postgame press conference, but the Patriots’ coach made an exception after Sunday’s 13-9 win over the Cowboys.

At the end of his postgame remarks, Belichick took time to add some prolonged praise of right tackle Marcus Cannon.

“I’d say one final thing in closing that one of the real top efforts today would have to go to Marcus Cannon,” said Belichick.

According to the Patriots’ coach, Cannon had been sick for three days leading up to the game.

“I honestly didn’t expect him to play today and we talked before the game and he felt like he’d be able to work through it,” Belichick continued. “So we tried to help him out a bit there at the half, but I’d say overall it’s one of the top efforts I’ve seen for a guy that just barely had enough strength to put on his uniform went out there and played against multiple good football players, but certainly with [DeMarcus] Lawrence.”

Cannon was tasked with blocking Lawrence, Dallas’s two-time Pro Bowl defensive end. While his performance wasn’t perfect, Cannon was able to prevent the talented Cowboys pass-rusher from sacking Tom Brady.

“I thought he played very, very competitively, played tough, and that’s the kind of leadership and toughness that we have on this team,” Belichick added. “So that was a great job by Marcus.”

https://www.boston.com/sports/new-england-patriots/2019/11/24/bill-belichick-marcus-cannon

 

 

 

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot of Rumbles around Bengals nation that they are going to Roll with Andy for 1 more year and Draft either Chase Young from tOSU or Trade down.

 

I

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, DirtyThirdFrog said:

A lot of Rumbles around Bengals nation that they are going to Roll with Andy for 1 more year and Draft either Chase Young from tOSU or Trade down.

 

I

I would hate that...ready to see him give it a shot in another organization.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Rothbardian said:

Chase Young versus Joe Burrow...

 

I think if you gotta go Chase Young. He's a once every 5 year type of pass rusher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, shenanigans said:

I would hate that...ready to see him give it a shot in another organization.

 

The thing is, who? All the teams that need QBs will likely draft one. The others he will likely be a backup.

 

Tampa?- Probably the most likely if they don't keep Jameis

Miami?- Draft

Chicago?- I bet they roll with Tribuskiy for another year

San Diego?- Maybe, if RIvers doesn't come back

Denver?

Charlotte?- Actually I could see that... and would be good fit. Wouldn't that be a twist of fate? Replacing Cam.

Oakland?- Gruden has always loved Andy.

 

And there is also Teddy Bridgewater out there, and maybe Tom Brady? Josh Rosen?

 

I say give Andy one more year with a healthy O-Line, a better D, and John Ross/ AJ Green back. I think they could make some noise in 2020.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DirtyThirdFrog said:

 

I think if you gotta go Chase Young. He's a once every 5 year type of pass rusher.

 

Two phases of the game, throw the ball or prevent the other team from throwing the ball. Chase Young is more of a sure thing than any QB in this draft IMHO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Rothbardian said:

 

Two phases of the game, throw the ball or prevent the other team from throwing the ball. Chase Young is more of a sure thing than any QB in this draft IMHO.

 

Totally agree. He's a JJ Watt/ Khalil Mack type of talent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kyle Hicks getting out of football.

 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...